Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport (2252 Views)

Governor El-rufai's Gift To Chinese Investors That Visited Him Today In Kaduna / Ikpeazu Woos Chinese Investors With Corn And Coconuts (photos) / Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by AnamCity: 6:53am On Sep 02, 2015
Improving Internally Generated Revenue has been described as the panacea for sustaining the tempo of development in the state.

Governor Willie Obiano stated this during a familiarization visit by a team of foreign Investors from Turkey, Italy and China at the Government House, Awka.

Ejike Abana, reports that the visit was aimed at examining the modalities involved in construction of a Cargo airport in the state.

While reiterating that his administration has restructured the operations of the Board of Internally Revenue Service to make it more responsive and accountable, Governor Obiano, represented by his Deputy, Dr Nkem Okeke, said it is also one of the ways to increase the revenue profile of the state for sustainable development.

Governor Obiano pointed out that the Cargo Airport is one of the facilities needed in the state, bearing in mind that Anambra State is an Industrial hub of the country.

Governor Obiano, who said that the state is already in the process of exploiting its oil, expressed optimism that the Cargo Airport will be of maximum benefit, when completed.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Chief Tony Okowa, while appreciating Governor Obiano for the warm reception accorded them said that the visit has helped in establishing modalities that will help them embark on the project, adding that they will come back in two weeks time for further negotiations and actions.

The Chairman of the Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA), Chief Joe Billy Ekwunife, who was also present at the event, expressed confidence in the team’s ability to do a quality job.

In a vote of thanks, Chief Ekene Enefe, while assuring the investors that the state is the best place to invest, appreciated them for deeming it wise to invest in the state, expressing optimism that the visit will be fruitful.

http://anambrariansnews.com.ng/?p=16615

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by egift(m): 7:08am On Sep 02, 2015
Good. Things like this is what we want in Ala Igbo not some quest to Cavelandhood.

God bless Ala Igbo and Nigeria in general

8 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Orjioorji(f): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2015
the best governor in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by kossyablaze(m): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm oga adicha mma

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by zuchyblink(m): 7:13am On Sep 02, 2015
willy my man. I just love that man

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by eleojo23: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2015
Cool.
I admire Anambra state - the economic powerhouse of the East.
Hardworking people, business oriented and they are not lagging behind in education also.

And most importantly, their government works.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by LoveMachine(m): 7:17am On Sep 02, 2015
WILLIE IS WORKING!

12 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by AnamCity: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2015
Work is fast ongoing at the dual carriageways in three different directions within Anambra all leading to the facility.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by VickJames(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2015
Anambra state will be great again. With meagre allocation from the federal government, they still find ways of developing the state.

With cargo airport in anambra state, we won't have to spend millions in transporting goods from Lagos to onitsha again. Everything will be coming into the state.

Anambra state will also be blessed with oil and not cursed with it. We won't be dependent on it but it will make businesses boom more in the state.

I just pray that Abia state will be serious with their dredging of their river so that we can have our seaport since the distance to the sea isn't that far.

If my region can give me these two things, I swear I'm returning home, when I have a beautiful home in my state.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by kettykin: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2015
I wish the Anambra governors were the governors general of the whole eastern nigeria. The international cargo airport built by foreign investors will reinvent international trading in the east.

I call on other less visionary government in the east to think out of the box and embark on projects that would revolutionise business in the east, this is a government that is not owing salaries, while some state governments are borrowing to pay salaries others are building international airports.

My advice to igbos ignore buhari and his stupid APC and their antics and let us face the eastern economy at the end of the day just as the East produced the highest standards in education at all levels the east would also provide and produce the highest standards in business, finance, sports, commerce and entertainment measuring up to Europe and Asia standards.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by lincolnj88: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2015
grin finish this and open onitsha port link the cargo airport and onitsha port to ABA, owerri and enugu....
Then d east will start booming over and over...
Proudly Igbo... Anioma precisely and Kwale ...

22 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2015
Great news. ........

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 02, 2015
This is what we need not like hungry politicians that always care about there self income .....selfish politicians that crippling Nigeria economy every hour. .......

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by VickJames(m): 7:35am On Sep 02, 2015
Easterners should start dealing with the useless governors and ex-governors who have embezzled state funds which is meant for infrastructural development.

I am very unhappy with the way TA. Orji and Okorocha are still walking without holding them accountable for their mis-deeds. I am not happy with my happy in those states. They shouldn't act as if whatever they do in their states doesn't concern them. They should treat their messes with strong hands and show them that they don't steal from igbo people.

How can an igbo man not be prudent with spending when its in their DNA to spend money well and build wealth? We need more loyal people in the east and we will get loyalty by force. They shouldn't sit down there and embezzle funds.

Igbos don't need free things from the government, they only need enabling environment and things will start moving in an astronomic pace. My uncle is a testimony in anambra state now, his business is better than many businesses in Lagos because he has keyed into the development in anambra state.

What intelligent business men will do is building good businesses in anambra state now because when all these things open up, there will be too much rush. Trust my brothers to occupy every possible land to erect their businesses.

I believe the east will be great if we can help in building it again. We need not sit down in our home and let Okorocha and colleagues eat our money and go scot-free.

#ibelieveintheeast

8 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by eagleae7(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2015
Good work my Governor

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 02, 2015
This is what we need not like hungry politicians that always care about there self income .....selfish politicians that crippling Nigeria economy every hour. .......

I'm always ashamed whenever I saw Nigeria economy going down every day by day. ....even some smallest African countries are making jest of Nigeria. ......

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2015
Lovely

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by chino11(m): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Anambra obodo oyibo cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Hungry Nigeria politicians ...it shall never be well with them in Jesus name amen. ...

They children will be in abroad schooling while the second sitizen will be here suffering ......God punish them all........
Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Chidexter(m): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2015
Anambra Kwenu!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by kettykin: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2015
Obiano please get some investors to take another look at the Onitsha port project and build a new port if necessary as the nigerian factor has now come into the old port.

Other projects that can also boost the eastern economy and business climate is having local refineries, steel complexes and foundaries, getting China, UAE, Taiwan, India, Germany ,Japan to have a consulate office in the East

5 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2015
This is a very good news to hear this morning. Two main areas to develop the south east. Foreign direct investment, government support of private enterprise (SME); build roads and maintain them, power generation, provide security. There is ample gas for power generation. One foreign company that I know (name withheld) are on the ready to commence development of gas in Anambra state solely for power generation. This plan is sitting on their table and considered high priority. So with or without government ministerial appointment states can survive. Those states who depend solely on government patronage are the ones that will bear the brunt in future.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by AustineE1: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2015
Its well,a journey of a thousand miles,starts with one step...Anambra adigo mma!
ala igbo adigo mma.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2015
OK at least not Peter Obi's initiative ..

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2015
My state gradually moving to the top.... We have always been ahead in business and money. Those from Imo yabbed us that we are only "Boy boy" without no school. They stereotyped us. Our governor then quickly invested in education so much and we took the number one spot from them! Imo state was the first to have a cargo airport in the East. But watch as we take over when this is completed.... Courtesy of the Idiot they have in government house as governor!

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Yeske2(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2015
Love this my Anambra, always in the news for good reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2015
As much I as I will personally like to beat up TA orji if I ran into him on the street, I must give him credit for one thing. He refused to borrow from the Bond market and according to the Debt management office, Abia state debt is highly serviceable. As of december 2014, abia state was one of the least indebted state in the nation(N6.76bln). Infact, with proper tax structure, that debt can be paid off in a week. Abia economy is thriving regardless of the poor leadership. Imagine what would happen if they get a leader like obiano. I doubt this new governor is the Technocrat abia state needs badly

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by ruffhandu: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Only if the FG does not frustrate this, let's watch and see.
Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by EasternLion: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
NAIJASOM:
As much I as I will personally like to beat up TA orji if I ran into him on the street, I must give him credit for one thing. He refused to borrow from the Bond market and according to the Debt management office, Abia state debt is highly serviceable. As of december 2014, abia state was one of the least indebted state in the nation(N6.76bln). Infact, with proper tax structure, that debt can be paid off in a week. Abia economy is thriving regardless of the poor leadership. Imagine what would happen if they get a leader like obiano. I doubt this new governor is the Technocrat abia state needs badly

I pray Okezie gets it right.
Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by explorer250(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
Anambra state is one of our greatest hope in igboland

5 Likes

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by explorer250(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Cc: princedebola201 why viewing? Why dont you throw out your tribal sentiment?
As china is a child of destiny against usa so is anambra a child of destiny against lagos.
We made lagos and we will unmake her when the time is due

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Turkish, Italian And Chinese Investors To Build Int'l Cargo Airport by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
This is a very good developmet. Kudos to Governor Willie Obiano

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Respect Of National Symbols / President Buhari Achievements So Far / Yorubas Are From Israel. See Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.