Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! (670 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole Celebrates His 65th Birthday With His Wife Iara (Photos) / Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Governor Adams Oshiomhole Jogging In The Morning (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by amebofamily: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration may have come and gone, but one of its foot-soldiers and a kinsman, former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe, is currently engaged in a battle with Edo State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, over the performance of the immediate past government. Patrick Ochoga writes

The stage is obviously set for a former President Gooduck Jonathan’s kinsmen, Elder Godsday Orubube, who is a former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs and the Edo State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, in an epic battle to undo each other as the former drew the first blood when he described the former Labour leader as a “villa sycophant who is willing to switch allegiance to any government in power”.

Orubube, aside being the immediate minister in charge of the Niger Delta Affairs, was the Deputy Director General in the 2015 Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organisation. He however, gained global recognition, though in the negative way, in his failed attempt to stall the vote counting and announcement of the 2015 presidential results won by President Muhammadu Buhari, of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Orubebe, since Jonathan’s loss had stayed away from media view following the condemnation that trailed his attempt to stop the then Prof Attahiru Jega-led Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, from announcing President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory but he is back in the news again when he launched a verbal attack on the Edo state governor a few days ago for attacking former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The ex-minister had threatened to expose what he described as Oshiomhole’s ‘can of worms’ should he continue to rubbish Jonathan’s administration. Both of them have however, been at each other’s throat over this issue.

It was gathered that the ex-minister’s bellyache may not be unconnected with Adams Oshiomhole’s earth shaking revelation of an alleged fraud said to have been perpetrated by the immediate past administration of Jonathan, coupled with his persistent call for putting on trial some of the key cabinet members of the erstwhile President who may have plunged the nation’s economy.

Oshiomhole is the head of the federal government probe panel set up by Buhari with the mandate to investigate revenues accrued to the federation account and how it was spent under the watch of the former president.

Other governors on the panel include Governors Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe State; Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), and Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State. The former minister who also described Oshiomhole’s action as disrespective to Jonathan advised the president to watch out for the likes of the Edo state governor, who according to him, will choke Buhari with acclamations in a bid to have an inroad and access to dip their hands into the nation’s cake.

Orubebe, who also accused Oshiomhole of being a problem and major sycophant under the immediate past administration as the Chief Adviser on Economic and Labour matters and particularly on subsidy removal to Jonathan, regretted that ‘Human memory is short’, emphasising that ‘it’s unfortunate that Oshiomhole who should talk like a governor is today, biting the fingers (Jonathan) that fed him and seems to have forgotten in a hurry that he once cried around the former president for assistance and recognition.

However, Oshiomhole, who is saddled with the national assignment shuttles between Edo and Abuja, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Peter Okhiria, described Orubebe’s outburst as not unconnected with the planned probe of several billions of naira allegedly squandered on the East-West road and on the Amnesty programme under the of the former Minister of the Niger Delta Affairs, adding that this is the basis for his latest in the media attack adding that the incompetence of people like Orubebe contributed to the dismal failure of the administration of former president Goodluck Jonathan.

According to Oshiomhole “We are not surprised at the timing of Orubebe’s latest outburst. It is no doubt unconnected with the planned probe by President Muhammadu Buhari of the billions of naira allocated to the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, even as the East-West road remains in bad shape and the probe of the fleecing of amnesty funds under his watch”.

As the verbal war between the two deepens, the ex-minister in response to Oshiomhole in an earlier publication that Orubebe deserved to be in jail was met with a vow to expose the governor’s misdeed to the Nigerian people.

Orubebe who described the governor’s insinuation as laughable, maintained that the Edo governor had failed to address the issue of sycophancy which he accused him of.

“I am proud to have been a vital instrument used by God to take the once abandoned East- West Road project to an admirable 80 per cent level completion. It is unfortunate that our respected Niger Delta could produce the likes of Oshiomhole who is a garage boy that should be at the motor park.” Threatening to expose Oshiomhole more, Orubebe, said “I will disgrace him publicly and tell the world about his dubious deeds as governor as well as his role in the botched Third Term Bid of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

I am going to open his can of worms to the point that Nigerians will stone him if seen on the streets. I don’t talk carelessly as I have my facts to prove my points.”

Orubube while defending his tenure in office dismissed allegation of embezzlement of billions of naira and posited: “I am not afraid of probe, I’m a man of integrity under whose watch the abandoned 42 bridges and 1,040 culverts that were initially without design were upgraded to the level it is today.”

“Every reasonable Niger Deltan and Nigerians at large knows that I am the admired face of the East West Road, I can stand tall, anywhere and anytime to defend my administration as well as account for every dime that was allocated for the several projects we embarked upon. “My co-ministers and every other person who was a member of the Federal Executive Council under former President Jonathan’s watch can attest to the fact that I was a vessel par excellence, who had contributed towards moving the nation forward”.

As the raging verbal war continues, Oshiomhole in a tensed press statement in Benin thundered “reading Godsday Orubebe’s infantile outburst saying the Comrade Governor of Edo State is a “garage boy”(sic) easily exposes the boondocks orientation and lowly mind of someone who almost plunged the country into political anarchy in the last general elections. It easily underscores one of the reasons why the Jonathan-led administration failed abysmally to understand the nexus between promise and performance, between problems and solutions, and above all between prosperity and poverty.

“Orubebe is no more than a common tout and political thug, too illiterate to know the difference between a “garage” and a “motor park”, recruited by his paymasters as Deputy Director-General of the 2015 Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organisation, and agent provocateur to truncate the last election. But for the maturity and sound leadership orientation of Professor Atahiru Jega, Nigeria would still have been reeking in utter anarchy and political protestations.

“With such indecorous conduct coming from a man who ostensibly is an “Elder’ of a Church, calls to question the whole essence of his character, personality, upbringing and spirituality. That singular conduct of his at the elections is a living symphony of his egregious blunder, absurdities, incongruities and oddities, all of which are attributes of touts always desirous to make their voices heard.

Apparently responding to Orubebe’s comment that he (Oshiomhole) was a regular caller at the presidential villa to curry favour from former president

Jonathan explained that his visits as the governor of Edo state was to engage and discuss critical issues affecting the state.

MORE NEWS AT: http://www.amebofamily.com/2015/09/governor-adams-oshiomhole-orubebe-in.html

Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by Imortal001: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2015
Ok, so orubebe still have mouth to talk.. orubebe should go and hide his face in shame.
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by collinsVP: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2015
They are on their own, until they start shoot out.

Over feeding things.
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2015
Y
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by boujaye: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2015
oshomo do u know Iara will soon disown you if you don't find a cure to your mouth diarrhea?
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by kestolove95(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Orubebe hoolop just hoolop or I call jega for u
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by Trailblazer1(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
they are birds of a feather, they should be allowed to flock together
oshiomole, here is your match. grin grin grin

kindly leave okonjo
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by xertyy: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by freshness2020: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Oshioma cum Diarrhea.
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by respect80(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
How can they say elder orubebe ignited the qualms when it was oshio who opened his gutt... ers to say Nigerians will stone GEJ if they truly know the extent of damage his administration has caused.
As if we don't know who he is.

Or they think say we don forget
Mtcheeeew
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bowler hat wearing loud mouth
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by chrixus(m): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Don't understand why someone like orubabe would still be talking in public after that free show he put up the other day... If he be my pale I for don poison am#
Re: Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Orubebe In War Of Words Again!! by bugzbunny: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nobdy should exchange words with Osho right nw..
Dude is lik a chick on heat no thanks to Lara soft..

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Football To Launch Green Cards...(photo) -dailystar.com / OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School / [PHOTOS] Warri-based Billionaire, Ayiri Emami, Visits Majek Fashek At Abuja Reha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.