Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece (850 Views)

Marriage Here! Marriage There! Here Is A Piece Of My Mind / 15 Motivational Thoughts To Keep You Calm On Stressful Days / These Motivational Quotes Will Increase your Daily Work Productivity by 20% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by AMBIVERT(f): 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
[size=14pt]

Have You ever found yourself feeling “intimidated” in the presence of another? A total stranger, friend or even family member? Do the possessions, success of this “other” make you feel sad, shameful and uneasy about Yourself?

I don’t know about you but I know the above quite well. The sense of unease, sadness and even shame. I know them well and perhaps You do too?  In a world where worth is considered everywhere but within, this feeling of inadequacy runs rampant and bears fruit in very nasty ways. Most commonly it takes the form of pressure to “acquire and become”. In other cases it is a “scapegoating” of those we “see” as triggering these feelings of lack within us and we lash out at them. All of these are done in an attempt to “feel” better about ourselves but in my experience, temporary relief is the best they can provide and the core issue remains unhealed.

I am of the opinion that this sense of inadequacy and lack upon which many world systems and businesses are built is due to a misdirection i.e. A perception of “self” as something found without and not within. I believe that every individual is a unique expression of wholeness and completeness and it is a lack of awareness of this that breeds a sense of lack, inadequacy and worthlessness. We are not made to live lives underneath the captions “Inadequate” “Incomplete” and “Less than”. No. You are whole. You are complete not because You have “attained”, “become” or “acquired” but because You are You. The car Your neighbor drives, the jobs they have, their personal success does not remove the slightest bit from Your person (or add to theirs). Possessions ,positions, processions are incapable of making or unmaking You.

So tell me dear reader. Where is “lack” when You are complete and whole? Where is “inadequacy” when You are enough? Where are “the gaps” when You have none? Where is “shame” when the past does not own or define You? Where is “unease” when Your life is glorious? Where is “falling short” when Your life is wholly Yours and You are all You need to be?

Be free.‎

https://wordsmithf./2015/08/31/no-gaps-in-you/
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by ladyF(f): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Interesting....
Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by AMBIVERT(f): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
ladyF:
Interesting....

You mean you finished reading the write-up in one minute?
Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by Chidoks(f): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
wow!
well, the society or the world systems seems to be the chief cause of complex issues and sense of unworthiness in people.
if only most folks can ignore such perceptions and focus on their inner beauties, abilities and capabilities...
a wise man once talked about the 'you' in 'you'

1 Like

Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by bukatyne(f): 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
@OP:

Biko increase the size of your font na so we can read.
Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by dsquare33: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Good write up, I think a percentage of Nigerians are guilty of this, everybody wants to keep up with the Joneses and that is why a lot of people are into crimes like 'runs',frauds armed robbery all in the bid to be 'I wanna be' which is also as result of low self esteem and they are not to be blamed because the soceity will live in worship money.Until we begin to see that we are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator would we live our lives uniquely. Being YOU brings out your creativity and is the best form of contentment and bliss that you can ever wish for, it also brings out the best in you.
Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by whitestar01(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
so on point but am not a victim incase u dnt no me this na through story
Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by AMBIVERT(f): 10:20am On Sep 03, 2015
bukatyne:
@OP:

Biko increase the size of your font na so we can read.

Done.
Re: You!.....Are Enough - A Motivational Piece by bukatyne(f): 10:21am On Sep 03, 2015
AMBIVERT:

Done.

Ok, thank you

Modified: Now I must read your OP

Chai!

The previous font is good o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Jeez, His Wife Just Died. A Lesson For All To Learn From. / Lost A Son / 7 Facts Why Women Are Insecure!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.