Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead (14996 Views)

Nigerian Prostitute Found Dead In Scotland, While On A 2-Day Sex Tour (Pics) / Nigerian Girl Being Used As Sex Slave In Burkina Faso Found Dead (photo) / Missing Girl Updates: Cynthia Udoka Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 27, 2005
21 year old Olamide Adeyooye, a senior from Illinois State University, was last seen Thursday night at a video store in Normal Illinois. Her former roommates' mother, Donna Petrey, says this does not appear to be the case of a girl running away. She says friends got police to break into her locked apartment and found one of the videos she rented in the television, which was left on. They found her much-used cell phone in her apartment, but her purse and car were gone. There were no signs of a struggle. The only thing that appeared to be missing was Adeyooye comforter. Police in Normal will only say that a missing persons report was filed Saturday. Adeyooye is of Nigerian descent and has shoulder length black hair and dark eyes. She is 110 pounds and about 5'3" tall. She drives a dark green 1996 Toyota Corolla with license plate LBG 927.

Shes from chicago , but she goes to Illinois State University which is 30mins away from where i stay at on weekdays/go to to school at.

they found her today shes been all over the news , they kidnapped her Oct 15

Dental records were used to identify the remains of 21-year-old Illinois State University senior Olamide Adeyooye, authorities said.

Police did not disclose the cause of death.

"As far as the cause of death, we believe she was already deceased when the body was dropped off in Newton County (Mississippi)," Newton County Sheriff Jackie Knight said. "We have investigators from Illinois here with us but we believe the actual death took place in Illinois."

Knight said he was not aware of any signs of sexual abuse.

NORMAL, Ill. - A body found in a burned-out chicken coop in Mississippi has been identified as that of an Illinois college student who disappeared two weeks ago, authorities said Wednesday.

Dental records were used to identify the remains of 21-year-old Illinois State University senior Olamide Adeyooye, authorities said.

Police did not disclose the cause of death.

it really touched me , and made me cry ive been thinkin about her for the past week and prayin theyd find her alive , my mom's friend is a friend of her family .. so we got to talk to them today cry

did you hear this story any1 in the U.S? i heard it became national
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 27, 2005
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 3:53am On Oct 28, 2005
She's DEAD OMG they were finding her. WHo killed her, this is sad. OMG.. She's pretty. I got the thing as offline. May her SOul Rest in Peace.

I heard the story KC. I tot they were gonna find her. She has a Xanga.com website.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 28, 2005
Yea , they killed her and then burnt her body .. they were showin all kinds of pics of her on the local news today shes soo pretty , her dad was cryin i felt soo bad , her mom couldnt even talk embarassed

whats her Xanga site? yeah my dad said she had one of those sites

and i believe her death has somethin to do wit Race , just because her boyfriend is white , someones mad/ jealous

either a black guy whos mad thats shes with a white boy
either a white man whos racist thats mad shes wit a white boy
or

some girl's jealous ... so she hired ppl to kill her

whoever did it will rot on earth n hell cry
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Seun(m): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2005
A lot of people are killed every day, but some few people make it into the news because they are pretty. If we really want to make a difference, we have to be ready to be serious about it, and do something tangible that prevents such things from happening in the future.

If we know that we're not ready to take any concrete steps towards helping future victims, then let's not talk about issues like this at all. All it does is makes people feel sad and depressed.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by aloib(f): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2005
its all over almost all naija forums and groups. its so sad. anyways heres wishing her family the heart to bear the loss.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by damygurl(f): 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2005
A friend just told me about this nigerian girl who was found burnt in mississippi. yall can read d fulllstory at http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article06/281005
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by nike4luv(f): 1:48am On Oct 29, 2005
this is sad..oh God..that was the girl of the other day..what is the world turning into cry
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by adesodgi(m): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2005
hell i think embarassed
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by da808cutie(f): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2005
its all so sad, noone's safe anywhere anymore sad
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by adesodgi(m): 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2005
we all safe under the strong hands of God,his there always just that times are different...its really sad. embarassed
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2005
I heard it was someone who found her informations on Xanga that did it. It was internet predator. Plus the person was monitoring her. Her bf had nothing to do with it. cry
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2005
just input her name and find soo many sites. God this is sad. WTF is seun talking about it's only prettty girls they talk about on the internet?? That's Bull Crap!
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Seun(m): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2005
Sh*t. And she wasn't even a heavy Xanga user.

http://news.google.com/news?q=olamide+adeyooye

I just don't want people to come here and have their days spoilt by all sorts of bad news from all over the world. Today 11 year old burnt, tommorrow plane crash, next tommorrow student kidnapped, killed and burnt. When will we get a chance to rest??
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2005
ohh God.. Watever!
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by WesleyanA(f): 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2005
May Her Soul Rest In Peace. she was really pretty and smart too. cry

HA, myspace or xanga?
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2005
i fink it's myspace.. i dunno. One of those.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by da808cutie(f): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2005
dunno about xanga, but i know of her friend's profile on myspace
lemme get the link in a bit
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by WesleyanA(f): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2005
http://www.myspace.com/olamide1 I found it on some site about her.
i still wonder why bad things always happen to good people. sad
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by da808cutie(f): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2005
http://www.myspace.com/petrey there's her friend's one, soo many pictures of her....poor girl
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by da808cutie(f): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2005
its so sad reading her profile and her comments cry
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 10:02pm On Oct 29, 2005
She's my name sake. Elizabeth. This is soo sad.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2005
She gave soo information about her. Her place of work and everything. She sounds like a funny down to earth girl. Stop giving information about yourselves oo. That goes to me too.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by da808cutie(f): 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2005
was just gonna say about the info stuff....pls no postcode, no workplaces, not even schools, or phone numbers pls pls pls
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2005
yes ooo.... she works at ruby's. Everything i heard is that someone got her info from the net and her website. And that was how they found and got her.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by WesleyanA(f): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2005
that's why i'm a privacy freak, not that there's anything about me that'll get someone to want to do such a thing but the e-world's not safe. there'll always be haters
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by da808cutie(f): 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2005
WesleyanA:

that's why i'm a privacy freak, not that there's anything about me that'll get someone to want to do such a thing but the e-world's not safe. there'll always be haters
dont imply that she brought it upon herself. there's so much evil in this world. no1 knows who's crazy or disturbed
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Seun(m): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2005
I agree that it's not a good idea to put your address on the Internet. People shouldn't be able to know where you live from your website, since there are not records to show you who exactly has seen your information.

However, the person arrested by the police for stealing and questioned for Ola's murder is a black male who used to hang out in her school pretending to be a student (he was an ex-con and nobody liked him).
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by WesleyanA(f): 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2005
i'm not implying that she brought it upon herself. she's smart and whatnot. its just that one has to be careful.
whoever did it, i don't know what he's doing on earth because he dererves to be gone.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by hotangel2(f): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2005
True wesley.
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by goodguy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2005
Life is cruel sad
Re: Missing Girl Olamide Adeyooye found dead by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 05, 2005
Official suspect - Maurice Wallace who lived 2 apartments away from her , they said he used to stalk her n stuff

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Detains A 54-Year-Old Man For Raping A 6-Year-Old Orphan In A Church / DJ Tee Stabs 19yrs Old Alvin Osungade : Upcoming Artiste(GRAPHIC PIX!. ) / Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.