Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,146 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi (1516 Views)

Breaking News! Probe Me And See Nigeria Explode!! OBJ To Buhari. / PUNCH: No Body Can Probe Me--Amaechi / Buhari Disappointed Me – amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by dre11(m): 3:56am On Sep 04, 2015
The immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, says no anti-corruption agency in the country can probe him.

The PUNCH had reported that Amaechi along with some other former governors: Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano); Sullivan Chime (Enugu); Babatunde Fashola (Lagos); Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Shehu Shema (Katsina) and Martin Elechi of Ebonyi State were being probed by the Independent Corrupt Practices and related offences Commission.

However, Chief Tony Okocha, a former aide to Amaechi, told one of our correspondents that the ex-governor was not afraid of ICPC or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as long as the probe was not a witch-hunt.

Okocha, however, recalled that the ICPC and the EFCC had not vacated a court order stopping any of them from investigating any Rivers Government official and as such could not probe him.

He stated that Governor Nyesom Wike was a beneficiary of such order from the court, adding that until the court injunction was vacated, it would be illegal for the ICPC to probe his boss.

“I have always said that Amaechi is not afraid of the EFCC or the ICPC as long as such probe is not a witch-hunt. Again, there is a court order that the EFCC or other agency like it cannot probe any government official in the state. Wike is a beneficiary of that court order.

“Until that court order is vacated, the ICPC or the EFCC have no right to investigate Amaechi. Since what they are going to investigate is his (Amaechi’s) activities while in government, the EFCC and the ICPC do not have such right to do so based on the standing court order.”

The Chief Press Secretary to Fashola, Mr. Hakeem Bello, did not respond to the intended probe of his boss by the ICPC.

However, Fashola, while speaking at the 16th annual Bishop Mike Okonkwo Lecture in Lagos, “I will not respond to allegations of corruption on the pages of newspapers.”

Similarly, Shema, Kwankwaso and Lamido did not respond to phone calls on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the Ekiti State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party has challenged the ICPC to explain to Nigerians why it did not include former Governor Kayode Fayemi among those it is currently probing.

According to the party, the anti-graft agencies have been given more than enough petitions and facts to assist them in getting to the root of the financial misconduct allegedly perpetrated by Fayemi while in office.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nobody-can-probe-me-amaechi/
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by Welrez(m): 4:01am On Sep 04, 2015
It is clear that, with people like Amaechi, APC will go the way of the PDP. BTW, why has Oshiomole become garrulously stupid lately?
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by Luckylife(m): 4:02am On Sep 04, 2015
dre11:

http://www.punchng.com/news/nobody-can-probe-me-amaechi/

are u one of the sacred. Cow or our constitution is scared of u? Common take ur drugs b4 ur brain enter beyond repair.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by PAINGAIN: 4:02am On Sep 04, 2015
Witch hunting or not, amechi just tell us what u did with river's money while u were in office,chikena. Nobody will sympathise wise with u mr. What r u so afraid of? Ndi wayo rice.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by M4gunners: 4:10am On Sep 04, 2015
See this Okocha of a Man dey carri anoda person fight 4 him head o.If u no take time dem go probe 2 of una!
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by agarawu23(m): 4:12am On Sep 04, 2015
Welrez:
It is clear that, with people like Amaechi, APC will go the way of the PDP. BTW, why has Oshiomole become garrulously stupid lately?
ask IFA grin grin grin
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by menix(m): 4:21am On Sep 04, 2015
When ur fada is in charge of heaven, y will son go to hell...

Amaechi keep boasting buh know that every juju has an expiry date.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by odinese(m): 4:34am On Sep 04, 2015
.tell me why this sleepless nairalanders are awake by this tym? Just to make frontage Smdh.

When he knows all politicians are like him why won't he say somnn like that?...

Niger is a joke...

Only doing well in music, while the rest is 0.00000/10000...very backward nation. A country where fayose will build shops nigerians will call it development...

A country where Fashola will pave one street they will call it development...

A country where pple depends on the president for everything and leaving the governors aside to keep on looting...

A country that doesn't protest in millions...

A country where the stupid leaders fly their children abroad for medication and schooling, whereas leaving the one in Nigeria to rot..

A country where individuals don't pay tax..

A country that saves tax money into their personal accounts...

A country that can't build a suitable environment for tourist and investors to come in.

A country that boasts for being the richest country, whereas the wealth ain't going round..

A country that's full of corruption and undiversified economy

What will u call such country?

If u wanna Check out a country that is like naija, check out Norway, uae,quatar,Canada and Kuwait...

They got oil, but u don't der compare a shithole like Nigeria to them.
U don't der...they economy is way way more diversed.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by eleojo23: 4:38am On Sep 04, 2015
really?
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by worthytalk: 4:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Is Ameachi still a rivers state government official?
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by ifeoluwasegun(m): 4:47am On Sep 04, 2015
Anyway, what am I to say...

Just nothing other than THANK YOU GOD.

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by Aufbauh(m): 4:59am On Sep 04, 2015
To me, this headline is misleading and misguided.
Hon. Ameachi challenges anti graft agencies to probe him within the ambit of the law.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by ORACLE1975(m): 5:01am On Sep 04, 2015
See your life God will probe you.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by TI1919(m): 5:10am On Sep 04, 2015
grin
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by stinggy(m): 5:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Is Okocha speaking on the authority of Amaechi? I doubt. Amaechi can't be so stupid to say this, even with a thousand court order. His days of unguarded speeches are over lipsrsealed

He rather would have said he is not afraid of probe.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by DaGC(m): 7:13am On Sep 04, 2015
N*gga please undecided
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by knostbrown01(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2015
He get buhari for back nw
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by sotall(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2015
ok
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by ijustdey: 7:33am On Sep 04, 2015
“Until that court order is vacated, the ICPC or the EFCC have no right to investigate Amaechi. Since
what they are going to investigate is his (Amaechi’s) activities while in government, the EFCC and the ICPC do not have such right to do so based on the standing court order.”

so what kind of court order are these politician's using to shield themselves from being investigated

because it's seems they are trying to play save when its their turn to leave power....... where Amaechi is accusing Wike of using such order
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by permsec: 7:34am On Sep 04, 2015
knostbrown01:
He get buhari for back nw
Which Buhari? the same one wey don jilt the animal?
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by bonechamberlain(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2015
court order not to probe" hmm na wa o. who give that kind order.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by Agwoden(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2015
The same sense of arrogance that put him the ditch he's in now. Your end is near.
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by lacasera14(m): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2015
I see
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2015
Is there a president in Nigeria?
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by dre11(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi by front247: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2015
Ameachi is stupid,

(1) (Reply)

Igbos And My Ika Perspective / Group Urges Igbos To Have Faith In President Buhari’s Govt / The Most Controversial Presidents In Africa (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.