Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Nigerians In East London. . . - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In East London. . . (15605 Views)

Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian Man Attacks 16 Year Old WHITE GIRL In East London. RACIAL CRIME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by shotster50(m): 1:50am On Apr 04, 2009
Jeez!!!!!!!!!! I refuse to believe what I see
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by angel01: 1:52am On Apr 04, 2009
Quote from: ~Sauron~ on Yesterday at 05:58:02 PM

Woolwich of all places. . . . . . .I would rather go to Afghanistan(Land-mine ridden area).

was passing through,and picking up a takeout, wouldnt go there as well,espesially since i was mugged at gunpoint 2 yrs ago by nigerian guys with guns

Quote from: Epiphany on Yesterday at 06:00:34 PM
Bros, i thought i am the only one that does this. Many times when i am in parts of London and i see our people misbehaving, i just keep a straight face and pretend like i am not 'one of them'. Seriously, people have actually sat next to me on trains or buses, shouting in yoruba or ibo or pidgin, and i just force myself to maintain some form of decorum. When they finish their ill acts, turn to me and say, 'are you a Nigerian', i always reply in a very curt  and clipped tone, NO I AM NOT!   . Next thing, they will be asking you for change to buy a meal and where you live - blah blah blah

yes o especially south east,east london and dagenham,barking,grays and most parts of essex nigerians in oshodi are better behaved than they are both male and female.go to the new developments where nigerians tend to live and you will see our people drying clothes and towels on balconies  

Quote from: Pataki on Yesterday at 06:01:29 PM
What are you doing in Woolwich area? I personally cannot stand that place at all.

i went there to pick up a takeaway at a nigerian restaurant and i didnt have enough money so i had to use the nearest atm,i dont hold more than 10pounds anytime im going to that area since i was mugged

Quote from: asha 80 on Yesterday at 06:04:18 PM
What is wrong with woolwich?
Is it comparable to former oshodi?

Woolwich is like Ojuelegba. . . . . .U can buy anything there.
MTN cards, Globacom cards, Pap, Moi-Moi, etc.    

Asha, you are 100% correct. The streets are a bit clean because it is London but most of the shared flats there are worse than Ojuelegba. I visited someone in Abbey wood. I could not believe my eyes. He shares an apartment with 4 other nigerians and the apartment is worse than Ajegule. They share a kitchen but he keeps his fridge, foodstuffs, plates, pots infact all kitchen utensils including microwave in his room. The apartemnt is unkept. And this is someone that will arrive Nigeria and be doing big boy.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Hauwa1: 1:56am On Apr 04, 2009
grin grin grin at above post grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 04, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by StrStruck(f): 2:01am On Apr 04, 2009
angel01:

Asha, you are 100% correct. The streets are a bit clean because it is London but most of the shared flats there are worse than Ojuelegba. I visited someone in Abbey wood. I could not believe my eyes. He shares an apartment with 4 other nigerians and the apartment is worse than Ajegule. They share a kitchen but he keeps his fridge, foodstuffs, plates, pots infact all kitchen utensils including microwave in his room. The apartemnt is unkept. And this is someone that will arrive Nigeria and be doing big boy.

rofl. . .
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by chamotex(m): 2:05am On Apr 04, 2009
I just got a news from a reliable source . . . . apparently they were fighting over a CHICKEN!
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by tpia: 2:25am On Apr 04, 2009
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by debosky(m): 2:35am On Apr 04, 2009
Na wa - from fighting chicks in a chicken shop to a trans-atlantic bust up? cheesy

Don't think this is a question of where is better, naij people do idiotic things in almost every nation on earth so kini big deal?
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by blackspade(m): 2:35am On Apr 04, 2009
Re: Cheaters video

Who's idea you think it was to go to stay married, and go to counseling? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by TOYOSI20(f): 2:38am On Apr 04, 2009
This is sooooo ridiculous though, . .like are these women for real?? shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Remii(m): 5:12am On Apr 04, 2009
But wait o, while blaming the ladies for fighting, did you notice that while the lady in the middle was putting her life on the line to separate them some men were busy recording them in order to broadcast this same to the world. I think shame on those men. A disgrace to one is disgrace to all. Nobody has the full story to justify or otherwise this barbaric act but those men including this poster should bury their heads in shame. If people they call their brothers and sisters stood by and watch them fight its really bad and disappointing.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by 1honeybee: 5:43am On Apr 04, 2009
My friend actually came across the video like 2 days ago and she kept replaying it for more than an hr, i personally found it funny, irritating and disgraceful as in, these are ADULTS ooooooooooo
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by blacksta(m): 7:15am On Apr 04, 2009
All of una no get jobs, this thread is almost 20 pages long
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 04, 2009
PLenTy NonsensE!
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by blackspade(m): 10:06am On Apr 04, 2009
blacksta:

All of una no get jobs,  this thread is almost 20 pages long
U dey drop out of primary school? Since when was 10 almost 20?
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by doncaster(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2009

To be honest to all UK is rubbish compared to any other western country even the smaller once. They manage everything here, Road, House, Bus, Train name it.
This is the only country you will have an Iragi, Nigerian, Brazilian, Sudanese under one roof sharing the same kitchen and toilet. Its pathetic. At the same time their landlord is the plumber, carpenter, painter, electrician. He repairs every thing that goes wrong in the house. Sometimes i wonder what kinda country is this, the size of the their room is even the worst. Some room is too small that when you put your bed you hardly see where to keep any other thing yet they pay hundreds of £ every week. You pay to watch your own TV getting only 5 analog channels. Its just like you pay to watch AIT, NTA, OGTV, IBC or MIRAGE.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by angel01: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2009
To be honest to all UK is rubbish compared to any other western country even the smaller once. They manage everything here, Road, House, Bus, Train name it.
This is the only country you will have an Iragi, Nigerian, Brazilian, Sudanese under one roof sharing the same kitchen and toilet. Its pathetic. At the same time their landlord is the plumber, carpenter, painter, electrician. He repairs every thing that goes wrong in the house. Sometimes i wonder what kinda country is this, the size of the their room is even the worst. Some room is too small that when you put your bed you hardly see where to keep any other thing yet they pay hundreds of £ every week. You pay to watch your own TV getting only 5 analog channels. Its just like you pay to watch AIT, NTA, OGTV, IBC or MIRAGE.

you missed the issue of car parking.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by presido1: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2009
doncaster:

U said it all dude,

Do u know that its difficult to overtake a car in some roads cuz of how tiny the roads are. Some houses when you open your door u step into the street. The only day i feel sad in the month is the day i remember that i will pay council tax(£218/M) and tV Licence. You will spend the whole day in train if you wanna go to Aberdeen from London, this is a distance that will take you less than four hours in French or German train.

angel01:

you missed the issue of car parking.
Some places in London you have to get Resident permit to park in front of your own house.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by LadyT(f): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2009
You can all scream about UK being bleeped up or American being bleeped up.

Bottomline is OUR NIGERIA is still the most bleeped of all.

Your government cant help but steal and cheat. You cant get running clean water or electricity. The roads are a disgrace and shame. Most people can barely eat a single meal a day. A three year degree takes 7 years. Even if you score 100% in an exam you still need to give your lecturer "head" in order to pass. When you do finally pass you spend the next three years looking for a job the government does not care about helping you sustain yourself while you job search.

The police only understand the sound of money. Only in Nigeria can a murder charge be dropped if the victims family are paid off and request the case is dropped.

The bottomline is we are all aboard hoping to better our lives and some of us wish to go home and make a difference. But while you complain about the tiny roads the shitty areas the 5 TV channels. Its the same country thats paying your bills and giving you enough change to send to Mama Niyi when she demands 20,000 naira on a monthly basis. Think of people in Nigeria still waiting for their past three months salary.

Enough already.

I love the UK and ALL its shittyness for the opportunities it has provided me but I'm a Nigerian for life.

kiss
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by bluespice(f): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2009
lol dont we all love london?
grin grin cant stop laughing at all the videos
he first day i saw the cheaters video, i fels repulsion, embarrasment and was laughing till tears came out of my eyes

"she's my customah!" grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by OutlukBabe(f): 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2009
doncaster:

In fairness to UK, the country have a lot of problems, which every country have, but dont forget that some of these houses you are talking about have being built at least 50 years. In some places, like Glasgow, most houses are almost 100 years. That was before people start gathering trash in their rooms in the name of materials. Most of these houses and roads have being there before the mordern cars. You guys shouldnt expect them to start demolishing house just to expand their roads. If you want to cruise on big roads like Nigeria, you go new towns, like Milton Keynes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2009
Jeeze - that clip's funny - especially the bit one of the girls had a fistful of hair!  grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by DeReloaded: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2009
but dont forget that some of these houses you are talking about have being built at least 50 years.

were people midgets 50 years ago? tongue

If I lived there really it's the road situaton that would likely piss me off the most cos me ooo l like my roads nice and wide, overtake whoever the hell I please and know I dont have to park on the roof cheesy
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by vanitty: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2009
LOL funny video.  grin grin grin
I don’t know why some people are feeling "disgraced" or "embarrassed”  undecided as long as it isn’t me or my people in the video I really couldn’t care less
It is only a stupid person that will see the video and come to the conclusion that that is how all Nigerians in London behave
Very funny video  grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by tpia: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2009
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by surface(f): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2009
@ poster,dis is rubbish thread.na today u see two girls fighting in a pound shop,i beg stop disgracing our babes jo.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by amarilo: 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2009
LadyT:

You can all scream about UK being bleeped up or American being bleeped up.

Bottomline is OUR NIGERIA is still the most bleeped of all.

Your government cant help but steal and cheat. You cant get running clean water or electricity. The roads are a disgrace and shame. Most people can barely eat a single meal a day. A three year degree takes 7 years. Even if you score 100% in an exam you still need to give your lecturer "head" in order to pass. When you do finally pass you spend the next three years looking for a job the government does not care about helping you sustain yourself while you job search.

The police only understand the sound of money. Only in Nigeria can a murder charge be dropped if the victims family are paid off and request the case is dropped.

The bottomline is we are all aboard hoping to better our lives and some of us wish to go home and make a difference. But while you complain about the tiny roads the shitty areas the 5 TV channels. Its the same country thats paying your bills and giving you enough change to send to Mama Niyi when she demands 20,000 naira on a monthly basis. Think of people in Nigeria still waiting for their past three months salary.

Enough already.

I love the UK and ALL its shittyness for the opportunities it has provided me but I'm a Nigerian for life.
kiss
Queen Eliza tongue tongue tongue tongue

They are comparing UK with their mate like Germany and France and US u just dey blab about Nigeria.

OutlukBabe:

In fairness to UK, the country have a lot of problems, which every country have, but dont forget that some of these houses you are talking about have being built at least 50 years. In some places, like Glasgow, most houses are almost 100 years. That was before people start gathering trash in their rooms in the name of materials. Most of these houses and roads have being there before the mordern cars. You guys shouldnt expect them to start demolishing house just to expand their roads. If you want to cruise on big roads like Nigeria, you go new towns, like Milton Keynes.
I beleive 50 yrs ago Germany, France US and others were living on trees. Its stingyness and too much rubbish sense. Big cars ko small kars ni, do u know when they started using all these their molue buses even some have conductors, those once that goes to Clapham from Central london that looks like those agege route molue. Which Milton Keynes are you talking about? E-bi like say u see am for film.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by sleekp1: 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2009
I like watching female fights on youtube, sadly there's hardly any Nigerian female fights on youtube.

amarilo:

Which Milton Keynes are you talking about? E-bi like say u see am for film.

Try and take a journey outside London once in a while, for your information (OutlukBabe was right) Milton Keynes is indeed a  town built by Maggi Thatcher.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by StrStruck(f): 3:06am On Apr 05, 2009
surface:

@ poster,dis is rubbish thread.na today u see two girls fighting in a pound shop,i beg stop disgracing our babes jo.

I didn't shoot the video or make them fight darl. They disgraced themselves on their own so please keep it cute.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 05, 2009
sleek_p:

I like watching female fights on youtube, sadly there's hardly any Nigerian female fights on youtube.
So that's why excites you?
To watch your ppl fight on youtube?

No wonder some women never get themselves in order.

vanitty:

LOL funny video. grin grin grin
I don’t know why some people are feeling "disgraced" or "embarrassed” undecided as long as it isn’t me or my people in the video I really couldn’t care less
It is only a stupid person that will see the video and come to the conclusion that that is how all Nigerians in London behave
Very funny video grin grin grin

Look in the mirror and you'd know grin grin

Ode, there's no I in team. Just tell "your people" to stop disgracing our name in London.
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by vanitty: 7:55am On Apr 05, 2009
The girl ^ hasn't got a lick of common sense . . . bless her heart
What you just wrote would have made a little bit of sense if i actually stay in London or "my people" were the one fighting in the video.

grin grin grin grin grin hehehehe at the cheating video.
Why did she have to call him "a Nigerian stupid bastard" that almost hurt me !!! LOL  cheesy
Re: Nigerians In East London. . . by tpia: 7:58am On Apr 05, 2009

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Baraje Resigns As Chairman, Nigeria Railway Corporation - / EFCC Arrests Justice Ajumogobia's Brother Who Wired $150,000 Into Her Account / Senate Blocks Move To Recognise Kogi As An Oil-producing State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.