Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection (784 Views)

PDP Settles For Atiku & Fayose As Presidential Candidate & VP Respectively - SR / Bayelsa APC In War With Dickson For Calling Jonathan A Waste Product / Richard Etonye Flees With Dickson's N1.84billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by ijustdey: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
There is a strong indication that the rift between former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, and Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Seriake Dickson,
may have ended.
It was learnt on Wednesday that Mrs. Jonathan had announced her decision to bury the hatchet with Dickson and directed all her loyalists in the state to work selflessly for the Peoples Democratic Party and the re-election of the incumbent in the forthcoming governorship election.

It was further learnt that the decision of the former First Lady to set aside her differences with the governor had led to a major boost in the second term bid of Dickson.
It was gathered from close aides of Patience that the decision to support the PDP and the second term bid of Dickson was to stop the All Progressive Congress from defeating the PDP in Bayelsa and therefore disgrace former President Goodluck Jonathan in his home state.
But other associates claimed that Patience’s decision to reconcile with Governor Dickson was based on the series of interventions by some Bayelsa elders, including the former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

Due to this change of mind, Patience was said to
have directed his followers and loyalists, including
former Special Adviser to the President on Domestic Matters, Dr. Waripamowei Dudafa.
Dudafa is also said to be at loggerheads with Dickson over his alleged anti-PDP activities and sponsorship of some candidates of the All Progressives Grand Alliance.
A close relative of Jonathan and former State
Commissioner for Special Duties (Federal Project),
Mike Ogiasa, confirmed processes that led to the
reconciliation between Dickson and Mrs. Jonathan.
He said, “The Jonathans are not known to me. As a close family member, I know her very well. She can suppress her anger against someone and do the right thing. As I am talking to you, I believe, as a typical PDP woman, she can never support another political party against the choice of the PDP.

“In politics, there is unity in diversity. People disagree to agree. It was not a hidden fact that Governor Dickson was at loggerheads with Dame Patience Jonathan. But it is also true that by human nature, she may not have supported Dickson. But she has weighed it and discovered that the election is beyond Dickson.
“And because she is from Bayelsa and Rivers States, she knows what it took the Rivers man to retain the PDP leadership. She cannot now because of anger allow Bayelsa to be under the APC.
“Though I don’t know who she is supporting but I
know that she can never vote the APC against the PDP. If anyone emerges above Dickson at the PDP primaries, she will support the person and if Dickson emerges as flag bearer, I am hundred percent sure she will support him.”

Ogiasa said the silence of the former President should not be termed to be anti-party posture against the PDP ahead of the forthcoming governorship primaries and election.
He added, “I don’t know how to read body language. But I know that it is not only a body language but a mouth language that the former President cannot support another party against the PDP. If you rely on body language to tell the thinking of Jonathan, you may misjudge him, but I know there is no way he would support APC to take over Bayelsa.”
Though he said he did not know who Jonathan was supporting, but definitely the PDP.
He said the former President knew the importance
of second term, stressing that on his part, if Jonathan was supporting Dickson for second term, there was nothing wrong with it.

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathan-settles-rift-with-dickson-backs-govs-relection/

lalasticlala
Re: Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by MikelEleta(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
This is good news cos it has been d bane of d party in d state. Intra party divisions re alwz worse dan inter party xo dx decision is highly welcome. Let dem join hands togeda. Forget wah d well oiled machinery nd propanganda of d APC says cos dt state is going to be for pdp regardless ofg who emerges as their flag bearer. D battle line has been drawn. Am rily looking forward to dt election
Re: Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Another heart attack to change agents..

#mamapeaceflexinglifesincemay

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by erunz(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Same way APC was Rejected in Rivers, the good people of Bayelsa will also reject them.
APC!!!!!!!!!!! Scam
Izon

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by Ugik(m): 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
it is always good to bury the hatchet for a greater good and thats what a real party loyalists. the body language talk really got me cracking. reminds me of someone shaa
Re: Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by chrisbaby24(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
Na wetin she suppose do....why dem dey call her mama PEACE...
Re: Patience Jonathan Settles Rift With Dickson, Backs Gov’s Relection by mykemiley(f): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
Oya haters ova 2 una....

(1) (Reply)

After 100 Days: NANS List Buhari's Achievements / Chief Of Army Staff Representative Discredits Rivers AP at the Tribunal / Army to Rivers tribunal: No Election in Four Local Govt Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.