|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,426,483 members, 5,447,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 08:56 AM
Photos: Late Chief Deinde Fernandez Laid To Rest In Brussels, Belgium / Abimbola Fernandez Mourns Late Dad With Touching Throwback Photos / Nigerian Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez Has Died (2) (3) (4)
|10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by jaybossYBNL(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2015|
Antonio Dehinde Fernandez, Nigerian billionaire, passed away in Belgium, at about 9pm on Tuesday, September 1.
The news of his death was disseminated by Ovation publisher, Dele Momodu.
During his life, Fernandez, was hardly based in Nigeria, and as such, little is known about him in the country, apart from the fact that he is a billionaire.
Consequently, we have compiled a list of 10 things you should know about him;
1. Late Chief Dehinde Fernandez was a flamboyant billionaire, who is reported to have six private jets. He also owns a Chateau in France, which was once occupied by Napoleon Bonaparte, the Emperor Of France.
2. Fernandez was a diplomat and businessman, who served as the Permanent Representative of Central African Republic (CAR) at the United Nations in 1997 as well as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the country, at some point.
3. He has stakes in gold mines, diamonds pits in Angola and Equatorial Guinea and also owns Petro Inett, an oil company. He also has shares in Sandcat Petroleum, Sanantonio Goldfields, Voguehope, Grantdalem Inuola, Sandcat Goldfields, among others.
4. Fernandez served as the Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International Economic Matters and from 1992-1995 and has also served as the Ambassador-at-Large for the Republic of Togo and Angola.
5. He was also once the Consul for Benin Republic and once made the Economic Advisor to the Angolan Government in 1982 and was also a long-time adviser to President José Eduardo dos Santos of Angola.
6. Fernandez is a Yoruba high chief and one of the most prominent members of the Ogboni Confraternity, and is highly revered in Yorubaland. His family motto is: Aguntan meji kii mumi ninu koto kan na, which translates as “There cannot be two captains on a ship”.
7. The late Chief Fernandez was once romantically linked with the Erelu of Lagos, Abiola Dosumu.
8. He has been in the diplomatic business since 1966. He has direct contacts to some of the most powerful world leaders, business executives and entrepreneurs. He was close to leaders like Nelson Mandela and George Walker Bush.
9. Fernandez was said to have been instrumental to the Bangui Agreements of 1997 and the Nkomati Accords signed in 1984 between Mozambique and South Africa.
10. Chief Fernandez made his money by working as a diplomat for other African nations, and he has no known business or investment in Nigeria, as he lived mostly outside the country during his life.
|Re: 10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by ayokunlei(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015|
|Re: 10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by MsRemarkable(f): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2015|
All I know is that he had plenri money!
|Re: 10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by kestolove95(f): 9:56am On Sep 02, 2015|
Holop nigger..just hoolop..
|Re: 10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by osaslord500(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2015|
Na Bleep up guy he be
|Re: 10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by mofayodeyahoo: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2015|
Yoruba?? Or Delta state
|Re: 10 Things To Know About Late Billionaire, Dehinde Fernandez by adellam16(f): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2015|
I have never heard of d guy
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43