Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company (812 Views)

Advice On Setting Up New Blog / I Want To Integrate Ecommerce Into My Entertainment Blog. I Need Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by yemipedro(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2015
please I need advice, I was given a contract to develop a website for a small rising company, I am good with HTML especially HTML5, I'm still at an amateur level with PHP, and I know how to use third party website developing softwares (wordpress in particular ).
the challenge is that I have a window of about a month to get this up and running. if I decide to use WordPress, I finish it within this time convinently. my partner strongly suggests HTML5 coupled with python.
if we go by his way, we may loose time and the the website appearance might not be as fantastic as what we would have gotten if we used WordPress, and if we use WordPress, I'm aware of its disadvantages.

my problem now is I need advice which to use to get a very professional website and at the same time meet up with time, as well as having a fantastic website appearance.

I'm aware I can can edit the WordPress to suit me since I know about coding, and WordPress is an opensourced software
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by Donald3d(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2015
yemipedro:
please I need advice, I was given a contract to develop a website for a small rising company, I am good with HTML especially HTML5, I'm still at an amateur level with PHP, and I know how to use third party website developing softwares (wordpress in particular ).
the challenge is that I have a window of about a month to get this up and running. if I decide to use WordPress, I finish it within this time convinently. my partner strongly suggests HTML5 coupled with python.
if we go by his way, we may loose time and the the website appearance might not be as fantastic as what we would have gotten if we used WordPress, and if we use WordPress, I'm aware of its disadvantages.

my problem now is I need advice which to use to get a very professional website and at the same time meet up with time, as well as having a fantastic website appearance.

I'm aware I can can edit the WordPress to suit me since I know about coding, and WordPress is an opensourced software
What will be the various functions of the site ?
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by yawatide(f): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
My assumption:
You took this job knowing fully well that you didn't have the skill set to see it through.

If I am correct:
1) You should have been honest with the person upfront, having (hopefully) obtained the requirements first. I personally have gone through this before. Experience has taught me that the client will have more respect for you this way, than the other way around.

2) Why not employ someone who actually knows what they are doing? You might look at it as spending money but trust me, you will be saving money (and your reputation) in the long run

3) If the company is a "small rising company" as you've stated, I personally can't see how it will take 1 month to implement their site. It would be nice to see the requirements

4) Personally, I am concerned for the success of this project. If I were you I would man up, explain things to the client, apologize and return any deposits/full payments they may have made to you. Again, it's about your reputation. Forget the immediate gratification

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by j4sure(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
yemipedro:

1. What made u think wordpress can not do d job efficiently and you claim it just a small rising company?
2.what kind of website do you intend to create& what are the special features d site will av?

Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

BBM: 7B663F3A

www.africanwebservice.com
admin@africanwebservice.com

An expert in Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site Expert
Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
An expert in CCTV,CAR Tracker&Biometric Services
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by STALLONMABRO: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
i think wordpress will take care of this project of your perfectly well, i have executed big projects with wordpress talk more or this one you said belongs to a small rising company.

i suggest you use wordpress. if the functionality requires another platform them you have to use wordpress and the general portal and link to the required platform that you develop your exculsive features with, at least this will give the site a very beautiful, professional and nice feel and still achieving your features at the same time.

whatsapp me if you need help: +2348138559663
call me : +2347054353656
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
yemipedro:

I can assist on using bootstrap to create the desired quaility with simple html check www.mcccolors.com

contact me on whatsapp 09031114783
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by yemipedro(m): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
thank you very much
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by dwebdesign(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
yemipedro:

phython is used for special web apps, no need going the hard way if you don't know what to do. since you already have adequate of HTML5 and little of php, you can edit the templates on wordpress to suit the demands both in quality and functionalities being requested from you by the client. just improvise.

hope this helps.
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by bolkay47(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello bro, it depends on what qualities your client want the website to have.
You can even use blogger. Buy a business template and boom. It will look professional.
you just play around with the code and add your own features to it.
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2015
What are the functions of the website to start with?
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by xxiv(m): 2:59am On Sep 06, 2015
You said you're good with HTML5, I suppose bootstrap won't be much of a problem you should be up and going in two days. There are tons of sweet, totally sexy templates, both free and premium that you can easily use for your project and finish it in two, three days. Try http://themeforest.net/ for some really need templates and just google "free bootstrap HTML templates" for free ones.
Re: Help!! I Need Advice On How To Create A Website For A Company by PulseWeb: 4:42am On Sep 06, 2015
i swear after reading this i felt like flogging somebody

(1) (Reply)

Came Across A Vps For $0.01 Just Now. / How To Setup An Advert On A Joomla Website Using The Joomla Adagency Component / SMS marketing needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.