Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Quality Vs Price - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Quality Vs Price (529 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quality Vs Price by chris81964(m): 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
I wrote a piece on LinkedIn titled quality vs price.

People always look at price first but in the long run that cheap item costs you three times more.

Happy reading.

Quality Vs Price; which matters more?

Thirteen years ago, I purchased a Mercedes Benz ML320. At the time it was a combination of the need to impress my clients and a flight to quality. I would still be driving the car today if not for an accident that forced the insurance company to declare it a total loss. It had about 250,000 miles on the odometer. It never left me stranded and outside of routine service it had no problems. I have been driving around in a 2007 Chevy Cobalt and the build quality is poor, the ownership experience is lacking and as an appliance it is not really that good. There are constant service and repair issues that need to be addressed. Trim pieces fall off every month, the steering rack might need to be replaced and the check engine light has a mind of it own.

We compete in a Nigerian solar market where no real standards have been established. Customers have yet to develop a strong brand following. In the Inverter market, you have brands manufactured by Chinese and Indian companies. The Europeans have yet to establish a foothold in the Nigerian market. The Chinese and Indian inverters hold a price advantage that appeals to most Nigerians. They can participate in solar or back up power at a fraction of the established market costs. The downside is equipment that does not perform. The chargers are grossly inadequate, they don't have enough cooling and the power and surge ratings on some are bogus.

The effect of poor quality inverters are:

Premature replacement of batteries
Inverters that trip when an inductive load is added to them.
Inverters that over heat, fail or catch on fire.
You saved money up front but you are buying expensive batteries every year and you risk burning down your house. Spend the money upfront. A good quality should have good cooling ability, a strong charger (60 amps+) ,very good surge ratings and a good warranty and support.

Spend the money upfront and get years of reliable trouble free from your inverters

https://www./quality-vs-price-which-matters-more-christopher-onwuasoanya

(1) (Reply)

To Let : Exquisite 2 Bedroom Flat In Cannan Estate Ajah After LBS / 2025sqm Corner Plot Land With Consent @ Oniru Estate For Sale 08170271511 / Why Is Olx Rejecting The Item I Want To Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.