Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? (883 Views)

Fayose's Men Hide As EFCC Storms Ekiti / PLS Mynd44 , Don't Hunt My Topic This Year ,.... / biased Nairaland Mods- Why Has T0nyebarcanista Not Gotten A Ban? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by explorer250(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2015
These mods are turning into something else. They just hid my topic which was not tribal: The bigger picture of "NIGERIA AND BIAFRA"
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by DaBullIT(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
these days they are hiding everything

and even if seun is turning blind eye to all the complains of hundreds of people

if he chooses not to investigate the actions of these moderators

He risks loosing NL to disgruntled members who can actually hack the site
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by seedgreen(m): 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Inasmuch as the word 'Biafra' appears on the article, just bid it good bye
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by explorer250(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
seedgreen:
Inasmuch as the word 'Biafra' appears on the article, just bid it good bye

but the thread was not about biafran struggle.
The mod didnt read the thread he just saw the name and hid it
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by PentiumPro(f): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
You Biafrans are not getting the clear message. Anything BAIFRA is not permissible on Nairaland - a Forum for NIGERIANS and friends of NIGERIA..
You BAIFRANS are neither Nigerians or friends of NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by explorer250(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
PentiumPro:
You Biafrans are not getting the clear message. Anything BAIFRA is not permissible on Nairaland - a Forum for NIGERIANS and friends of NIGERIA..

freedom of speech and self determination is something beyond Nigerian government. It is international

3 Likes

Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by PentiumPro(f): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
explorer250:

freedom of speech and self determination is something beyond Nigerian government. It is international
Go and practice your freedom to write rubbish about Nigeria elsewhere, and not on a Nigerian forum.

1 Like

Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by PenSniper: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
PentiumPro:

Yes, thats true. They should go and establish their own forum to propagate their bearfraud project.
Nobody will begrudge them if they do but i dare say no sane person will visit the site.

1 Like

Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by seedgreen(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
explorer250:

but the thread was not about biafran struggle.
The mod didnt read the thread he just saw the name and hid it
they don't read, they r very good at deleting threads.
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
With the ICPC's declaration to attack bloggers everybody's taking precaution not to land on their watchlist. I mentioned it in the other thread that censorship would become tighter especially here on nairaland.
One day later and the complaints've already started rolling in.
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by laudate: 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
charix:
With the ICPC's declaration to attack bloggers everybody's taking precaution not to land on their watchlist. I mentioned it in the other thread that censorship would become tighter especially here on nairaland.
One day later and the complaints've already started rolling in.

This censorship started about a week ago. Rossike's articulate, well-balanced thread was the first casualty. And the censorship is selective. When people from different ethnic groups are trading insults and unprintable inflammatory epithets on various threads, the mods turn a blind eye. undecided

But when well-researched and articulate threads seeking to explain the underlying factors leading to ethnic tensions in the country are put up, the mods delete it without any notification or explanation. shocked shocked

This is beyond unfair! Maka gini??!! At least offer an explanation, or just edit the offensive sections if you must, but let it be available for viewing and cross-reference. undecided Even when Seun locks a thread, he gives an explanation. His mods are doing just the opposite. They do not lock the threads. They just make them disappear into oblivion. Are they aware of the time, effort, creativity and research that goes into creating some of these threads? A lot of these threads drive traffic to this site for Seun. shocked

So why on earth are respondents being treated like juveniles by Seun's mods??! angry
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
PentiumPro:
Shut the hell up old man!
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by PentiumPro(f): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Shut the hell up old man!
Oremekunu! Are you a Biafran now?
Confused eddiot grin
Re: Mods Why Did You Hide My Topic? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
laudate:
So why on earth are respondents being treated like juveniles by Seun's mods??! angry
Your answer lies here.

Sorry to hear well researched articles get hidden. I think it reflects on our educational system not imbibing in students the ability to fully comprehend written text. Most mods(most of them are within the age range of 18-24 so I'd call them children) see these type of articles, do not understand them maybe due to grammar used being past their comprehensive ability then choose to delete them out of spite. Its akin to semi-illiterates fighting in the street because they cannot hold a reasonable argument.

There's also the probability these articles contain nuances of hate speech which some of the mods take offence to. The people who moderate this site, despite being semi-illiterate are humans still. Rossike and his many monikers is a well known culprit of this - I'm yet to notice the well researched part of his articles you speak of.

All I want to know is why upon the fact most of my comments're helpful these idiots still delete some! Its very annoying angry.

1 Like

(1)

Akwa Ibom Govt House DSS Invasion: I Never Spoke To Premium Times, Ekerete Udoh / MASSOB Accuses Uwazurike Of Sabotage, Vows To Probe Him / Nigeria In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.