Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,728 members, 7,831,313 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi (2080 Views)

Photos Of The 82 Released Chibok Girls Meeting With Abba Kyari & Others In Abuja / How Abba Kyari Exploits President Buhari's Poor Health / Jonathan Reacts To Segun Adeniyi's Book, 'Against The Run Of Play' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 5:06am On Sep 03, 2015
In a setting where you have Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), Mrs. Maryam Uwais, Mallam Abba Kyari, Dr. Eddie Iroh, Dr. Chidi Amuta, Bashorun Akin Osuntokun, Mrs. Uju Baba-Hassan, Mr. Waziri Adio, Dr. Okey Ikechukwu, Mr. Bashir Yusuf Ibrahim, Ms. Ekanem Etim-Offiong, Mr. Sonnie Ekwowusi, Mr. Tony Uranta, Mr. Bisi Ogunbadejo and Mrs. Eugenia Abu, you can only expect nothing but intellectual fireworks. And there always were. But there was also almost always tension--the kind that has to do with Nigeria’s delicate fault-lines.

However, that I managed to navigate so many difficult situations as chairman of the THISDAY editorial board, especially in 2011 and early 2012, was because I had a man like Mallam Abba Kyari not only as a moderating influence but also as my adviser and guardian angel. If the discussion of any issue (especially online) got heated and he sensed that some people were crossing the line, Kyari would either call or send me a personal mail on how he thought I should intervene. And his counsel always worked.

Incidentally, until the THISDAY editorial board brought us together, I only knew Kyari from a distance. But today we are almost like family members, given how closely we have interacted in the last four years. And he is a man who has inspired me a great deal just by the way he comports himself. Despite his rich academic, family and professional pedigrees, Kyari, who curiously maintains a leftist disposition to economic issues, lives an austere lifestyle that speaks volumes about his integrity.

A voracious reader and an articulate mind (a good number of the books in my study were bought for me by him), Kyari is most fitting for a job that requires, among others, making critical judgement calls and proffering options from which the President can choose in good and bad times. At this period when a presidential declaration that links appointments to the number of votes secured at the polls from specific areas is fast becoming, not a misspeak, but a Freudian Slip, Kyari is not only an asset to President Buhari, he is invaluable to Nigeria.

As I had cause to argue in the past while making a distinction between ethnicity which promotes harmony in diversity and ethnocentrism which hinders growth and development, equity in appointments and opportunities in a plural society such as ours is very important. Beyond giving emotional satisfaction and sense of belonging, equity is good for social capital, national cohesion and development. And to the extent that there are obvious gaps, to put it mildly, in the appointments made so far by President Buhari, he definitely needs around him at the Villa credible and fair-minded Nigerians. That is the value Abba Kyari brings as Chief of Staff to the President.

I wish him every success in his new assignment.

•• Culled from The Verdict by Segun Adeniyi of This day Newspaper

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-atmosphere-of-corruption/219186/

Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by makzeze: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2015
noted.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Perfect Fit

Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by Fleshly: 5:14am On Sep 03, 2015
Segun, it looks to me that you are looking for appointment.

Is that so?
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by courage89(m): 5:20am On Sep 03, 2015
This is nice. We need more credible people to come out and call into question the credibility, character and intellectual capacity of all these appointees.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 5:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Fleshly:
Segun, it looks to me that you are looking for appointment.

Is that so?

This very unfair to Segun. The young man spoke from the heart. This coming from Segun has reinforced my belief that the president indeed means well for this country.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 5:30am On Sep 03, 2015
courage89:
This is nice. We need more credible people to come out and call into question the credibility, character and intellectual capacity of all these appointees.

Seconded
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by bugzbunny: 5:51am On Sep 03, 2015
The first guy said they studied together
This one says the worked together
Just hoping the third wouldn't tell us they sl**t together grin
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by Aufbauh(m): 5:55am On Sep 03, 2015
This is the background information of appointees we the citizens should be getting from Patriots be it negative or positive so that we can know the competence or otherwise of who's serving us. Instead some self-serving politicians will choose to whip up sentiment on religion, region and ethnic consideration for their own selfish game. Only the gullibles and the bigots buy the products of parochianism over credibility.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 6:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Aufbauh:
This is the background information of appointees we the citizens should be getting from Patriots be it negative or positive so that we can know the competence or otherwise of who's serving us. Instead some self-serving politicians will choose to whip up sentiment on religion, region and ethnic consideration for their own selfish game. Only the gullibles and the bigots buy the products of parochianism over credibility.

Am telling you. This is the kind of things we need now not where the person comes from. The piece made my day. You can't imagine the joy I felt when I read this.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 6:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Front page plssssss
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by MrZachs(m): 6:16am On Sep 03, 2015
And latr some f***in ppl will lyk loopsidedness!
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by Ofunaofu: 6:16am On Sep 03, 2015
what more can i say, because these are articles one sees when round pecks are put in round holes
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by lincolnj88: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2015
grin Mr segun and u believe fashola or onu cant bring more than that.... Typical of Yoruba apc ...ass licking
Meanwhile has omenka received his 5000 and demdem his free meal as promised by osunbande the commissioner grin
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 6:55am On Sep 03, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin Mr segun and u believe fashola or onu cant bring more than that.... Typical of Yoruba apc ...ass licking
Meanwhile has omenka received his 5000 and demdem his free meal as promised by osunbande the commissioner grin

Is that all you have to say after reading this wonderful piece.

1 Like

Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 7:00am On Sep 03, 2015
178 views and still counting with just few comments just because the piece is not divisive in nature. Wow...... What an irony?
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by hassan85(m): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2015
In a land where people are only interested in ethnicity and region, yet agree to remain unemployed, they don't give a damn about values and virtues brought to the table just tribal traits is wats clamoured for. we have a long way to go in this country. The level of educated illiterates in this country is just too high. passing through school but remains crude and unrefined.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by lincolnj88: 7:04am On Sep 03, 2015
kahal29:

Is that all you have to say after reading this wonderful piece.
Do u believe this man will outperform fashola or onu ...pls be sincere
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2015
I feel this piece should grace the FP. This is the kind of information(s) Nigerians should be fed. Fact not fiction not assumption . Noff said.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 7:53am On Sep 03, 2015
lincolnj88:

Yes I do. Fashola is very good and can be used in another area. The thing is about matching skills with abilities.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Front page plssssssss
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2015
Moderators pls do the needful
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by dekdek: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2015
Only some pathetic Ibos are having issues with this appointment. They have suddenly forgotten that when Jonah-daft was in charge, southern men held this posts throughout. Trying to satisfy this lot is like fetching water into a basket. One shouldnt even attempt it at all. its a lost cause from the beginning.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kokoA(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
lincolnj88:

Have you read his profile? He is the best man for the job.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by 2sex(m): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2015
lalasticlala, ishilove the lovely lady, do justice to this piece please.
Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2015
kokoA:
Have you read his profile? He is the best man for the job.

I would prefer to see fashola being used in an area or a paticular sector of the economy where we could measure his achievements for example the Power sector or Works which I think will challenge his abilities and even end up bringing out the best in him than being tied up in a particular office where no one will hear of him. I need to see him in a place where he would be in a hurry to impress and sale his name and brand cos the name fashola itself is a brand which means "Performance".

1 Like

Re: The Value Abba Kyari [President Chief Of Staff] Brings -- By Segun Adeniyi by kahal29: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2015
2sex:
lalasticlala, ishilove the lovely lady, do justice to this piece please.

Help me tell them abeg!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How I Survived Road Accident, By Obasanjo / Official Result From Kogi Polls / OBJ Fights Back: Unleashes His Internet Warriors Against PMB.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.