Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Another View On Buhari's Administrative Style - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another View On Buhari's Administrative Style (571 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / On Restructuring: Another View From Northern / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another View On Buhari's Administrative Style by mostyg(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
JUST GET THE JOB DONE
You set out to buy a used car. Your expectation is that the owner will allow for a test drive and an assessment of the vehicle you are about to buy. However, due to some inexplicable reasons, you were unable to check out the vehicle before purchase. Being your first car, you were not even bothered at all at the state of the engine seeing the glimmering metallic body and neat upholstery of the interior in addition to the well fitted front and rear lights as well as the alloy reams. Deep down in your heart, you are convinced that the engine must be in perfect condition with all the effort that have been put into taking care of the physical state of the car. After all, seeing is believing!
So you just cashed the cheque, pay for the car and in ecstasy drove away. Alas unknowingly, you have just bought a car with a faulty engine. The gravity of the engine fault became glaring when it was opened up by the mechanic. All of a sudden, you knew you have been scammed by the salesman. You are angry, annoyed at your stupidity in not checking the state of the engine.
You are distraught by your discovery. This was your first car and a type of car you have dreamed of for long, you have become emotionally entangled with it. Then the verdict from the mechanic, the engine could be fixed but it will take a while. It will take more money than you previously anticipated but worst of all it will take you some time before you can cruise round town in this dream automobile of yours as a car owner. In other words, you will still have to make do with the unreliable public transport for a while.
Your anger and temper were however moderated by the fact that your car is in the hand of the best available mechanic in town and that
if he promised he will fix the car, you can sleep on it. You then grudgingly draw another cheque, pay the mechanic and whistle away into the night with a smile on your face with the inner joy that, your car will be back within a time frame, then everyone in town will know you have arrived!
Does this story sound familiar? Yes but today, I am not talking about any used car. I am referring to our dear Nation Nigeria and the current management under PMB. The APC in the euphoria of an approaching electoral victory going by all permutations were busy preparing a grand arrival in the corridor of power. They thought they were taking over a nation that could be fixed in a jiffy. But they got the shock of their lives when they took over. The previous managers have wrecked the country without any remorse. The previous manager had hoped they will still come back but the people will have none of it.
Unfortunately for the new mangers, the people are in a hurry to have things changed for the better. So they are now in a panic. What do we tell these people who handed over the management of this vast estate called Nigeria to us, they queried? They have shouted themselves hoarse that the previous management had pilfered everything. They are shouting that they will need time to reverse the trend. Some believe some do not. What a dilemma indeed.
To the people I have these to say. If you had voted in this new management on the basis of quick fixes promised in the campaign, sorry you will be disappointed. If you voted for this team based on sentiments that your tribesmen will be appointed to serve in the new government, sorry you will be disappointed. If you had voted in this government on the basis that it is your turn to “eat”, using the Nigerian parlance, sorry you will be disappointed.
There is a new order in town. I want thinkers to arise and educate those still stuck in the past to wake up to the new reality. A quiet revolution, unprecedented in the history of Nigeria is unfolding right before us. Only keen observers will take note.
This is the first time that Non-professional politicians as we know in Nigeria are actually the dominant force in a Federal government Kitchen cabinet. I am excited that the President had tactically reclined from appointing any exposed politician to be among his immediate staff. Either you appreciate it or not, that signals the beginning of things to come. This tells me that I have a man who has an agenda and does not want that agenda diluted by unnecessary political considerations. This tells me that I have a competent mechanic fixing my country.
I am daily laughing at the mystery and gloom that pervade the courts of the professional politicians in the country. I am glad that God had answered my prayers. I am excited that the elites who had hunted Nigerians and plundered our patrimony for a very long time are having sleepless nights just as many hapless Nigerians have had in the past. I am excited that even the so-called power drunk elites are living in trepidations. Am I dreaming? Is this the Nigeria of the past? Thank God for these beautiful dreams indeed.
I don’t care who PMB choses to serve in his cabinet as long as the goodies are delivered. Just as I don’t care where or what the mechanic does to fix my car as long as it is fixed on time. I don’t care where the persons that will fix Nigeria comes from. I don’t want to know where they worship as long as the job is done. After four years only one man will take credit or condemnation for his actions and that is PMB. At the end of competition, the coach takes the blame if the team fails and takes the commendation if the team succeeds.
I look forward to taking out my refurbished car on a majestic drive soon. I look forward to getting back a Nigeria that I will be proud of. I voted to have Nigeria fixed. That remains my objective and my eyes are firmly glued to the goal.
Once more to those thinking about who or where the appointees are coming from sorry, you have more disappointments coming your ways.
To PMB, I entrust into your hands my country, Nigeria, go ahead and fix it, I don’t mind whichever or whatever team you assemble.
Just get the Job done.

Akinade Olatunji is a Lecturer at the Department of Geology, University of Ibadan

akinadeshadrach@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Another View On Buhari's Administrative Style by lafex: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Pls someone shld translate this story to English for me.
Re: Another View On Buhari's Administrative Style by Wizlove(m): 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
Rubbish!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

PDP Group Opposes Fayose On Party Chairmanship / Amaechi Reacts To ICPC Probe; Says They Have No Right To Probe Him / The Biggest Appointment So Far Has Gone To An Igbo Man - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.