Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,094 members, 7,828,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer (24402 Views)

Oshiorenoya Agabi Creates Koniku Kore, Computer That Smells Explosives, Cancer / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / New Discovery How To Identify Breast Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by kobonaire(m): 2:29am On Sep 02, 2015
ayokunlei:
thats good of Him. I wish him well in His endeavours.
Jesus Is Coming Back Very Soon
are you prepared?
they have been saying that since 1687 ...
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 02, 2015
WOW
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Allwility: 3:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Let's celebrate what we have! If you take a look at his CV which I've attached, you will see he deserves it. I'm proud of you sir!

Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 02, 2015
As for me I can study bubes all day for free
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by sam90s(m): 5:28am On Sep 02, 2015
QMark:
There are more than 120 types of cancer. He chose BREAST cancer research.
Congratulations Dr. Akala!

There are quite a number of vital organs in the human body that makes a gunshot wound life threatening, however, being an expert in removing a bullet from the neck and somehow managing to prevent the victims from bleeding to death would certainly help you to replicate that skills in the case of a gunshot wound to the upper left part of the body, death to BREAST cancer.
Congrats doctor.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by vicfajeze: 5:47am On Sep 02, 2015
up nigeria
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Rotimi47: 6:21am On Sep 02, 2015
dokyOloye:
Na Biafran?
Nigerian Yoruba, i believe Oyo State.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Rotimi47: 6:23am On Sep 02, 2015
Yorubas always standing out since time immemorial without beating their chest or making noise like some always do over nothing.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Leyemoshood: 6:50am On Sep 02, 2015
nice initiative,students also need research

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Ofornaira: 7:02am On Sep 02, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^If Buhari had a say in this, the awardee must come from Daura....by fire or by force! Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for Akala and the entire int'l science community) this is an international award where true merit (and not the ojoro Nigerian type) is the only prerequisite for recognition!
This is one of the reasons why we should be praying seriously for this country, because there is big trouble as buhari keeps appointing only people from his village into his cabinet. How often do we see people from buhari's village with this kind of remarkable achievements both in politics and sciences abroad.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by avaa(m): 7:03am On Sep 02, 2015
ProfEinstein:
My biafran brother is representing us well, atleast he is not from Southwest grin

When will you grow up and stop this nonsense? Haba!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by riczy(m): 7:06am On Sep 02, 2015
for d tribal bigots: if u must knw he is from owan west,Akoko Edo,EDO state.all d best man!
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by pazienza(m): 7:28am On Sep 02, 2015
Rotimi47:
Yorubas always standing out since time immemorial without beating their chest or making noise like some always do over nothing.

You are already beating your chest with this post. *grins

Btw, nothing is wrong with being proud of your tribesmen achievements.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 02, 2015
dokyOloye:
Na Biafran?
no oo na yorubber. Palm oil soup people
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by dj4wealth: 7:37am On Sep 02, 2015
Rotimi47:
Nigerian Yoruba, i believe Oyo State.

He is from Osun State. I know him.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by dj4wealth: 7:41am On Sep 02, 2015
tsdarkside:

this wan dey craze.....he could have go to the pharma-industries direct and sell it for billions of dollars...stvpid black-idiat that is trying to save the world,that can not be saved....pahhhhh.... angry angry angry angry angry

No bro. He knows his onions.
He is a consultant to some pharmaceutical company here in Nigeria. But the politics of this country is not helping out.
I wish sanity would be brought back to this Nation to stop this brain drain.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by dj4wealth: 7:43am On Sep 02, 2015
riczy:
for d tribal bigots: if u must knw he is from owan west,Akoko Edo,EDO state.all d best man!

No.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by menxer: 7:45am On Sep 02, 2015
stokfrick:
Proud to belong to the most pivotal of all health professions- PHARMACY!! Without drugs, be it orthodox, be it natural, how would all other health evaluation processes be validated or justified? Pharmacists sure deserve our respect!

AS MEN OF HONOUR, WE JOIN HANDS!

All professions are pivotal to human development.
what would the pharmacist do without the engineer that design and manufacture the equipment the pharmacist uses or the architect that designs the lab, the structural engineer......the list is endless.

...all professions join hands.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by ArodewilliamsT: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2015
YerYer:
Howard university is an all black school. Nigerians practically run that school from the professors to the top students. Almost every year the valedictorian and topmost students are Nigerians. Keep making us proud.

Yeah...Zik finished from there.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by dj4wealth: 8:29am On Sep 02, 2015
U.S. Govt will spare no $ dollar to ensure they keep the best. Obviously, the govt did not want him to come back home.

U.S Strategy 101.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by Viktor1983(m): 8:48am On Sep 02, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^If Buhari had a say in this, the awardee must come from Daura....by fire or by force! Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for Akala and the entire int'l science community) this is an international award where true merit (and not the ojoro Nigerian type) is the only prerequisite for recognition!

I tell you.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2015
IamforGod:

When akala turn igbo?
grin He mistook Akala for Okala
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by 400billionman: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2015
The way Ibos are excelling. There is God of.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by jice(m): 11:14am On Sep 02, 2015
I pray for you to succeed in this bid to:
- Earn yourself a name amongst the best
- Reduce death in our world
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by zikmarty: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
in two words 'brain drain'
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by ibedun: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
izzieman:

Americans dem dey smart.

A Nigerian researcher a, a Russian researcher, and American money; the two will combine their knowledge and the result will be used in the US and maybe people from Nigeria and Russia will pay billions for what these two brains churn out.

The Americans will own the rights to the outcome of this study/research. It's the reason they do so well.
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by gayeobasan(m): 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Impressive!!
Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by free37: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Good for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by expressglory: 6:49am On Sep 03, 2015
Good one..The man once taught me Pharmaceutics in Ife.He is cool headed and hardworking.CONGRATS

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer by seeman(m): 8:50am On Sep 03, 2015
sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? / Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / What Nigeria Is Losing For Killing Mountain Gorillas – Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.