Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

My 20 Years Anniversary Will Be The Biggest Concert - Sani Danja Tells BBCHAUSA - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My 20 Years Anniversary Will Be The Biggest Concert - Sani Danja Tells BBCHAUSA (1447 Views)

10 Fela Songs That Are Still Relevant In 2017, 20 Years After His Death / Sani Danja – Beautiful (VIDEO) / Sani Danja - Beautiful (prod. Kenny Wonder) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My 20 Years Anniversary Will Be The Biggest Concert - Sani Danja Tells BBCHAUSA by 247tops(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Over the weekend, one of Nigeria's finest entertainer Sani Danja was interviewed on "TABAKIDI TABA KARATU" a programme on BBCHAUSA radio. You can recall this isn't the first time the multiple award winning Actor/Singer has been interviewed on International Networks. Read the transcript of the exclusive and exciting interview below while we anticipate for his album "Jack Of All Trade" and his "20th Anniversary on Stage" set to hold sometime in October.

BBCHAUSA: Your new song(As E Dey Do Me) has caused lots of discussion on twitter and other social media. What is the magic behind it?

Sani Danja: Although this isn't the first time my song has been making waves on social media, but this song is probably one of my songs that has gained huge acceptance from the public within short time of it's release. It has also been enjoying massive airplay across TV/Radio stations, clubs, etc. I didn't expect it go blow this far.

BBCHAUSA: This song is different from the other tracks you have released because it's almost English, have you dumped the Hausa pattern of Music for the Western style?

Sani Danja: Not really. Like these type of Nigerian songs i have been releasing of recent if you listen carefully, i blend Hausa and English together and sometimes even Yoruba, this is because i want to widen my fanbase all over the world not just the North or Nigeria.

BBCHAUSA: One of the accusations that has been on the head of musicians of this generation is that you the musicians spoil the culture and tradition of the people. For example, most of your songs and even your clothing outfit sometimes doesn't showcase the lifestyle of a Northern. How do you describe yourself, are you a Hausa Singer or what?

Sani Danja: Clothing and Hausa are two different things. For instance if an Igbo musician dresses in a northern attire for a music video, you wouldn't say he is doing Hausa music and vice versa. So if you are doing Hausa style of Music you can wear whatever kind of clothes you want, what is important is the use of the language. You also have to understand that fashion and generation works hand in hand. There are some types of clothes you wear for instance, most people especially the guys won't be motivated to watch the video. Among the songs that i have done in English like the first collabo i did with Terry G, we wore the Traditional Hausa Robe with a Cap and it will interest you to know that he has never wore that kind of clothes in his life before.

BBCHAUSA: Apart from clothes, there are other things in your songs that doesn't represent the lifestyle of a Northern. What reasons do you have for doing them?

Sani Danja: I don't really know the other things you are talking about but i know all my songs have different messages and talks about issues relating to life, marriage, haters, advice, etc. And also if you want to shoot a music video, you have to make it in a way that people will love it, in doing that your message will be heard.

BBCHAUSA: There is a recent collabo you did with Sani Dan Indo, how did you come up with the song?

Sani Danja: I am the kind of musician that loves to work with legends of the past and i also listen to the songs of Mamman Shata and many others and sometimes i get inspirations from their works and try to infuse them into the modern kind of music. Dan Indo has been one of my favorite musician since i was a child and we finally met and i told him about my intentions to work with him and he agreed and the rest is history.

BBCHAUSA: Why did you decide to infuse the past and the present style of music together?

Sani Danja: I think is necessary for people of my generation who don't listen to old school to start listening to them and also to the attention of the older generation. Laughs.

BBCHAUSA: There are rumours that the celebration of your 20 years anniversary on stage will be held in Kano and also that this new song has been removed from the album you are about to launch, is it true?

Sani Danja: I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere, this anniversary/launch is the celebration of my 20 years on stage. The first launch will take place at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos, then England, Ghana, Niger. After the launch tour in these countries, i will finally return to Kano and also all the recent singles i have released are included on the album. This launch is not just about my music, it's also about what i have achieved in 20 years including my NGOs ( SANI DANJA FOUNDATION FOR GOOD LEADERSHIP and CENTRE FOR YOUTHS EMPOWERMENT AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT)

BBCHAUSA: Has your foundation provided jobs for the youths since it's inception?

Sani Danja: Yes. What is we do regularly is to provide capital for those who want to go into business and also enroll them into special training programmes. We also organise seminars with the intention to discourage juvenile delinquency and encourage them that no matter how old you are you can still go to school. We also campaign for peace for instance there was a time we visited Jos when there was unrest. We also use our Movies and songs to send messages to the public and also money that is collected from the shows we organize we also send to refugees in and outside Nigeria.

BBCHAUSA: Lets go back to the rumors of you removing some songs from your forthcoming album, does it mean you are aware that this your new song has nothing to do with the lifestyle of the North.

Sani Danja: Am not singing for Kano State or Nigeria alone, if am writing a song today, the song has to meet the standard of the world. For instance, if you will see an Igbo musician mixing up Yoruba language into their music and anywhere you go in Nigeria, their music is widely accepted, that is the trend i have in mind which will create a way for other Northern musicians.

BBCHAUSA: Recently we have seen Kannywood actors making waves in Nollywood. Have you been featured in any Nollywood film?

Sani Danja: Yes i have acted in many Nollywood movies.

BBCHAUSA: Does that mean you have also switched Kannywood for Nollywood?

Sani Danja: I feature in Nollywood movies whenever i have been given a role and i have also produced two (2) Nollywood movies. There are movies like "Dark Closet" that is set to be released this month and "Guys Must Be Crazy" sometime in November.

BBCHAUSA: Finally, what are your plans for the future?

Sani Danja: For i think my anniversary is what am concentrating on because this is going to be the biggest stage ever in Nigeria. I will be performing one (1) hour on stage with one hundred and fifty (150) dancers. I want to create a record with this event.

BBCHAUSA: Seems you want to be Michael Jackson.

Sani Danja: Laughs. I just want to create my own Sani Danja record.

Transcripted by SEETEAZAIN

DOWNLOAD INTERVIEW

http://247tops..com/2015/09/my-20-years-anniversary-will-be-biggest.html

Re: My 20 Years Anniversary Will Be The Biggest Concert - Sani Danja Tells BBCHAUSA by demmy0325(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Cover : Mirabel - Treat You Better ( Shawn Mendes) / Music: Wilsonee - Bless The Hands | www.notjustwarri.com.ng / [music] Bycityjamz Ft. Hakim, Arian Sweet, Quiries, Vicki Jazz, And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.