Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard (38253 Views)

"One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri / APC “disowns” Amaechi, Fashola, Others As Ministers / Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by flyingsnail(f): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2015
Anybody can produce a billboard and display. We know nothing about it.”

With those words, the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Lai Mohammed on Tuesday disowned a billboard in the social media purporting to prove that the governing party authorized two documents in which the then Presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhari allegedly promised to achieve certain milestones in his first 100 days in office.

President Buhari’s spokespersons, Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu, as well as Alhaji Mohammed, have separately disowned the documents.

The billboard, which bears large portraits of the then candidate Buhari and his running mate, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and three bold faces of pupils in school uniforms, has a banner that reads in capital letters: “ONE MEAL A DAY.”

The provision of one meal daily to pupils in public schools is one of the 100-day campaign promises of the documents, entitled: “My Covenant With Nigerians” and “One Hundred Things Buhari Will Do In 100 Days.”

Speaking with Daily Times on Monday night, however, Alhaji Mohammed said that the billboard could have emanated from any source.

He maintained that his party did not authorize both the document and the billboard.

The spot where the billboard was displayed during the campaign was not clear at press time.

Mohammed said: “The President never said he would do any specific thing within the first 100 days. Anybody can say whatever they like, we remain focused.”

The spokesman of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, told Daily Times that his party wished to leave reaction to the development to Nigerians.

He said: “We believe that the APC made those promises when they are now denying. Let the Nigerian people be the judge.”...
http://dailytimes.com.ng/apc-disowns-one-meal-day-billboard/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by dialfa: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2015
grin

tongue

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2015
Majority didn't vote for buhari because of his campaign promises.

We all know our politicians are liars and that will not stop as far as democracy is concerned in Nigeria.

PDP made promises too which they didn't fulfil.

Only God that can make a promise without failing you smiley.

162 Likes 15 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Djicemob: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2015
grin

Buhari and APC have denied themselves and any connection between eachother,is it "one meal a day" that they cant deny?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2015
They must feed agarawu and midolian with one meal a day because of their activities on NL

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by ardeks(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Speechless

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by 5starmilitant: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2015
OMG, apc disowning free feeding? The main reason the hungry masturbaters voted for that brainless messiah?
Choiiiii the hungry masturbaters have been finished..... grin grin grin grin

Masturbaters oya come and do the needful o, there's no time... grin grin grin grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Chidexter(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2015
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by oshyno(m): 8:05am On Sep 02, 2015
Is all gud people. Let's forget wateva they promised. Fvck 1$=N1, fvck 5k for unemployed, fvck all d promises. Just hit d ground running and shore up our economy. Nigerians have energetic smart entreprenuers that can turn their lives around with good govt policy. Thaz all we ask for not a meal. Ofcourse u hv decieved us. In sane clime u guyz will be going to jail for fraud. Cuz u got the victory on unimaginable promises we all know only Jah can achieve.

People just got tired of PDP and APC shud be thankful for dat. The kind of defeat APC will suffer if they continue dis way will be worse than what PDP experienced cuz they raised peoples hope. Fvck up and ur done.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:06am On Sep 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
They must feed agarawu and midolian with one meal a day because of their activities on NL
I haven't taste #5 from nigeria govt money and I will never do. cool

Barcanista is quitting Nl when his monthly allowance isn't coming in again grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by jemir000: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2015
Buhari is just a lanky lying lair...pampers-wearing baba...

Its a shame that these men are at the helm of affairs...

Didn't we see parties like KOWA and HOPE? Yet, we decided to choose a former dictator who is surrounded by tyrants...

Hope is lost in Nigeria...

Niger Delta Nation loading....40%

Once once, gworo chewing Buhari is a motherfvcka

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2015
Teacher: What Is Change??

Midolian: Change Is When You Deviate From What You've Made People To Believe You For & Embark On Another Thing..

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Mynd44: 8:09am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:

We all know our politicians are liars and that will not stop as far as democracy is concerned in Nigeria.

Exactly. A lot of people actually voted President Jonathan out instead if President Buhari in.

But all these brouhaha over promises would not arise of the media team had not started denying things. Instead of denying then, they could have just said they are doing the best they can to meet the expectations of Nigerians in the face of huge economic mis-governance by the previous administration. They can further state what they have done and say they will do more.

This denial just gives time and space for a free for all.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:
I haven't taste #5 from nigeria govt money and I will never do.

Barcanista is quitting Nl when is monthly allowance isn't coming in again grin
When will pelumi and razak in pry school eat the food their teacher promised them when school resumes?

APC lies will destroy them soon

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:

majority in the SW voted APC because of the meal in order to save the pocket money they give their wards for feeding

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:13am On Sep 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
When will pelumi and razak in pry school eat the food their teacher promised them when school resumes?

APC lies will destroy them soon
ECOTERRORS:
majority in the SW voted APC because of the meal in order to save the pocket money they give their wards for feeding
I know say you need this food seriously, why not come to my house let me see what I can do wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by major466(m): 8:13am On Sep 02, 2015
APC led government of Daura born Magician didn't deny any bill boards during campaigns because it suits their lying agenda. Now that reality has set in after 100 wasted days, they are denying their own bill boards. sad How low can they get themselves in the mud Very shamefull indeed.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2015
[size=18pt]BUHARI & OSINBAJO ARE MEN OF "YTIRGETNI"[/size] grin grin grin

26 Likes

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2015
Mynd44:

Exactly. A lot of people actually voted President Jonathan out instead if President Buhari in.

But all these brouhaha over promises would not arise of the media team had not started denying things. Instead of denying then, they could have just said they are doing the best they can to meet the expectations of Nigerians in the face of huge economic mis-governance by the previous administration. They can further state what they have done and say they will do more.

This denial just gives time and space for a free for all.
you have a point bro

7 Likes

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Lordave: 8:15am On Sep 02, 2015
They're now realising that the number of sane Nigerians is multiplying everyday, as such, they have to take back and deny all their campaign promises.

Buhari did not want to be the president of Nigeria, his iniquities integrity forced Nigerians to choose him- Lie Mohammed.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2015
In my own opinion, I don't take campaign promises serious. Most times, the perceived personality of a candidate makes people vote for him cos we have seen all sorts of crazy things in Nigerian politics.

I don't believe in campaign promises cos the same party officials can hold their candidate to ransome once he wins the election. Hence all those promises will turn to something else.

Please lets forget the promises and judge at the end of the 4 years tenure.
Let our votes tell them they lied by promising heaven/earth and denying same when they got into power.

If we feel it's too bad, let's move to impeach the president, though it may be too early to see results. We always have options.

1 Like

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:
I know say you need this food seriously, why not come to my house let me see what I can do wink
Which kind of internet modem do you use for browsing. Its damn fast.

APC data centres really spent money on you guys.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by Opinedecandid(m): 8:18am On Sep 02, 2015
Lie lie party.

Lie lie government.

I smell ALL campaign promises disowned at the end of four years.

Mbom

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by 48noble(m): 8:18am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:

agarawu23:
I [b]haven't taste #5 from nigeria govt money [/b]and I will never do. cool
Barcanista is quitting Nl when is monthly allowance isn't coming in again grin
No wonder u hate PDP so much...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by nanya124(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2015
It is finished! Next to be denied is N5000 stipend. And its beginning to appear worse than ONE CHANCE!!!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Which kind of internet modem do you use for browsing. Its damn fast.

APC data centres really spent money on you guys.
now you gat me laughing grin

1 Like

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2015
48noble:

No wonder u hate PDP so much...
that doesn't mean I hate you as a PDP supporter smiley
Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by SeverusSnape(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Agarawu23 the hungry boy won't be getting any meal. Demdem the broke ass maniac won't be getting any 5,000. grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Agarawu 23 the hungry boy won't be getting any meal. Demdem the broke ass maniac won't be getting any 5,000. grin
All APC members will be receiving the 5k tongue

PDP's will remain on the queue cos u guys don lavish una own during una tenure grin

1 Like

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by 48noble(m): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:
that doesn't mean I hate you as a PDP supporter smiley

It doesn't mean u like me either...
Competence is what we seek from public office holders... hope of keeping promises is better than denying them afterwards.

1 Like

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by rolchi(m): 8:35am On Sep 02, 2015
But PMB did promise all those things! PMB even told Amanpour of CNN that he will achieve them given time since his government is still weeks into Power. Denying the whole promises made is wickedness by the APC. It would have been better to asked for more time than denying they made such promises. The APC should know that "one lie told will need so many more lies to uphold". This will damage their credibility and integrity.

One of the salient achievements of GEJ is that Nigerians are more aware and informed than ever before int he history of Politicking. The Nigerian Voters now believe that true power belongs to the people!

The APC have chosen a wrong path by outright denials...there is payback tomorrow!

May God help PMB!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard by agarawu23(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2015
48noble:

It doesn't mean u like me either...
Competence is what we seek from public office holders... hope of keeping promises is better than denying them afterwards.
accepted.
But are you aware gej promises too weren't fulfilled too? Nobody holy pass wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Has Set Traps For Tinubu – Shehu Sanni / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? / FG To Pay For Free Power Supply, Says Discos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.