Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job (38498 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by SirLegal(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God. I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my fellow nlanders. It may be a lesson to us all.

I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes:

It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview. I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually...lol. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit. My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care.
By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside. Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me.

I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily. My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer. Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress.

After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill. He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off.

At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep. The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again.

I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy.

It's been two months now and i'm enjoying my work and the company.

THE END.

So my people that's it. Hope we learnt something from this experience.
Drop your thoughts.
FUTO....... I trust Futoites both her students, graduates and Alumni. They always (most) do good and show kindness.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by JbravoAdodger(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
FaIryTale!!!! U jus finish watching cinderella abi?? tongue

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Why does this kinda story always do with someone repairing a faulty car, na wa o! All this stereotyped stories sha, na wa o!

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by totalhouse(m): 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
sugarvallly:
food wey person go chop e no go ever pass am
na so o cofer shun....abi na ajuwaya...
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Even though its good to do good.

I don't believe the story.

Even just by looking at the way you narrated the story in what you called your "friends own words". Nobody talks like that with word of mouth. Except written for a blog or something.

That reason alone gave you away.

Why will you blivit!cos u don't help. It has also happened to me and it it was like a dream. This time a guy working for one of my madam tutorial center. A centre that my highest pay was, N15,000. He was stranded along cele express road in lagos and I picked him up with my father's car I borrowed for emergency situations. There was so much load on him that I wondered how he will get to the office. After we got to the office I never knew he was thinking of who to direct. To meet. Man who was looking for a private tutor ans so being that I helped him that day, he decided to hand me the job. Do u know that the man was a retired nnpc manager and he was able to pay me, 50,000 naira for his kid whom I taught 5 subjects abnormal for tutorial teacher. So don't disbelieve. God works in mysterious ways and try to help a stranger in anyway u cann.

Jesus lives.

2 Likes

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by hareskay(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
[waoh! mk I go dy look for jeep Wey don break down for my area help d owner fix m!

....mk e no sha go b gnld people jeep o!

see this bus Wey break down, mk I try fix m@pix[God go catch u make u go fix nonsense and the engine come knock..u don chop gbese then]
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by SpeedyConnect(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
If you believe this you can believe anything.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God. I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my fellow nlanders. It may be a lesson to us all.

I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes:

It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview. I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually...lol. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit. My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care.
By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside. Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me.

I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily. My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer. Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress.

After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill. He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off.

At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep. The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again.

I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy.

THE END.

Drop your thoughts.
I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE SIGNIFICANT OF THIS YOUR STORY BUT I GUESS IT IS TO ENTERTAIN OTHERS WHO IS DUMP INTELLECTUALLY TO INTERPRET THIS YOUR PYSEDO STORY
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Missmossy(f): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Aww this is really nice, it indeed pays to be good.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by nenergy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Inspiring! permission to share parts of it on my blog?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Jeromejnr(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
castro316:

Why will you blivit!cos u don't help. It has also happened to me and it it was like a dream. This time a guy working for one of my madam tutorial center. A centre that my highest pay was, N15,000. He was stranded along cele express road in lagos and I picked him up with my father's car I borrowed for emergency situations. There was so much load on him that I wondered how he will get to the office. After we got to the office I never knew he was thinking of who to direct. To meet. Man who was looking for a private tutor ans so being that I helped him that day, he decided to hand me the job. Do u know that the man was a retired nnpc manager and he was able to pay me, 50,000 naira for his kid whom I taught 5 subjects abnormal for tutorial teacher. So don't disbelieve. God works in mysterious ways and try to help a stranger in anyway u cann.

Jesus lives.

Of course I beleive God works wonders. No doubt about that. Its this particular story I don't believe.

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pls which car is lexus jeep?

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by LKO(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
It was a happy mood for me when I got the text message. At least my friends won’t get to say that evil forces are following me from the village. I had been a frustrated job hunter, no thanks to the Nigerian Government. After posting us to Zamfara for NYSC. Service year over, getting a job became a problem. I sleep and wake up on job portals. The one wey dey pain me pass be say, I don’t get pass second stage of the recruitment process of the job offers. It looked as something was wrong with my results, or maybe each time I apply, after CV submission, I would hear that they called others but they will not call me.
This particular job got me so happy when I saw the text message sent to me by the company I applied for as a financial officer and consultant. They invited me for an oral interview which I guess was the last stage of the recruitment. I heard from a reliable source that the company only wanted 4 people for the positions would be inviting only 5 people who made it to that stage for the interview. I saw the text on my phone. I read it again and again and again with excitement. It looked as if the evil forces had lifted off their strong hold on me. I made it to the 3rd stage which is the final stage of the interview which was scheduled to hold the next 3 days.
After reading the text message, I jumped off from my bed, brought out my Acube shoe I had been wearing for over 6 years (Poverty na disease, I never fit change the shoe since I buy am). The bottom of the shoe was fast wearing out while the body was gradually pilling. I don’t blame it. I have over used it and I swear, if the shoe was to come into this world again, he won’t allow someone like me to buy it. It would consider me a terrorist, that I tortured. The shoe sef dey beg me make I throway am. My first salary, once I collect it, I will buy a new show. I took it to the shoe maker in my street to further maybe damage or repair it while I ironed the clothe I would use for the interview.
The day of the interview came, no food at home. I woke up as early as 4am browsing online, getting to know about the company that would be interviewing me. I searched more information about them and some likely interview questions. I took my bath around 6:30am. one strange hunger begin catch me. I had only N200 on me which would take me to my destination. I didn’t want to spend it. But wetin I go come chop! I didn’t want what happened the last time to repeat itself. Where I went to Enugu for a recruitment exercise, I got stranded and hunger nearly killed me. I turned to a street beggar just to raise money to buy N150 food. My transportation back home was tedious. I had to follow a big Tipa that packs sand. They were moving from Enugu to Port harcort. I joined them for a free ride. We spent 8 hours on road just to get to Port Harcourt. A journey that supposed to take 2 hours.
I went to my neighbor and requested for a cup of garri and sugar. She graciously gave to me. After loading my stomach with garri, I dressed up, anointed my head. I prayed so well that day with a massive speaking in tongues. All I just needed was a favour from God.
I left my home in high spirit still blasting in tongues. The Taxi car I entered, if not for the way I dressed, the driver and other passengers would have pushed me out, thinking I had gone insane. As I got down to the junction leading to the company, my pastor called me on phone. I had called him earlier to tell him of the interview. So if he had been eating since that week, he should stop and start fasting and praying for me. Once I get that job, I will change his wardrobe so he won’t be wearing the same clothes every Sunday.
I picked up the phone and we talked. I asked if he was still fasting and praying for me. he said he is. He also prayed for me and told me to be nice to people I see. And he finally dropped the call.
As I moved into the entrance of the street of the company, I was approaching the gradually when I saw a woman struggling to start her car. The car developed some fault and a flat tyre. The car seems to me a brand new car. Very clean. Well I just ignored and walked je-jely on my own. Not until I heard “ helloooo, uncle please can you help me out.” I turned back, apparently she was talking to me. “Now when I don dey reach were I wan do my interview,” I thought to myself. But I thought about it for once. My pastor had advised me to do good this period of time. I should sow seeds in people’s lives. Thi might be a perfect opportunity. But another thought came into my mind. Telling me that I should just tell the human that I have an urgent interview to attend to.
I came closer to where the woman was, noticing really that she has a flat tyre in which she brought out another spare tyre to change. I opened my mouth wanting to tell her that I could have helped her but due to the urgent matter I have to attend to that morning, I can’t help. As I want to talk, something in me said that the woman may be one of the workers in the company I am going for an interview. She may even be part of the team to interview me. As the thought just came into my mind, I bought it. I began to reason it while I remembered some few stories of encounters of guys who said they were heading for an interview, they saw a man which his car had a flat tyre. They were patient enough to help out. Fortunately after helping, the man left while they took a cab to the place of the interview. On getting there, it happened that the man they helped was part of the share owners in the company and was part of the team to interview them. He just gave them a waver and automatic employment.
As I remembered the story and some other stories similar to it that I have read. I came closer again and told the woman that I had an urgent matter to attend to but would help out. Looking at the woman, she dressed so cooperate. I felt she would be working in the company I was going for the interview
Time was running and the instructions was that the interview will start by 8am. I was patient and helped the woman with her car, replaced the flat tyre with the spare one she had. The time was still running. After everything, the car started. She brought out water from her car and gave to me to wash my hands. She asked me where I was going, I told her the company and she didn’t say anything. She brought out a one bottle of bobo and N10 biscuit from her pulse and gave to me as if I was a kid. She said she bought it for her kid but she has to give it to me for the job well done. Chaiii, see insult. “You better collect it from her,” part of me said. Maybe she was testing me. I collected it from her and she drove off. I checked my time and it was 8:05am. Na so I begin run to the place. And the woman was even going towards that direction. She no even say make she carry me sef. I got there by 8:11 only to be told that the interview was over. I sat there frustrated with the bobo in my hand. I watched as the company staff walks in and out of the building. I was hoping and expecting to see the woman I helped, maybe she works there. Abi have I been scammed! Its in the Bible ooo. Help your neighbor in need. My own help don lead me into trouble. They said the interview was over. I tried begging and pleading, dem no even look my face. The woman that said she was coming to the place, I waited till 1pm and no trace of the woman. Na so I begin cry ooo. This beautiful job that I was hoping upon, I just lost it. Was it a crime to help again. I was only just a few minutes late na! it took the security to chase me out of the building.
I came to the company building every day for 3 days, hoping that I could find the woman I helped, maybe she works there and she can help me. But for were! The day I helped repair her car was the day I saw her last. Na so I begin swear for the woman oooo. She made me loosed my job. Infact, maybe she’s part of the people sent from hell to stop my progress. After everything I did for her, na only bobo and N10 biscuit she fit give me.
When I came to church on Sunday, I saw my pastor and the first thing he said to me was to remember my promise to him. I had earlier promised that when I get the job, I will testify in church and my first salary, I will divide it into two and give him one. Na that one dey him mind. Infact I even began suspecting him. Maybe he didn’t pray and fasted very well for me. I felt he was more interested in the money I wanted to give than the spiritual help he would render. Na so I just ignore the man. I even change church sef while I still keep on looking for the woman I repaired her car which cost me my job offer. But come to think of it, this is actually a lesson to me.

The above story was posted by a nairalander sometime ago. And now this one. Nice fiction anyway.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by nenergy(m): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
Menaha:

THE END.

Drop your thoughts.

Permission to share parts of it on my blog?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Of course I beleive God works wonders. No doubt about that. Its this particular story I don't believe.

It's hard how easy to fall into favor like that. That is God for you.
In my case I didn't bliv it was true untill I received my first pay shocked shocked. I used it buy this BlackBerry Q10 I am using to text this message to u now.

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Jeromejnr(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
castro316:

It's hard how easy to fall into favor like that. That is God for you.
In my case I didn't bliv it was true untill I received my first pay shocked shocked. I used it buy this BlackBerry Q10 I am using to text this message to u now.

So you used your first salary to buy BB shocked
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Missonas(f): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
jazinogold:
waoh! mk I go dy look for jeep Wey don break down for my area help d owner fix m!
see this bus Wey break down, mk I try fix m@pix

Kai nairalanders una no go kill person grin grin grin Repair am use am do township transit before d dream job land u hear

1 Like

Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So you used your first salary to buy BB shocked

That is not my first salary. Read my text well I was teaching in my madams place before I met the guy. Do u know what I did to my first salary?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Jeromejnr(m): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
castro316:

That is not my first salary. Read my text well I was teaching in my madams place before I met the guy. Do u know what I did to my first salary?

Okay.

I am sure you gave all of it to God.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Okay.

My first month I maade N4,200 after teaching for free for most of the time, though small and in the midst of trying times, I divided it into two and gave N N2,100 to God. It did reach more than 48hrs before this one came.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by goldenceo1: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Gud script. keep writing mayb one day a gud movie producer will spot ur talent.
After walking for 20 mins to d interview n u said d company it's not far from ur house, mayb u need to walk from warri to pti junction before u know ur house it's very far from the company.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by castro316: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Okay.

It wasn't easy but I closed my eyes and did it.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by udysweet(f): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
This got me
jazinogold:
waoh! mk I go dy look for jeep Wey don break down for my area help d owner fix m!

see this bus Wey break down, mk I try fix m@pix
Lmao! Got me laffing o. @gnld pple jeep
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Jeromejnr(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
castro316:

My first month I maade N4,200 after teaching for free for most of the time, though small and in the midst of trying times, I divided it into two and gave N N2,100 to God. It did reach more than 48hrs before this one came.

cool cool.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by loomer: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
Briee:

true but u say u no go enter Nl again na, watin u dey do here?

Who u be o?
I been leave na
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Kazrem(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
There are many lessons to learn from this even though it sounds frictional.
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by cheerokee(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by wtfCode: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
for 2 days, i was banned 4rm commenting. Why would someone do that to me?
I almost opened a new acct.

To dem jingo mods here,if u wanna ban me next time, u should first tell me what i did wrong b4 being chauvinistic on me!!
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by jazinogold(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
udysweet:
This got me
Lmao! Got me laffing o. @gnld pple jeep
that one na if dem get jeep sef grin
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by jazinogold(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Missonas:

Kai nairalanders una no go kill person grin grin grin Repair am use am do township transit before d dream job land u hear

nice idea,@least he go reduce d unemployment statistics! but who e don help?
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
Pls which car is lexus jeep?
I tire ooo! Abi Lexus and Jeep don do strategic alliance like Sony Ericsson? Smh..Nigerians will never stop making this silly mistake. It is 'SUV' not 'jeep'!!!!
Re: How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
loomer:
Not all good deeds get rewards
......... Just do it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / Elites Community Initiative (corps) Of Nigeria (ECI) / Apply For KPMG Graduate Trainee Programme 2022/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.