Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) (43487 Views)

Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In Fatal Accident On Enugu Road (Photos) / Passengers Burnt Beyond Recognition In Obollo Afor, Enugu Road (Graphic Photos) / Road Accident At Otukpa, Benue State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Baroba(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
FriedPlantain:
There is nothing wrong with the ember months, you folks should stop demonizing it. Accidents happen every month, we just need to find a way of forcing people to follow basic safety measures to reduce these accidents.

Friedplantain

You said it all,Reckless drivers and folks ignorant of traffic laws. Other countries have ember months in their calendar as well, their citizens are not dying like flies on highway..

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
My Mum followed this road to enugu today. Infact, the car developed brake issue just as they got to Enugu! But hallelujah, she's home safe!!
God be praised.
RIP to d dead.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Drivers should drive at moderate speed.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Hychineson(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
I witnessed this accident. I was on my way to Jos, Immediately d Bennett link bus passed me all I heard was a loud noise and dusts in d air.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by nobul(m): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
R.I. P. embarassed
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 04, 2015
this is terrible... so sad... cry
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by zheroes(m): 5:23am On Sep 04, 2015
This is what you get with excessive speed!!! where were they running to. even if the road is free , you dont throw caution to the wind, you dont own the tyres, anything can happen. really unfortunate. may God give the families the strength to bear this loss.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by 400billionman: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2015
MISSNORA:
God save us all from EMBER MONTHS!

This is pure hypnotism. There is nothing like ember month.

Why not attribute Good to Christmas period if you care rather than evil. ? What you expect or fear is what you receive.

For me, this will be a time to reap multiple harvest. RIP. Drive with care.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by zonax(m): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2015
Freksy:

It's a well known fact that many commercial drivers in 9ja are often reckless in their driving during this period. They want to make millions and fulfill their dreams concerning the year... so bad! However, if one says: 'this is ember period', it's possible he says so with the afore-said in mind, without necessarily associating the months with the demons.

I am yet to see post by anyone here that associates 'ember months' with demons.

That's an established fact that our drivers are reckless. But some folks who say this "ember" stuffs are saying from a spiritual direction that the devil works more during these ember months and wrecks more havoc this time.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Bjergtrolde: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
FriedPlantain:
There is nothing wrong with the ember months, you folks should stop demonizing it. Accidents happen every month, we just need to find a way of forcing people to follow basic safety measures to reduce these accidents.

Friedplantain

I agree with you but I have a theory on why the ember months are very notorious.
1) We drive like crazy people. I have seen drivers playing chicken when one is overtaking another vehicle.

2) More people are on the roads during those months

So if you have more madness on the roads during a particular period, the outcome of that madness would be multiplied.

Oh, I love your name.

zonax:

That's an established fact that our drivers are reckless. But some folks who say this "ember" stuffs are saying from a spiritual direction that the devil works more during these ember months and wrecks more havoc this time.

It could also be that we never like to take personal responsibility for our actions.
I am not aware that the ember months are an issue if places like Sokoto state
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by zonax(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bjergtrolde:

I agree with you but I have a theory on why the ember months are very notorious.
1) We drive like crazy people. I have seen drivers playing chicken when one is overtaking another vehicle.

2) More people are on the roads during those months

So if you have more madness on the roads during a particular period, the outcome of that madness would be multiplied.

Oh, I love your name.

It could also be that we never like to take personal responsibility for our actions.
I am not aware that the ember months are an issue if places like Sokoto state

You very much correct. Meanwhile, thanks (liking d name).

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Bsideboi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
The sum of both vehicles speed equals the speed on collision.

Drive safe
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by segunotiti(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
That's what happens when you overtake
Re: Fatal Accident Along Otukpa–Enugu Road This Morning (Photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Driver etiquette is ugly in this country because Nigeria is an angry nation, the average Nigerian motorist tends to vent as much as possible of his socioeconomic frustration on his fellow road users. This is especially true of the commercial drivers, and a lot of private motorists too.

I'm always like, give me a break, it's nobody's fault if you're broke and f.ked up!

Most drivers behave as if they are insane, considering the amount of disregard they exhibit for the safety of their fellow citizens

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja, Ibadan, Port-Harcourt Make Euromonitor Top 10 Fast Growing African Cities / Tipper Crushes Father Of 30 Children To Death In Kogi (Graphic) / Mecca, Washington DC And Some No-fly Zones In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.