Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. (1464 Views)

11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife / 7 Movies Every Married And Unmarried Couple Should Watch / 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by NifemiOlu(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
A wise man once told me that when I find myself around single women, especially when I find them attractive or interesting, I should mention my wife and family early in the conversation. I have found this advice to be very useful on many occasions. 

Fellow husbands, I have found the above advice and the other tips at the bottom to be essential in keeping my marriage healthy and strong. I want my marriage to be strong and healthy, and so should you! In fact, it’s one of the biggest responsibilities in your marriage.

So let’s dig deeper into this subject. Where are some common places that you might run into this scenario? For many of you, it could easily happen at work. You could be starting a new job and find yourself around a lot of nice, new women. When this happens, you have to make the choice to embrace their attention or extinguish it in a friendly way by mentioning your beautiful wife and family.

For some of you, you have been working around the same women for some time. You might have chosen many times to engage in flirty conversation or to go out with co-workers after work. If this is you and your wife is at home waiting for you, then it’s time to step back and assess your position as the husband and leader. Take the necessary steps to make your relationship with your wife the most important one again and don’t forget it. Lead, gentlemen, lead!

Even though those were only a couple of quick examples, I know there are a few of you out there who need to step up your role as a husband. Those examples don’t apply to you? Then consider who you know and talk to at your gym, the grocery store, the local hangout or wherever. These “simple” places could produce difficult relationships that will harm your relationship and love with your wife. Man up and do what needs to be done for your marriage!

Now that I have your attention, here are five things every married man should do around single women:

1. Keep your ring on. There are very few exceptions for when that ring needs to be off, like when operating heavy machinery, swimming in shark-infested waters and the like. If you are about to enter a situation that makes you look at your ring and consider if you need it on or not, leave! Run! Get away from there! Seriously, get out of that situation; your vows, marriage, children and more depend on those important decisions. (Read Luke 16:10.)

2. Hang up pictures of your wife at work. A married man in this position would be wise to pick out a couple of great and fun photos of him and his wife and keep them displayed at his office or place of work. Pick a time that was fun for two reasons: It will remind you why you love her so much, and it will make for a great conversation tool when others, especially women, ask about it. Update the image as needed to keep the people around you knowing your relationship is continuing to grow. Get that picture up this week and extinguish those flames. (Read Psalm 119:37.)

3. Keep eye contact simple and short. Don’t read this the wrong way; I’m not saying to be rude. I’m saying to be careful where your eyes travel and how long they travel when you are in the presence of an attractive single woman. You know that once you engage in the first serious look, you have signed the dotted line for more eye trouble. (Read more about that “first look” here.) Keep it short, keep it decisive, and move on. Get back to that image posted at your desk. Go! (Read Matthew 5:28.)

4. Keep conversation general and professional. If you work around single women, there is no question that conversation will come up. It’s up to you on how you decide to speak with her. You can choose to keep it short and general, you can choose to keep it professional, or you can choose to keep it off of those and allow it go places it shouldn't. Be polite but very intentional in your conversations. If needed, again, always be ready to bring up something about your wife or family. Pull the pin, aim, and extinguish. Safety first. (Read Romans 6:13.)

5. Talk about your wife and family often. Did I mention anything about talking about your wife in conversation yet? I believe I did, but this last point brings the idea to a firm home. The single women you engage with each day, if you have to, should be no match to your wife and family. Your family should be your first priority wherever you are and with whomever you encounter each day. Yes, each and every day. Keep it short, keep it simple, and mention your beautiful wife. Now pat yourself on the back and keep it up. (Read Ephesians 5:25-33.)

Important note: No matter what you have done with your current relationships with single women, these steps can and should be started at anytime. Your wife’s feelings are and will always be more important than the woman you need to take these steps with. Get on it!

I challenge you to take these bold steps for you, your marriage and your family. Again, it’s your responsibility to lead!

Source: http://stephanieoarhe..com.ng/2015/09/5-things-every-married-man-should-do.html?spref=fb:
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by MISSNORA(f): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Tell dem o
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by Cutehector(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wat of ladies who seek after these married men?

Some of them even after bein warned to leav dem alone, they still go as far as callin d men in d middle of d night or continue sendin dem errottic pictures...

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by CEtoO(f): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
I'm Taking this to my boss
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by TRADELYN: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
CEtoO:
Is that part of your duties?
No come back here kon cry Ooo cheesy
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by CEtoO(f): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
TRADELYN:

Is that part of your duties?
No come back here kon cry Ooo cheesy
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by delishpot: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Cutehector:
Wat of ladies who seek after these married men?

Some of them even after bein warned to leav dem alone, they still go as far as callin d men in d middle of d night or continue sendin dem errottic pictures...

If a married woman gives this same excuse as to why she slept with another man will you buy it?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by NifemiOlu(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Some single ladies don't have joy at all. In the end, the married man needs to stay sharp always.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by Stillfire: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
6. Tell your wife when another woman comes strongly to you. Don't hide it.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by Came: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
" keep your ring on" Girls of these days no send ring oooooo!!!'. Just say the married man shouldn't make money.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by komek(m): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
CEtoO:

I guess u have another job somewhere incase if u are fired.

Like someone front page is crying that he just complained about poor working condition and he was fired.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by komek(m): 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
CEtoO:
I guess u have another job somewhere incase if u are fired.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by NifemiOlu(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2015
Came:
" keep your ring on" Girls of these days no send ring oooooo!!!'. Just say the married man shouldn't make money.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by Exponental(m): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2015
Story story! What we need in the family is grace to overcome temptations.
The housegirl that slept with madam's husband nko?
The girl that slept with her sister's/ Aunty's husband nko?
The neighbour that slept with neighbour's husband nko?
The chief bridesmaid or friend that slept with her friend's husband nko?
..... and many more! Are they not aware of the woman of the house?
Pray for grace to be faithful and upright. Remember, no one is above temptation, either the husband or wife, it could be either intentional or not, all we need is Divine GRACE!
ASK & IT SHALL BE GIVEN......
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 04, 2015
7. Dont be an agony uncle. . . . . Any single lady with relationship problems should go and find a professional counsellor . . .or come to Nairaland for help. The romance and family section will help her cool grin

8. be a man on integrity, and talk and behave responsibly. When they see that you are a responsible man, they wont come near you. If you are they type that goes to bar after work to drink, instead of going home to your family, they know that you are avalable and easy to pick.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by Stillfire: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
Exponental:
Story story! What we need in the family is grace to overcome temptations.
The housegirl that slept with madam's husband nko?
The girl that slept with her sister's/ Aunty's husband nko?
The neighbour that slept with neighbour's husband nko?
The chief bridesmaid or friend that slept with her friend's husband nko?
..... and many more! Are they not aware of the woman of the house?
Pray for grace to be faithful and upright. Remember, no one is above temptation, either the husband or wife, it could be either intentional or not, all we need is Divine GRACE!
ASK & IT SHALL BE GIVEN......

I cannot stand Nigerian christianity. Very annoying. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
These are practical, relevant steps to stay away from temptation. And to dismiss it as story, story, is silly at its best.
Before 'grace' comes you must do your own part to stay away from temptation.
You cannot place yourself in certain circumstances all the time and be banking on your prayers or grace to save you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by ApexTitan(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Its either you people are all joking or you somehow fail to see how very ridiculous this all looks.

It appears there is no length that the feminine imperative (in conjuction with emasculated men) under its solipsistic drive will not go to secure its survival.

I mean, in a bid to ensure that it's source of welfare, provisioning, familial support and protection is securely dedicated to the itself, it even goes as far as trying to condition, if not control, the way the man should behave in the office in the presence of its would be competitors i.e single women.

Surely you people must see the hilarity of this very obvious attempt at mate guarding. The man must advertise his wedding ring to constantly remind competitors that his provisioning functions have already been claimed. He must not hold prolonged eye contact lest he succumbs to the powerful wiles of single ladies. He must place a photo of his wife on his desk so they know who he belongs to. Etc cheesy

Hahahaha. The sheer desperation of all the points is beyond funny.

Anyway a smart man is one who knows how to use this desperation to keep his wife on her A-game for the enjoyment of the marriage. The emasculated man is the one that will not only follow these instructions to the letter but will go out of his way find new ways to assure his wife that her position as recepient of all his provisioning is unchallenged.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by yougosee: 12:06am On Sep 05, 2015
NifemiOlu:
A wise man once told me that when I find myself around single women, especially when I find them attractive or interesting, I should mention my wife and family early in the conversation. I have found this advice to be very useful on many occasions. 

Fellow husbands, I have found the above advice and the other tips at the bottom to be essential in keeping my marriage healthy and strong. I want my marriage to be strong and healthy, and so should you! In fact, it’s one of the biggest responsibilities in your marriage.

So let’s dig deeper into this subject. Where are some common places that you might run into this scenario? For many of you, it could easily happen at work. You could be starting a new job and find yourself around a lot of nice, new women. When this happens, you have to make the choice to embrace their attention or extinguish it in a friendly way by mentioning your beautiful wife and family.

For some of you, you have been working around the same women for some time. You might have chosen many times to engage in flirty conversation or to go out with co-workers after work. If this is you and your wife is at home waiting for you, then it’s time to step back and assess your position as the husband and leader. Take the necessary steps to make your relationship with your wife the most important one again and don’t forget it. Lead, gentlemen, lead!

Even though those were only a couple of quick examples, I know there are a few of you out there who need to step up your role as a husband. Those examples don’t apply to you? Then consider who you know and talk to at your gym, the grocery store, the local hangout or wherever. These “simple” places could produce difficult relationships that will harm your relationship and love with your wife. Man up and do what needs to be done for your marriage!

Now that I have your attention, here are five things every married man should do around single women:

1. Keep your ring on. There are very few exceptions for when that ring needs to be off, like when operating heavy machinery, swimming in shark-infested waters and the like. If you are about to enter a situation that makes you look at your ring and consider if you need it on or not, leave! Run! Get away from there! Seriously, get out of that situation; your vows, marriage, children and more depend on those important decisions. (Read Luke 16:10.)

2. Hang up pictures of your wife at work. A married man in this position would be wise to pick out a couple of great and fun photos of him and his wife and keep them displayed at his office or place of work. Pick a time that was fun for two reasons: It will remind you why you love her so much, and it will make for a great conversation tool when others, especially women, ask about it. Update the image as needed to keep the people around you knowing your relationship is continuing to grow. Get that picture up this week and extinguish those flames. (Read Psalm 119:37.)

3. Keep eye contact simple and short. Don’t read this the wrong way; I’m not saying to be rude. I’m saying to be careful where your eyes travel and how long they travel when you are in the presence of an attractive single woman. You know that once you engage in the first serious look, you have signed the dotted line for more eye trouble. (Read more about that “first look” here.) Keep it short, keep it decisive, and move on. Get back to that image posted at your desk. Go! (Read Matthew 5:28.)

4. Keep conversation general and professional. If you work around single women, there is no question that conversation will come up. It’s up to you on how you decide to speak with her. You can choose to keep it short and general, you can choose to keep it professional, or you can choose to keep it off of those and allow it go places it shouldn't. Be polite but very intentional in your conversations. If needed, again, always be ready to bring up something about your wife or family. Pull the pin, aim, and extinguish. Safety first. (Read Romans 6:13.)

5. Talk about your wife and family often. Did I mention anything about talking about your wife in conversation yet? I believe I did, but this last point brings the idea to a firm home. The single women you engage with each day, if you have to, should be no match to your wife and family. Your family should be your first priority wherever you are and with whomever you encounter each day. Yes, each and every day. Keep it short, keep it simple, and mention your beautiful wife. Now pat yourself on the back and keep it up. (Read Ephesians 5:25-33.)

Important note: No matter what you have done with your current relationships with single women, these steps can and should be started at anytime. Your wife’s feelings are and will always be more important than the woman you need to take these steps with. Get on it!

I challenge you to take these bold steps for you, your marriage and your family. Again, it’s your responsibility to lead!

Source: http://stephanieoarhe..com.ng/2015/09/5-things-every-married-man-should-do.html?spref=fb:
Mention any Mod's name so that this can hit front page. Our men need more role models and helpful guideline.

Come on guys, this article is an advice to men. Stop dragging the ladies into this. Simply create another thread with advice for ladiessmiley
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by NifemiOlu(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
yougosee:

Mention any Mod's name so that this can hit front page. Our men need more role models and helpful guideline.

Come on guys, this article is an advice to men. Stop dragging the ladies into this. Simply create another thread with advice for ladiessmiley
Moderators Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy...we call on thee.
Re: 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women. by gnchetts: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
Many girls actually prefer married men so they won't care about ur fronting or whatever tricks u apply. One of my friends once told me that she can't date a single man. And when I asked y she said that married men care better and that every married man cheats, so that when she getting married, she won't be worried if her husband is cheating because she did it to some peoples' husbands.

(1) (Reply)

Bride Decides To Prove Her Virginity On Her Wedding Day In A Weird Way. / How Do I Get Rid Of Ants At My House? / Black Mother Gives Birth To One In A Million WHITE Daughter With Blue Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.