Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Bayelsa Election: Patience Jonathan Makes U-turn, Roots For Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Patience Jonathan Makes U-turn, Roots For Dickson (539 Views)

Jonathan Makes ‘last Minute’ Cancellation Of Aso Rock Trip / Fayose & Wike In Bayelsa For Dickson's Inauguration (Photos) / Bayelsa Women Spread Wrapper For Dickson To Walk On (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Election: Patience Jonathan Makes U-turn, Roots For Dickson by GovDickson2016: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
There are strong indications that wife of former president Jonathan, Dame Patience, may have mended fences with Governor Seriake Dickson ahead of the Bayelsa State governorship election scheduled for December.
Jonathan’s wife and the governor were at logger heads for a long time, giving rise to speculations she was supporting the former senior special assistant to Jonathan on domestic affairs, Dr Waripamowei Dudafa, to challenge Dickson at the poll.
Our correspondent has learnt however that Mrs Jonathan has lately directed all her loyalists in the state to work selflessly for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the re-election bid of the incumbent governor.
It was gathered that the decision to set aside her differences with Dickson was based on the need to stop the All Progressives Congress (APC) from taking over power in Bayelsa state from the PDP.
However, sources close to the PDP claimed that Mrs Jonathan’s decision to reconcile with Dickson was based on the series of interventions from some Bayelsa elders, including the former governor Chief D.S.P Alameiseigha.
A close relative of Jonathan and former state commissioner for special duties (federal project), Engr. Mike Ogiasa, who confirmed this development said: “As a close family member, I known her (Patience) very well. She can suppress her anger against someone and do the right thing. As I am talking to you, I believe, as a typical PDP woman, she can never support another political party against the choice of the PDP.
“In politics, there is unity in diversity. People disagree to agree. It was not a hidden fact that governor Dickson was at loggerhead with Dame Patience Jonathan. But it is also true that, by human nature, she may not have supported Dickson. But she has weighed it and discovered that the election is beyond Dickson. And because she is from Bayelsa and Rivers states, she knows what it took the Rivers man to retain the PDP leadership. She cannot now because of anger allow Bayelsa to be under the APC.”
“Though I don’t know who she is supporting, but I know that she can never vote the APC against the PDP. If anyone emerges at the PDP primaries, she will support the person. And if Dickson emerges as flag bearer, I am hundred per cent sure she will support him.”
Re: Bayelsa Election: Patience Jonathan Makes U-turn, Roots For Dickson by kaelz(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
SOURCE or SAUCE Please!!
Re: Bayelsa Election: Patience Jonathan Makes U-turn, Roots For Dickson by donholy28(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
That one concern her.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Patience Jonathan Makes U-turn, Roots For Dickson by Starships4u(m): 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
U turn too de BAYELSA....

(1) (Reply)

What A Political Nonsense See Picture / Presidency: Boko Haram May Fall Before Deadline / Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.