Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk (703 Views)

Drug Addiction Reduces Hardworking Young Man Into A Scavenger / Benefits Of Having More Of Green Vegetables / Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by etenyong(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Men with numerous lovers have a lower risk of
developing prostate cancer-because they have
more sex, scientists say.
Lotharios who have had more than 20 partners
have a 28 per cent reduced risk compared with
men who have had only one sexual partner in
their lifetime, they claim.
But it is the amount of sex they have rather than
the number of partners that cuts the cancer risk.
Lead researcher Prof. Marie-Elise Parent, from
the University of Montreal, said: ‘It is possible
that having many female sexual partners results
in a higher frequency of ejaculations, whose
protective effect against prostate cancer has
been previously observed in cohort studies.’
Men who are virgins are almost twice as likely to
be diagnosed with prostate cancer as those who
are sexually experienced, it was claimed.
One theory is that large numbers of ejaculation
may reduce the concentration of cancer-causing
substances in prostatic fluid, a constituent of
semen.
But the same is not true for gay men-Where
having more than 20 male partners doubles the
risk of prostate cancer.
The danger of a less aggressive cancer type also
rises five-fold, possibly to do with greater
exposure to sexually transmitted infections or
the forum of gay sex.
More than 3,200 men aged between 40 and 79
answered questions about their lifestyle and sex
lives in the prostate cancer and environment
study.
Prof. Parent added: ‘We were fortunate to have
participants who were comfortable talking about
their sexuality.’
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/having-more-than-20-partners-reduces-prostate-cancer-risk/
Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by Lobolintin(m): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thank God ooooo,

I get them like Rivera
Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by wtfCode: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
they should be preaching about this in the church.
Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by dulux07(m): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yh, it reduces d risk of developin prostate cancer, but increases d chances of having HIV n other stds

1 Like

Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by MISSNORA(f): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
wtfCode:
they should be preaching about this in the church.
lol
Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by FACTUALLYE(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
very funny
Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by etenyong(m): 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ngozi, Ronke, Emem, Halima, pls am sorry in anyway I offended you. pls come back to my life. Let continue from where we stopped. I need you girls more than before.
Re: Having More Than 20 Partners Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk by Yustash001(m): 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wetin we no go hear?

(1) (Reply)

Penop Partners Orange Health, Legus Foundation On Free Healthcare For Elderly / See What I Found In FANTA!! / Is He Impotent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.