Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? (9305 Views)

Oshiomhole: I Can't Visit My Village Because Jonathan Destroyed The Road To It / Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Mugabe Still Angry At Nigeria Over Sahara TV Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

You're not making much sense, you just from Biafran war to BH to ACF all with different timelines. Calm down son.
Mr tribalism kills. that thing u are happy is happening to ur neighbor can happen to u tomorrow, d difference wud be how the both of u reacted to it.
just one armed robber with a knife is robbing ur neighbor and he or she is shouting for help instead of u to go and help u turn a deaf ear and start sipping tea maybe ur neighbor saw u outside dat was y he called for ur help but u ignored him, don't be surprised that another time if dat robber comes and yr neighbor is armed with weapons and guards if u shout for his own help too instead of him to use his gun to save u he wud donate it to armed robbers or throw it away.
nobody knows tomorrow.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by wexyee: 8:57am On Sep 03, 2015
zendy:

Let me explain this way. Ghana is one of the largest countries in West Africa, in terms of population, with 28 million people and recently had a new president. The Igbos are a tribe of over 40 million people. Now as an Igbo man, I am wondering why I have to go through a Yoruba or Hausa man before I elect my leader? Because we are 'one Nigeria'? Who made us one? Lord Lugard the British thief? I think the loss of GEJ was a stark reminder that Igbo sovereignty is being stolen in the name of Nigeria. How can people still be dictating to a tribe of over 40 million people who their president will be? As an Igbo man I am angry, but not because GEJ lost, but because I know that I should not be in the same country with Yorubas and Hausas still dragging who will be my president

lol. 40 million? U re not more than 20 miLlion

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 03, 2015
pentiumpro my love... its been a while.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by fulanimafia: 9:03am On Sep 03, 2015
lygn19:

Mr tribalism kills. that thing u are happy is happening to ur neighbor can happen to u tomorrow, d difference wud be how the both of u reacted to it.
just one armed robber with a knife is robbing ur neighbor and he or she is shouting for help instead of u to go and help u turn a deaf ear and start sipping tea maybe ur neighbor saw u outside dat was y he called for ur help but u ignored him, don't be surprised that another time if dat robber comes and yr neighbor is armed with weapons and guards if u shout for his own help too instead of him to use his gun to save u he wud donate it to armed robbers or throw it away.
nobody knows tomorrow.

Interesting, so all the chest beating has been reduced to nobody knows tomorrow. Sai Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2015
lygn19:

nobody knows tomorrow.

I'm not happy at anyone's misfortune. I'm just satisfied that Ibos are reaping all the hatred they sowed for Buhari. QED.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

Interesting.
I warned my people over der Blind support for Gej.
And der manner of attacks towards Buhari but I was branded a yoruba man.
But no matter what am still igbo, not only dat Buhari is president of Nigeria, we all want his government to suceed and d best for Nigeria, but if he thinks he is der to revenge people who wronged him, sorry for him.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:
Election they say is a game of numbers. Alliances are needed to win any election in Nigeria. It is nobody's birthright to be voted any person or group. SW,NW,NC,NE, decided to vote for Buhari while SE and SS devided to vote for Jonathan, all these based on personal convictions.
While everybody seemed to have moved on, the Igbos are still angry with everybody that decided not to vote for Jonathan. Can somebody explain why?

Stupidity is a talent.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

Interesting, so all the chest beating has been reduced to nobody knows tomorrow. Sai Buhari.
fulanimafia I thought u shud know me by now am not a tribalist neither am I a chest beater.
If because ur brother is now in power and u brand me one no problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Jman06(m): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2015
lygn19:
anybody has noticed dat most of d igbo politicians who supported Buhari has turned mute over night.
They came up first with lines like igboz shud be patient when Buhari made his first 15 appointments d lines changed to it doesnt matter where d person comes from as far as he or she delivers, Buhari made another 10 and they just kept mute and dissappeared...funny
Don't mind the infidels. Prior to the election we warned them. I personally was drumming it into their ears both online and offline that Buhari is a pathological tribal bigot.
They joined forces with the APC liars to deceive some gullible igbos, hence the low turn out of voters.This is why I now hate the 1diot called mbaka with passion. BTW, has anybody heard anything about ngige recently He must be hiding his face in shame somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by 2sex(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:
1. Their political infancy and myopia was exposed to the people they like to imagine they are superior to once again

2. The young destitute almajiri they insult have rendered them and their entire political class irrelevant, immaterial and expendable in Nigerian politics.

3. It exposed their hateful and bigoted nature when it comes to politics which has now made other tribes detest them, and hampers their chances of a much needed alliance which could make an Ibo President possible. Now that dream is all but completely destroyed.

4. The Yoruba again have been proven to be the most political sophisticated in the south once again through their alliance with the North which has blessed them with a VP, Speaker, Majority Leader, FIRS Chairman, Service Chief, Presidential spokesman etc. among many other political benefits like belonging to the ruling party which could favour them with regards to development....while the Ibos have nothing...

If na you, you no go vex? grin
cheesy you wicked o. I am igbo but can't stop laughing. I am glad that all this battles on nairaland between Igbos and Yorubas ENDS here. If not, I doubt you and I would have the energy to even type now but would be running for shelter.

Isn't it wonderful what is obtainable online?-- a wide difference between online and offline!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2015
lygn19:

I warned my people over der Blind support for Gej.
And der manner of attacks towards Buhari but I was branded a yoruba man.
But no matter what am still igbo, not only dat Buhari is president of Nigeria, we all want his government to suceed and d best for Nigeria, but if he thinks he is der to revenge people who wronged him, sorry for him.

You possess an uncommon streak which I give high regard. Don't lose it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by fulanimafia: 9:24am On Sep 03, 2015
lygn19:

fulanimafia I thought u shud know me by now am not a tribalist neither am I a chest beater.
If because ur brother is now in power and u brand me one no problem.

Not a tribalist? We first met when you were attacking the North remember? However you have some rare objective qualities which I esteem so please keep it up and continue enlightening the lost ones.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Chiaka(f): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Good! Jonathan making headline everyday by hater!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Chiaka(f): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2015
Rubbish!
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Chiaka:
Good!

Chiaka:
Rubbish!

grin grin
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by hinwazaka: 9:32am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:
Election they say is a game of numbers. Alliances are needed to win any election in Nigeria. It is nobody's birthright to be voted any person or group. SW,NW,NC,NE, decided to vote for Buhari while SE and SS devided to vote for Jonathan, all these based on personal convictions.
While everybody seemed to have moved on, the Igbos are still angry with everybody that decided not to vote for Jonathan. Can somebody explain why?
And why is the OP still adamant on forcing his beliefs and wishes on the minds of citizens of eastern Nigeria
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by carboblanko(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2015
GabrielSuswam:
I have lots of ijaw friends who don't feel bad about Jonathan's exit....

The Igbos are so emotional and politically immature
Spot on. The SE really needs to grow up politically.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by LieDetector(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2015
PentiumPro:
While it's no doubt that they are adept in commerce, they are opposite of that in politics.
Now they are shouting Biafra because they believed either rightly or wrongly that the political competition in Nigeria is too stiff for them, so they will rather want to align with small and minorities groups in the south ( where they can always call the shots) to form their own country.
first time in history pentiumpro finished a sentence devoid of any abusive word/phrase. You deserve a golden medal but hey. You've got one more task. Stay out of any thread that can lead to ethnic e-war. Perhaps your pussi would be pounded real nice by a good guy irrespective of his ethnic affiliation. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by truefact: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Are you not the same people crying for the same quota system and federal character to be applied to appointments? Are you confused or just being hypocritical?
I said over and over, you lots a diabolical dunce, are you using merit now? Are those people appointed the best in Nigeria today? Are those people holding appointment the most qualified? Is tour illiterate jihadist best qualified to rule Nigeria? Please tell me the qualifications of those running nigeria now...

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by CSTR2: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:
[b]1. Their political infancy and myopia was exposed to the people they like to imagine they are superior to once again.

2. The young destitute almajiri they always insult has rendered them and their entire political class irrelevant, immaterial and expendable in Nigerian politics.

3. It exposed their hateful and bigoted nature when it comes to politics which has now made other tribes detest them, and hampers their chances of a much needed alliance which could make an Ibo President possible. Now that dream is all but completely destroyed.

4. The SS have been able to show political maturity despite their sons defeat, and are now more politically relevant than the Ibos especially after clinching the second highest number of appointments including the NNPC GMD, Service Chief, CBN Governor etc. and cornering the first major project of Buhari's administration, the Ogoni clean up. All after using the Ibos who are still bitter despite not gaining any projects under GEJ.

5. The Yoruba again have been proven to be the most political sophisticated in the south once again through their alliance with the North which has blessed them with a VP, Speaker, Majority Leader, FIRS Chairman, Service Chief, Presidential spokesman etc. among many other political benefits like belonging to the ruling party which could favour them with regards to development....while the Ibos have nothing...

If na you, you no go vex? grin[/b]
There is no big deal about playing both sides like the SW has done.
Anybody can do it. There is nothing sophisticated about it.
Heck the SW have always been the opposition in the Nigerian politics of the past 16 years.
The fact that they just got a bit of a relevance in this sham govt is nothing special.
If the igbos want to return the SW back to opposition, it wouldn't be difficult.
All they just need to do is kiss some northern ass, reduce the vehemency of the biafra agenda and the status quo is restored.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Chiaka(f): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

grin grin

You know serious which time I post Good! grin
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by CSTR2: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2015
The only reason why the SW is looking like a political gladiator of recent is because the SE has left a vacuum.
These incessant provocations will ensure a reaction from the east very soon, even if it means swallowing our vomit.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 9:58am On Sep 03, 2015
CSTR2:
There is no big deal about playing both sides like the SW has done.
Anybody can do it. There is nothing sophisticated about it.
Heck the SW have always been the opposition in the Nigerian politics of the past 16 years.
The fact that they just got a bit of a relevance in this sham govt is nothing special.
If the igbos want to return the SW back to opposition, it wouldn't be difficult.
All they just need to do is kiss some northern ass, reduce the vehemency of the biafra agenda and the status quo is restored.

Really? OBJ doesn't think so, the SW dominated the first half of this republic so far.

As for the North, the antics of the SE in the last elections will discourage any party from fielding an Igbo candidate because northerners will simply abandon the party for any party that presents a North/SW/SS collabo. This is the sentiment on the ground. The only person that might be able to break the jinx could be Rochas who is well loved and even has a chieftancy title from my place in the North. Unless of course true reconciliatory efforts are made.

So as it is, Yorubas remain the masters of southern politics.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2015
ademoladeji:
They're sore losers
Including you!
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2015
eleko1:
sad everything Nah biz for dem.And of cus,there's no Avenue to loot the treasury blind like dey do in Jona govt.CC:Ayim pius,Madueke,Okonjo etc.Dey have Gehazi's Spirit
Fashola and tinubu are bigger looters.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by CSTR2: 10:08am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Really? OBJ doesn't think so, the SW dominated the first half of this republic so far.

As for the North, the antics of the SE in the last elections will discourage any party from fielding an Igbo candidate because northerners will simply abandon the party for any party that presents a North/SW/SS collabo. This is the sentiment on the ground. The only person that might be able to break the jinx could be Rochas who is well loved and even has a chieftancy title from my place in the North.
Obj was not a southwestern candidate.
He won without their votes. He was a thorn to tinubu and most ACN stalwarts till today.
And yes, his govt was dominated by the east.
The east may not have produced a presidential candidates, but the various administartions have been dominated by igbo technocrats.
As for the north, they know where they bread is most buttered all through the decades. They see tinubu as an over-reaching fool and they just tolerate him for the sake of their interest and the fact that he is more or less their only friend in the south .
The moment the north get a viable option in the south, they would dump tinubu like a hot potato.
The saraki/ekweremadu emergence is a proof of that.
Who in his right mind will go for the SW bloc, when you can get the SE/SS and the perks that come with it..

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by CSTR2: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2015
The moment the SE begins the politics of dishonour, betrayal and dog eat dog, that is the end for the SW.
I hope it is sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by CSTR2: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2015
wexyee:
lol. 40 million? U re not more than 20 miLlion
This is a very stupidd statement given the fact that igbos are the most dispersed and still maintain the most densely populated homeland in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 10:19am On Sep 03, 2015
CSTR2:
Obj was not a southwestern candidate.
He won without their votes. He was a thorn to tinubu and most ACN stalwarts till today.
And yes, his govt was dominated by the east.
The east may not have produced a presidential candidates, but the various administartions have been dominated by igbo technocrats.
As for the north, they know where they bread is most buttered all through the decades. They see tinubu as an over-reaching fool and they just tolerate him for the sake of their interest and the fact that he is more or less their only friend in the south .
The moment the north get a viable option in the south, they would dump tinubu like a hot potato.
The saraki/ekweremadu emergence is a proof of that.
Who in his right mind will go for the SW bloc, when you can get the SE/SS and the perks that come with it..

You have a good argument, but not totally convincing. The truth is the PDP will most likely go for a NW/Akpabio option if you observe the trends. The latter seems an intelligent politician though his past ties to Patience Jonathan and her husband might do him in.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by CSTR2: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

You have a good argument, but not totally convincing. The truth is the PDP will most likely go for a NW/Akpabio option if you observe the trends. The latter seems an intelligent politician though his past ties to Patience Jonathan and her husband might do him in.
Forget the PDP.
The PDP will always regard the SS/SE as its stronghold in the south and it will reflect in their appointments.
The APC is what i am talking about.
The northern dominated APC will not hesitate to dump tinubu and all his southwestern lackeys if they can get the SE/SS.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Iykopee(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2015
No igbo man is angry that GEJ lost. They are only angry that Nigeria is not progressing in the right direction hence, dragging the igbo mans' progress backwards.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Ojiofor: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2015
OP did you open any thread to condenm hausa/fulanis who went on rampage killing people from other tribes including youth coppers in their region after buhari lost 2011 presidential election to GEJ?
No life was lost as a result of GeJ losing election in Igboland and there was no protest of any kind rather people have moved on with their lives and business.
I know you conniving backstabbing hypocrites will blame Igbos for eventual failure of buhari's administration.Evil schemers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kashamu To Distribute Rams, Motorcycles In Ogun / Okupe To Sagay: Reveal Running Cost Of Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Dogara, Others / N37 Billion Probe: Ex-Minister, Sadiya Umar-Farouq Gets EFCC’s 72-hour Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.