Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. (3416 Views)

Opinion:which Uni.has The Best Brainy Students In Nig? / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) / 15 Pictures That Will Make Sense To Anyone Who Attended FUTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Intelligence is the ability to respond adaptively to new situations, to think abstractly and and to comprehend complex ideas.

An intelligent test(IQ test) is a standardized test designed to measure human intelligence as distinct from attainments.

Common sense on the other hand is simply making wise choices, we all have got common sense, but we just do not always use it. Common sense judgement is based on things that are of common knowledge, universer truth and established facts.

This thread is purely for the purpose of testing our efficiency as individuals in solving riddles and also how we react to a situation that requires just common sense.

I will be updating a(1) question on riddles and also a(1) question on situations which requires common sense. i.e two questions per day(update).
The the solution to the questions will be posted after 10 comments, before another update.

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by MsRemarkable(f): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
Present! (following)
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
1. Riddle
2. Common sense

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by SUGARBEE(f): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
grin following..

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Note: the pictures above are the two questions. The first one is a Riddle which all you have to do is think and post the answer to the ? Marks.
The second one is more or less a situation in which requires common sense to deduce the answer. The right answer to the situation should also be posted.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
31 26
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
For the second one... Maybe it ain't her dog
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
I need more attempts before posting the real answers and give kudos to the person that them correct.

Were are the guys lol u guys better show up o.

Mods pls for wider audience push this thread to front page. It's highly educative.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by destino24(m): 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
for common sense, the girl's dog might be at home, just not the one at the bar.

26 on y-axis and 31 on x-axis. I can't explain how I arrived at it, but it just seems to be the only logical answer based on observing a perceived pattern
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
More answers before I drop the final answer.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
I want to used this opportunity to commend miss Melish for the questions correctly at the right time. Watch out for the next round.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Episode 2.
1 Riddle
2 common sense

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
44 & yes - - - - - - : a grandmother+her daughter(also a mother) +her grand daughter

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by destino24(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2015
riddle = 24 + 13 + 7=44 common sense = granny, granny's daughter and granny's grand daughter.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:38am On Sep 03, 2015
Good morning guys, Still waiting for more answers before posting the real answer
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2015
You guys are really brainy.
Watch out for the next update.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2015
Episode 3.
1 Riddle
2 common sense

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by destino24(m): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2015
common sense=lions without food for years(dead lions)
riddle=15
I arrived at the answer using algebra although I think there is a simple method, I just couldn't figure it out.

From the circles around the figures,
Assuming light circles to be x
heavy circles to be y
and dotted circles to be z

from the above, the following equations could be deduced.

y+3z=23 (1)
3y+z=13 (2)
2x+y+z=17 (3)

main equation x+2y+z=?

from equation (1)
y=23-3z
substitute into equation (2)
3(23-3z)+z=13
solving it, z=7

substituting z=7 into equation (1)
y+3(7)=23
solving it, y=2

substituting the values of y and z into equation (3)
2x+2+7=17
solving it, x=4

substituting the values of x, y and z into the main equation
4+2(2)+7=15

I stand to be corrected!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by anelta(f): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2015
Answer to riddle is 15 Common sense: he should go for the room filled with assassins with loaded guns

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
anelta:
Answer to riddle is 15
Common sense: he should go for the room filled with assassins with loaded guns

Hmmm as for the common sense answer, any reason for going with the room filled with assassins?
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
More answers before I post the real answer.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by APRIDE(m): 4:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
Your first numerical text: A = 8, D = 7, C = 5 and B = 8. Adding them up gives you the answers.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by anelta(f): 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
GodswillAJudins:

Hmmm as for the common sense answer, any reason for going with the room filled with assassins?

No room for survival in the room of raging fire, i don't think he can survive in the room filled wif hungry lions except he has the strength of Samson. The murderer has to suffer a slow and painful in the above options but he has to die fast when shot by the assassins and can as well fight against them using karate,kunfu,etc(probability of surviving is higher)
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by destino24(m): 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
anelta:

No room for survival in the room of raging fire, i don't think he can survive in the room filled wif hungry lions except he has the strength of Samson. The murderer has to suffer a slow and painful in the above options but he has to die fast when shot by the assassins and can as well fight against them using karate,kunfu,etc(probability of surviving is higher)

hungry lions won't be alive if they've not eaten for years
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
anelta:

My question in the case of the Lions, can dey survive after so many years without food.
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
anelta:

My question in the case of the Lions, can dey survive after so many years without food?
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by anelta(f): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
destino24:

hungry lions won't be alive if they've not eaten for years
True...didn't notice the "years"
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by anelta(f): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
GodswillAJudins:

My question in the case of the Lions, can dey survive after so many years without food?
No...just noticed the "years"
Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
Episode 4 1 Riddle 2 common sense

Re: Nairaland Riddles And Common Sense Test For The Brainy. by anelta(f): 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Riddle: 74.

CS: since I'm the pilot then the pilot's name is my name

(1) (Reply)

Cultural And Creative Art / Lecturer Sets Question Using Names Of Characters From a Cartoon; Naruto(photo) / Are You On 2go? Drop Your Username.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.