Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? (9035 Views)

Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by agwom(m): 10:09am On Sep 02, 2015
The very thought of Hell is terrifying. Such a thought is an intense provoker for many to repent of their sins and revere the word of the Lord. However, others think little of Hell. For example, you may have heard someone say something like €how could a loving, kind, and merciful God send me to Hell?€ Such people who hold this view must be taught the truth of the matter before it is too late and they find themselves in the very place they once believed they would never experience.

The truth of the matter is found in the word of God, for Jesus Himself said to the Father €Thy word is truth€ (John 17:17), we know we can depend on God for a true answer. After all, it was God who created Hell as a place of eternal punishment (Matthew 25:41), thus He is the only divine source of knowledge about Hell and who will go there. Therefore, in response to the question €how could a loving God send me to Hell?€ God's word shows that God is loving, kind, and merciful, and He does not want to send anyone to Hell. Consider 2 Peter 3:9 €The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.€ This scripture clearly outlines God's feelings. He does not desire that anyone go to Hell, instead He wants all to come to repentance of their sins. But the question now arises, what if someone does not repent of their sins?
Romans 2:1-16 should be deeply considered by all who have questions about who will go to Hell and why God would send them. The text explains that God is rich with goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, and that it is these characteristics of God that leads one to repentance (verse 4). For an example of this, consider John 3:16, €For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.€ God is so good and loving to us that He gave us the perfect means by which we can escape Hell. Therefore the problem of people going to Hell does not rest on God, but on man. If you look back at Romans 2:5 it says €in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath.€ The blame is on the individual with the hardened heart, who is unwilling to repent of their sins and allow God to forgive them at baptism. The fault is their own because the loving, kind, and merciful God is there to save them from Hell, but they refuse Him.
For those who struggle to see how the LORD is merciful even when sending someone to Hell, I plead with you to meditate on Psalm 62:12, which says: €Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy; For You render to each one according to his work.€ This text shows that God truly is merciful while He either rewards or punishes an individual according to the way they lived their life. And this He will do again when the final Day of Judgment commences: €For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.€ Matthew 16:27.

Ezekiel 18:29-32 perfectly incorporates the truths of our present discussion: "Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair? Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways," says the Lord GOD. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!€
€The judgment of God is according to truth€ Romans 2:2. On the Day of Judgment, God will judge €according to truth€ and not according to a lie. The lie is that God will not send a sinner to Hell. The truth is much different, for €when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power€ 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2015
He will not dear, it is fictional.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:
He will not dear, it is fictional.

So how do we know its fictional?
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2015
Hell does not exist , it is a myth birthed in the minds of religious freaks.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Owongtok(m): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2015
No hell with burning fire.God's no pervert or sadist.Fiction.

4 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Owongtok(m): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2015
No hell with burning fire.God's no pervert or sadist.Fiction. So says the respected Pope Francis.And I side him completely on this.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Anything that you can't see, measure, and or prove either logically or empirically is as good as it doesn't exist. The worst of it is that it is not plausible. Where will you start laying hypothesis of hell.

Where did you want me to gather evidence to start disproving hell and also how do you intend proving the reality of it since there is no iota of anything to lay hand on. Zero. Therefore it is irrelevant.

Mind you, am not asserting absolute certainty. That's where science surpassed faith. Faith thrives in absolutism without evidence and prove while science deals with skepticism even in the face of mountains of evidence.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

Anything that you can't see, measure, and or prove either logically or empirically is as good as it doesn't exist. The worst of it is that it is not plausible. Where will you start laying hypothesis of hell.

Where did you want me to gather evidence to start disproving hell and also how do you intend proving the reality of it since there is no iota of anything to lay hand on. Zero. Therefore it is irrelevant.

Mind you, am not asserting absolute certainty. That's where science surpassed faith. Faith thrives in absolutism without evidence and prove while science deals with skepticism even in the face of mountains of evidence.

Well if you say it like that,

Many years ago, scientists didn't have the technology to detect dark matter but that didn't mean dark matter was non-existent all this while. So how do we know we have not yet created a technology that will one day detect something that will lay hold on evidences of the supernatural?

All this claims are just assumptions. Before Christopher Columbus sailed the world, the world was accepted by all that it was flat. Before the first airplane people said it was impossible to fly. And the list goes on....

If you think we've reached the peak of scientific findings, then you are greatly mistaken.

Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2015
frosbel2:
Hell does not exist , it is a myth birthed in the minds of religious freaks.

Don't be deceived. So many who are Christians today turned to Christ after witnessing the reality and horrors of hell when they were still living in their sins. Religion played no part in their conversion. They saw the truth which they could never deny even if they wanted to lie to themselves. It was more than enough for them to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well if you say it like that,

Many years ago, scientists didn't have the technology to detect dark matter but that didn't mean dark matter was non-existent all this while. So how do we know we have not yet created a technology that will one day detect something that will lay hold on evidences of the supernatural?

Dark matter is a plausible thesis and also under physical realm. The history of dark matter, from when it was first observed in the 1930s by Fritz Zwickyin was dismissed because of no empirical evidence to back it up but not that it is not plausible.

My problem is not that supernatural may or may not exist. My concern is taking the idea of supernatural to the extreme and also assuming logical absolute to it as a reality. Why not stop believing and wait until the time science prove it so that you will have good reasons and justifcations to believing such. You don't just presume the illusion of something that seemed extra-ordinary as a justification for holding an idea as absolute true without the possibility of it being false.

All this claims are just assumptions. Before Christopher Columbus sailed the world, the world was accepted by all that it was flat. Before the first airplane people said it was impossible to fly. And the list goes on....

That's the beauty of science, science is always open to changing their mind as soon as new evidence continue pouring in. Reasons being that we are human prone to errors and bias to some certain degree. Faith is i know it because i know it and still know it that god is real. Absolutism don't make a headway to science.
We are the only intelligence responsive matter in this planet, we discovering new things everyday, we ought to make sure that we separate facts from fantasies to the best our human capability.

If you think we've reached the peak of scientific findings, then you are greatly mistaken.

Just saying

Sorry, i never said so and still my comments don't justify or point to such ideology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

Dark matter is a plausible thesis and also under physical realm. The history of dark matter, from when it was first observed in the 1930s by Fritz Zwickyin was dismissed before of no empirical evidence to back it up but not that it is not plausible.

My problem is not that supernatural may or may not exist. My concern is taking the idea of supernatural to the extreme and also assuming logical absolute to it as a reality. Why not stop believing and wait until the time science prove it so that you will have good reasons and justifcations to believing such. You don't just presume the illusion of something that seemed extra-ordinary as a justification for holding an idea as absolute true without the possibility of it to being false.

That's the beauty of science, science is always open to changing their mind as soon as new evidence continue pouring in. Reasons being that we are human prone to errors and bias to some certain degree. Faith is i know and i know it and still know it that supernatural is real. Absolutism don't make a headway to science.
We are the only intelligence responsive matter in this planet, we discovering new things everyday, we ought to make sure that we separate facts and fantasies to the best our human capability.

Sorry, i never said so and still my comments don't justify or point to such ideology.

Well those of us that have experienced the supernatural don't have to wait for science. That is why we believe in it even without the scientific proofs you are looking for.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well those of us that have experienced the supernatural don't have to wait for science. That is why we believe in it even without the scientific proofs you are looking for.

Both of us are stocked in this planet earth as apes of same specie. How come you are witnessing something supernatural and am not. Maybe you do witness extra-ordinary and complex waw stuffs that human brain are incapable of solving (sometimes solved but you doubt it cos of your presuppositions) , then you decided to nickname yours as supernatural or known unknowns. It is a confirmation bias. Because i don't know anything about X therefore Y must be the answer.

Bro, this is the reasons why men for millennia have created pretty many imagery gods and fantasies they hold as fact and true.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

Both of us are stocked in this planet earth as apes of same specie. How come you are witnessing something supernatural and am not. Maybe you do witness extra-ordinary and complex waw stuffs that human brain are incapable of solving (sometimes solve but you doubt it cos of your presuppositions) , then you decided to nickname yours as supernatural or know unknowns. It is a confirmation bias. Because i don't know anything about X therefore Y must be the answer.

Bro, this is the reasons why men for millennia have created pretty many imagery gods and fantasies they hold as fact and true.

That is why all humans are in search for the ultimate Truth.

And Jesus came and said He has the Truth. If you understood the Truth I am talking about, then you would know why some of you feel you've not encountered the supernatural while others claim to have.

2 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Scholar8200(m): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
Because the Loving God gave us a right of choice and being a God of Justice will not deny us our choice and its consequence! Is that against love? Not when that love has done all things possible to warn us.(and as a principle, He forces none thus each is responsible for his choices and we cannot change that)

As for hell,

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:43-47

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And Jesus came and said He has the Truth. If you understood the Truth I am talking about, then you would know why some of you feel you've not encountered the supernatural while others claim to have.

grin

Look at your comment again
Have you find one, show us, you will start commiting all sorts of logical fallacies.
The bible said this or that, i had so so dreams, i witness so so, i had so so experience, i applied faith to believing so so. All these are not Pathways to truth.

But as an educated person presumably you are, how will you ever take those things as a proof for believing something instead of evidence and prove. How can a god that want all of us to accept his exist choose those ways i listed above as a method of passing such important message against evidence and prove.

As far as i can tell, there is nothing like ultimate Truth as far as we are still human with many limitations.

You said I've not encountered supernatural, you encountered it but are not capable of saying anything about how it is, its mode of carrying out its activities and many more.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

grin

Look at your comment again
Have you find one, show us, you will start commiting all sorts of logical fallacies.
The bible said this or that, i had so so dreams, i witness so so, i had so so experience, i applied faith to believing so so. All these are not Pathway to truth.

But as an education person presumably you are, how will you ever take those things as a proof for believing something instead of evidence and prove. How can a god that want all of us to accept his exist choose those ways i listed above as a method of passing such important message against evidence and prove.

As far as i can tell, there is nothing like ultimate Truth as far as we are still human with many limitations.

You said I've not encountered supernatural, you encountered it but are not capable of saying anything about how it is, its mode of carring out its activities and many more.

And how do you know there is nothing like ultimate Truth? Why are we then trying to find out how the universe came about if there is no knowledge of truth about it?

Now we have different theories, but which is the right one?

We all are headed towards a direction which is perfection. How can we achieve that without the truth. Without the right balance of knowledge?

Why is it some countries economy are much more developed and sound than the others? Why is it some know how to profit in business than the others? What is it they have found that they are applying?

They have to have a particular "Truth" to make those things work don't they?

So that others have encountered the supernatural and you've not does not mean it doesn't exist.

Like someone said "science is way too young where where religion stands"

3 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And how do you know there is nothing like ultimate Truth? Why are we then trying to find out how the universe came about if there is no knowledge of truth about it?

Now we have different theories, but which is the right one?

We all are headed towards a direction which is perfection. How can we achieve that without the truth. Without the right balance of knowledge?

Why is it some countries economy are much more developed and sound than the others? Why is it some know how to profit in business than the others? What is it they have found that they are applying?

They have to have a particular "Truth" to make those things work don't they?

So that others have encountered the supernatural and you've not does not mean it doesn't exist.

Like someone said "science is way too young where where religion stands"

Do you actually understand the meaning of ultimate purpose and truth. It is same logical absolute i told you about.

We are human with limitations like the power to explore the farthest stars, we are limited in our thinking abilities, we are still developing technologies and discovering new things and many other stuffs.

We don't know whether we are in matrix. But as human, we can only assume anything in accordance with reality we witness. Not asserting claims that is directly in opposition to the realities we witness .

Bro flex your faith , am not in a position to tell you not to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So how do we know it's not fictional?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
nobilis:

So how do we know it's not fictional?

I never said if it was or not.

I want to know how people come about it being fictional. After all there are people who say its not fictional.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Don't be deceived. So many who are Christians today turned to Christ after witnessing the reality and horrors of hell when they were still living in their sins. Religion played no part in their conversion. They saw the truth which they could never deny even if they wanted to lie to themselves. It was more than enough for them to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.

Anybody who tells you that he/she went to hell/heaven and came back needs to have a psychiatric evaluation.
All those are substances of hallucinations.

Little wonder our psychiatric hospitals are populated with people whose ailments have deep roots in religion.

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
Why do we have canes in schools and in other centers of formation?
You don't even need to flog anyone. All u need to do is to let the kids know that they will be flogged if they flout rules and u will see them fall in line.

The same way, religion invented a system of punishment so horrible and unimaginable that people who might even want to go against its tenets just hold themselves back because of the fear of punishment.

Many people are religious today just because of the fear of hell. Nothing more. Nothing less. Remove the doctrine of punishment in hell fire from religious teachings and watch the whole system crumble like a pack of cards.

The bible says God's love is unconditional.
Then it also says he punishes people who reject his love.
Isn't that oxymoronic in itself.

When u have truly understood the meaning of unconditional love, then u will understand that either the bible is lying or that the bible writers were deceived.

5 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by CaptainJune: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
nobilis:

Anybody who tells he/she went to hell/heaven and came back needs to have a psychiatric evaluation.
All those are substances of hallucinations.

Little wonder our psychiatric hospitals are populated with people whose ailments have deep roots in religion.

Nobilis, can you tell me why millions of people from every tribe, background, nation, all over the world, old men, old women, young men, young women, boys and girls and little children in their very great numbers, past and present, are all suffering the same hallucination of what is written in the Bible?

While you are at it, tell me why the Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Greeks who worship Zeus are not under this spell of hallucination stemming from their religious beliefs.

Any scientific explanation?

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I never said if it was or not.

I want to know how people come about it being fictional. After all there are people who say its not fictional.

Good. So you've agreed that u don't know whether it is fictional or not.
Excellent.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
nobilis:

Good. So you've agreed that u don't know whether it is fictional or not.
Excellent.

Mr. nobilis

Stop trying so hard to make me agree with you.

That's not what we are discussing here. I placed myself on a neutral ground. All I want is your own explanation of the question at hand. I know what I beleive, now tell me what you beleive and why you beleive in what you beleive.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
CaptainJune:

Nobilis, can you tell me why millions of people from every tribe, background, nation, all over the world, old men, old women, young men, young women, boys and girls and little children in their very great numbers, past and present, are all suffering the same hallucination of what is written in the Bible?

While you are at it, tell me why the Muslims, Buddhists, Hinduists, and Greeks who worship Zeus are not under this spell of hallucination stemming from their religious beliefs.

Any scientific explanation?

Oh!
Millions of people are now having visions about hell?
Well, it will do you no good to under-rate the power of the human mind.

When you tell someone about something, describe it how u want him to visualize it, the person can dream about it and see "visions" about it. That's how mighty the human mind is. Study hypnosis and you will understand.

Those people seeing visions of hell will come and tell you how they saw different personalities in hell.
And u believe.
How can that be true when even your bible says that hell isn't populated as yet.
So evidently, u're believing something contrary to your bible's teachings.

Buddhists, Hindus, and Greeks do not have a doctrine of a hell where people are punished for their misdeeds by burning in everlasting fire.
It is only in the Abrahamic religions (especially Christianity) that u find such a belief.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by urheme: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

All these bear bear talk.
Truth, truth, truth blaa bla bla.

We need general truth and not sectoral ones, mankind need to be harmonized, faith has being over classified, if you don't purge your self of sentiments and discrimination, you lack any iota of truth.

You religious folks are being influenced by your various faith, there is no truth in religion, is believe or out.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Mr. nobilis

Stop trying so hard to make me agree with you.

That's not what we are discussing here. I placed myself on a neutral ground. All I want is your own explanation of the question at hand. I know what I beleive, now tell me what you beleive and why you beleive in what you beleive.

How can u say you're on a neutral ground when you already have what u believe?

You are not on neutral ground, bro.
U already have a belief, like u said.
So stop contradicting yourself.

PS: I don't need you to agree with me.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
nobilis:

How can u say you're on a neutral ground when you already have what u believe?

You are not on neutral ground, bro.
U already have a belief, like u said.
So stop contradicting yourself.

PS: I don't need you to agree with me.

Well, the question was never addressed to you in the first place.

I have to go now.
Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Humans are not in search for any truth.
The only thing humans are searching for is the ultimate meaning of their existence on earth.

Religion originated with man. And not God.
Man started seeing things he couldn't understand.
Seeing patterns that he couldn't explain and he attributed it to supernatural beings.

Why do you think religion is failing in developed countries?
This is because those things which man couldn't previously explain and were attributed to supernatural beings are now being explained.
It is as simple as that.

3 Likes

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by urheme: 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
menesheh:

Both of us are stocked in this planet earth as apes of same specie. How come you are witnessing something supernatural and am not. Maybe you do witness extra-ordinary and complex waw stuffs that human brain are incapable of solving (sometimes solved but you doubt it cos of your presuppositions) , then you decided to nickname yours as supernatural or know unknowns. It is a confirmation bias. Because i don't know anything about X therefore Y must be the answer.

Who be this guy, your signature sha grin

You see that they lied when they said the gods must be crazy,

People like jeromejnr and captainjune are responsible for their madness, i have been trying to tell them not to create crazy gods that will give us problems. They said the crazier the god the better.
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by nobilis: 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well, the question was never addressed to you in the first place.

I have to go now.

Lol. Where are you running to?

If the question wasn't meant for me, why didn't you address the question to the person it was meant for in private?

You're looking for means to evade defending your belief

1 Like

Re: How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? by menesheh(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
urheme:

Who be this guy, your signature sha grin

You see that they lied when they said the gods must be crazy,

People like jeromejnr and captainjune are responsible for their madness, i have been trying to tell them not to create crazy gods that will give us problems. They said the crazier the god the better.
grin

Am a godless ape who are seriously asking for evidence for the stuffs people believed absolutely without even a single shroud of reason to.

Don,t mind those staunched and dogged fellows despite that i love their persistence.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans / Is The Jehovah's Witness Organisation Christian? / Are All Sins Equal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.