Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out (1525 Views)

Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop / McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago / After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by MosakuAW(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me
to take another woman out to dinner and a
movie. She said, “I love you, but I know this
other woman loves you and would love to
spend some time with you.”

The other woman that my wife wanted me to
visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow
for 19 years, but the demands of my work and
my three children had made it possible to visit
her only occasionally. That night I called to
invite her to go out for dinner and a movie.

“What’s wrong, are you well?” she asked.
My mother is the type of woman who suspects
that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a
sign of bad news. “I thought that it would be
pleasant to spend some time with you,” I
responded. “Just the two of us.” She thought
about it for a moment, and then said, “I would
like that very much.”

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick
her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at
her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to
be nervous about our date. She waited in the
door with her coat on. She had curled her hair
and was wearing the dress that she had worn
to celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She
smiled from a face that was as radiant as an
angel’s. “I told my friends that I was going to
go out with my son, and they were impressed,
“she said, as she got into the car. “They can’t
wait to hear about our meeting.”

We went to a restaurant that, although not
elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother
took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After
we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes
could only read large print. Half way through
the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom
sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile
was on her lips. “It was I who used to have to
read the menu when you were small,” she said.

“Then it’s time that you relax and let me return
the favor,” I responded. During the dinner, we
had an agreeable conversation – nothing
extraordinary but catching up on recent events
of each other’s life. We talked so much that we
missed the movie. As we arrived at her house
later, she said, “I’ll go out with you again, but
only if you let me invite you.” I agreed.

“How was your dinner date?” asked my wife
when I got home. “Very nice. Much more so
than I could have imagined,” I answered.
A few days later, my mother died of a massive
heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I
didn’t have a chance to do anything for her.
Some time later, I received an envelope with a
copy of a restaurant receipt from the same
place mother and I had dined. An attached
note said: “I paid this bill in advance. I wasn’t
sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I
paid for two plates – one for you and the other
for your wife. You will never know what that
night meant for me. I love you, son.”

At that moment, I understood the importance
of saying in time: “I LOVE YOU” and to give our
loved ones the time that they deserve. Nothing
in life is more important than your family. Give
them the time they deserve, because these
things cannot be put off till “some other time

@lalasticlala

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by MISSNORA(f): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Speechless
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by haabimbohlar(f): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wow, thanks God you took her for a treat.
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by Jesusfallsatan(f): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Whaooooo! Speechless.

@Lalastical @islove pls move to FP to educate people.
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by StPete: 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
seems like something from some blog site

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by belhomme(m): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
is there a way one can give this kinda post a million likes? i love that last statement "Give
them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till “some other time".... WHAT A SELF ASSESSING STATEMENT!!!

2 Likes

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by Dinirojones(m): 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
Definitely seen dis post sum where b4....stil tryna rememba..

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by dominique(f): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
No matter how busy or caught up you are with your life, work or family, it's good to always make time for your folks.
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by komek(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
I have always planned to do this for my mama, but each time I travel to meet her I get so occupied with some God forsaken friends who will never let me have time till I go back to my base.

God help me when nxt I have this opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by MosakuAW(m): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
komek:
I have always planned to do this for my mama, but each time I travel to meet her I get so occupied with some God forsaken friends who will never let me have time till I go back to my base.

God help me when nxt I have this opportunity.

God will surely help you.
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by MosakuAW(m): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
dominique:
No matter how busy or caught up you are with your life, work or family, it's good to always make time for your folks.

Yes! Like the saying, leave love ones with loving messages, it maybe the last time you see them.

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by MosakuAW(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
haabimbohlar:
Wow, thanks God you took her for a treat.

smiley
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by gidjah(m): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
hmmmmm Mothers Love,so so amazing.Really miss my Momma.
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by adesbreath: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
In tears...this is so touching, hubby of life pls hear him and hear him well o.

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by Mimiflourish(f): 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
In tears...

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by komek(m): 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
MosakuAW:

God will surely help you.
Amen
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by butanepro(m): 1:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Touching
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by AtomikEnergy: 8:29am On Sep 04, 2015
wonderful,,, GOD bless y'all
Re: After 21 Years Of Marriage, My Wife Wanted Me To Take Another Woman Out by everystep87(f): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
kiss
Whaooo! So touching and inspirational.

(1) (Reply)

In Pix: Family Of My Dream / Q90 Photography Announces 'Ember Slash Wedding Photography Promo / Pregnancy! Who Can Relate With This Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.