Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Facts About Michael Okpara University Of Agric Umudike (MOUAU) Admission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts About Michael Okpara University Of Agric Umudike (MOUAU) Admission (2424 Views)

Mouau Admission Screening Exercise 2017/2018 Announced / Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike Campus / Michael Okpara University Students Worship God Under Heavy Rain,Photos Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Michael Okpara University Of Agric Umudike (MOUAU) Admission by xlash(m): 6:00am On Sep 02, 2015
The questions that aspirants keep asking and
already tired of answering is the question. pertaining to the departmental cut-off mark for 2015 PUTME.

I will like to use this medium to inform you all, that Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike have not officially published any stipulated mark to be the cut-off for any department.

I have read several articles which the Authors titled it to be the cut-off for the school.
You are advised to ignore such, as those marks where all fabricated.

In this Article I will be addressing some questions
pertaining to Mouau Admission Process.
To start with, Let’s read this article, posted by the
Former webmaster of Mouau, Obioma Kelechi Anyawu on April 11, 2013…

It goes thus……..
”Basically, admission at MOUAU is based on a
competitive quota system"
. What does that mean?

This simply means that during the admission process, each dept/course is allocated a certain number of student slots within the total admission quota for the entire University and these slots are
competitively allocated.

So assuming the University has about 2,000 slots
approved by NUC for a particular session, this number is divided between the Depts/courses.
Soil Science, Botany, Agronomy may be given less than 50 slots each, while the more competitive Agribusiness, Microbiology, Comp Eng, Comp Science, may be given about 150 slots each. And other depts/courses in order of size and competitiveness.

During the selection process, all the students who
applied for each of these courses are listed according to the scores they have, in descending order. Then selection is made based on the quota allocated for that dept/course for that year.

Therefore if after sorting the names a candidates name falls as the 88th person in order of score for a particular program that was allocated 50 slots, obviously such a candidate will not be admitted.

Typically, applications received for the programs
mentioned earlier ranges around these figures during Post-UTME,
Soil Science – less than 20,
Botany – about 100,
Agronomy – less than 10,
while Agribusiness – about 1,300,
Microbiology –almost 1,000,
Comp Eng – about 900, Comp Science- over 1,000, etc.

These are typical figures. Let me add Civil Engr – about 300-400.

With the explanation above and the figures shown here, you will discover that a candidate who was not offered admission in Comp Eng, will find another candidate with the same score, being offered admission to read Civil Engr.

This is because the competition is less heated there.
Equally a candidate who was not offered admission to read Biochemistry, will find out that the scores of several of those admitted to read Botany/Zoology are much lower than his/hers.

And when this happens such a candidate will start
complaining and claiming that he/she was denied
admission as a result of corruption and bribery,
obviously not understanding the way the system works.

I can categorically tell you that the merit admissions at MOUAU are processed 100% on merit. After the merit admissions, then comes the supplementary admissions.
But many of our prospective students do not know that supplementary admission is not automatic. You need to indicate interest and apply for it.

If you don’t apply for Supplementary Admission at the right time, the result is that a candidate who scored lower than you, but who indicated interest and applied through the proper channels will be admitted and you still find yourself without admission and probably complaining.

This has been a long post, I just hope there are few
mistakes and that it is easy to understand, otherwise feel free to ask further questions.

Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT DOES SUPPLEMENTARY LIST MEANS.
I will answer this with an article;
“After the regular merit admissions lists have been
announced and published, successful aspirants are expected to pay the required acceptance fee within a specified time. At the end of the period, the admissions unit, takes stock of the spaces that have not been filled or taken up by paying the required acceptance fee.

When the time is right, the University then calls for
applications from candidates who have not yet been admitted and who wish to be offered admission. The announcement usually comes with guidelines on how aspirants can apply and the particular courses/departments that are open for applications.

To read full article, click http://primebaze.com/forum2_theme_112058931.xhtml?tema=32

Sometimes the guidelines will include the average
scores that may be eligible to apply for each course/department.

From experience, this admission list tends to generate the longest list and largest number of aspirants being granted admission. The time frame given to receive applications is usually a very small window of time, this makes it imperative that aspirants who may wish to apply need to put their documents together in order to reduce their
reaction time to the call for supplementary admission applications.

You have all heard of it from the Horse’s mouth, its best not to delay when the supplementary forms are released.
Wish you all the best.

2. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING ADMISSION WITH MY AVERAGE ?
The higher your average, the better your chances of getting admission.

Continue Reading by clicking the source

source http://primebaze.com/forum2_theme_112058931.xhtml?tema=32

(1) (Reply)

Accredited Jamb Registration Center In Ikorodu | Easycafe Ltd | Easy24.com.ng / Solve This / Uniben 2009/2010 Post Ume/de Cut-off Mark And Admission Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.