Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! (1431 Views)

Biafra: Only Fools Learn From Experience, The Wise From History – Osinbajo / Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition / Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by ecotwins: 11:06am On Sep 04, 2015
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Bayo Adeyinka wrote.
Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments.
A tweet which I saw today stated that "Southerners are only competent when it's time for elections but Northerners are competent in terms of governance" and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:
1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomhole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomhole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina's successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that's why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I'm yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankwaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?
2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no Northerner heading the Ministries and Parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of Certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I'm not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.
3. How come it's easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?
4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila 'incompetent' and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!
5. Southern Leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No Northern Leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.
6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues
counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?
7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.
8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to disrespect Afenifere elders and call them 'Afenifebi' while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our Kings and Priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan?
In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar's perceived support for Jonathan, Northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on Social media while our educated elite also support the act.
These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don't pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot.
The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let's engage our emotional intelligence. Let's not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruction!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by vicadex07(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2015
To yeebos, yorubas are only brave when they are supporting Biafra grin

1 Like

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by LSA: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2015
Well Said. I think we southerners also need to support ourselves more
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2015
Nigerians are suffering because of one major reason - igbos and Yorubas are extremely foolish and have refused to wake up!

4 Likes

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by patrick89(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2015
They will never comment on this thread, it's not against igbos or Ijaws, it also doesn't praise northerners, thesee thee kind of threads they love to see, The perfect slaves!
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by emeka94(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2015
janus05:
Nigerians are suffering because of one major reason - igbos and Yorubas are extremely foolish and have refused to wake up!

seriously is your name Janus or genius?

spot on bro!!
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by TheFreeOne: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2015
Maybe the numbers of southerners that believes in fairness/equity and abhors corruption are more than those in the north. It could also a result of more enlightenment/education.

Corruption shouldn't be encouraged though.

The pic is a typical example of some northerners backing their own.

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by kingofpool: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2015
g
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Lordave: 11:44am On Sep 04, 2015
There might be an element of truth in every accusations a Southerner makes against a fellow, hence, the accused should be properly probed. If the accused losses a position because he was accused of corruption, he should do better to prove to us all that he's actually not corrupt.

However the northerners do theirs is their concerns. If the majority illiterate and minority elite Northerners have chosen to turn a blind eye on the corrupt practices of their elected/appointed leaders, it's their business and I don't see anything worth emulating in that, rather I see people who think that their leaders can never do wrong and if they eventually do, Allah sanctioned them to.
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2015
We can all see that it is the Yorubas and their Edo brothers that are accusing other Southerners of being corrupt. From this write-up we can see who's pulling other Southerners down:

Oshiomhole attacked Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Oshiomhole make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina successes.
Ambode tried to pull Fashola down
Tinubu made Tambuwal speaker against Mulikat Akande
Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term
Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town
Obasanjo pardoned Salisu Buhari but gets angry when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha
Obasanjo working hard with foreign elements to extradite Buruji Kashamu
Yorubas disrespect Afenifere elders for supporting Goodluck Jonathan

OP stop lumping Southerners together, South Easterners are very much different from South Westerners. Igbos in particular can be anything under the sun but treachery is not one of our DNA trait. Channel your write-up to the appropriate section of the country that thrives on hate, jealousy and bitterness whenever someone else succeeds.

1 Like

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by jkbee(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
A DIVIDED NATION which some are gullible are benefiting from its rottenness. Making common men to run about aimlessly.
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by chiefmidwife: 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
Op just said my mind
During the electioneering,I was like ss,se and sw should sit down and talk even if gej is nt competent another capable southerner should emerge
But as you can see we hv to live to regret our mistakes forever...
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Alfranco(m): 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheFreeOne:
Maybe the numbers of southerners that believes in fairness/equity and abhors corruption are more than those in the north. It could also a result of more enlightenment/education.

Corruption shouldn't be encouraged though.

The pic is a typical example of some northerners backing their own.
The most corrupt practices carried out unchallenged as of now are up there in their states and LG levels. For instance, talk of ghost workers on pay roll and those who only show up 'once in a month' to reap undeserved salaries, etc. They go away with it 'cos majority of their folks aren't enlightened while we rightly make noise here over the change of our looters.
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by MightySparrow: 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
janus05:

FPP: Foolish Peoples Party bashing themselves on blogs and newspapers.
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Habakus: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
@whoever wrote this article,your advice and suggestions are coming a little too late. So you just realized all these now that Buhari has shown himself to be clearly vindictive and sectional with his mode of appointments? When people were shouting it during GEJ's tenure; calling for southerners to support their own and for Southerners to come together,pretentious myopic folks like you were forming deaf and 'righteous' all of a sudden,and never even believed there was anything like Southerners. Now you've suddenly woken up from your slumber and realized that Southerners should come together? If by Southerners you include folks like you who pulled down GEJ's government and helped to install GMB,then you should shove your message down where the sun doesn't shine. Let peole who gave GMB 95% and those who gave 5% live with the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by tomakint: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
This writer just said the absolute truth especially about the YORUBAS, always messing up themselves openly before every tribes.

2 Likes

Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
Habakus:
@whoever wrote this article,your advice and suggestions are coming a little too late. So you just realized all these now that Buhari has shown himself to be clearly vindictive and sectional with his mode of appointments? When people were shouting it during GEJ's tenure; calling for southerners to support their own and for Southerners to come together,pretentious myopic folks like you were forming deaf and 'righteous' all of a sudden,and never even believed there was anything like Southerners. Now you've suddenly woken up from your slumber and realized that Southerners should come together? If by Southerners you include folks like you who pulled down GEJ's government and helped to install GMB,then you should shove your message down where the sun doesn't shine. Let peole who gave GMB 95% and those who gave 5% live with the consequences.

LOL i thought i was the only one who smelt the coffee. Obviously the OP is a Yoruba man. While his call may seem noble, the funny thing is, the moment he has convinced you to form a Southern alliance and Buhari throws some mediocre appointments their way, he'll leave you in the cold and run along with the Northerners.

Treachery is in their DNA. I'll never trust a Yoruba man's allegiance.
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
huangcheng:

LOL i thought i was the only one who smelt the coffee. Obviously the OP is a Yoruba man. While his call may seem noble, the funny thing is, the moment he has convinced you to form a Southern alliance and Buhari just throws some mediocre appointments their way, he'll leave you in the cold and run along with the North.

U sabi
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Bialegend(m): 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
huangcheng:
We can all see that it is the Yorubas and their Edo brothers that are accusing other Southerners of being corrupt. From this write-up we can see who's pulling other Southerners down:

Oshiomhole attacked Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Oshiomhole make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina successes.
Ambode tried to pull Fashola down
Tinubu made Tambuwal speaker against Mulikat Akande
Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term
Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town
Obasanjo pardoned Salisu Buhari but gets angry when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha
Obasanjo working hard with foreign elements to extradite Buruji Kashamu
Yorubas disrespect Afenifere elders for supporting Goodluck Jonathan

OP stop lumping Southerners together, South Easterners are very much different from South Westerners. Igbos in particular can be anything under the sun but treachery is not one of our DNA trait. Channel your write-up to the appropriate section of the country that thrives on hate, jealousy and bitterness whenever someone else succeeds.
Spot on bro!! Nothing else to add, you have said it all. They know you have hit the point.
Re: Read The Wise Submission Of A Brave Yoruba Man!! by Bialegend(m): 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
huangcheng:

LOL i thought i was the only one who smelt the coffee. Obviously the OP is a Yoruba man. While his call may seem noble, the funny thing is, the moment he has convinced you to form a Southern alliance and Buhari throws some mediocre appointments their way, he'll leave you in the cold and run along with the Northerners.

You know them very well. Woe betide any group in the south that forms alliance with the yorrobers. Tufiakwa!!

(1) (Reply)

After Forced Confession, Teenager Faces Death By Crucifixion. In Saudi Arabia / Picture Gone Wrong : Buhari Pictured Laughing While Giedam Town Was Under Attack / List Of Ministers Without Portifolios And Their State Of Origin.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.