Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Religious Ethics And My Situation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Ethics And My Situation (1393 Views)

Ethics Vs Morality an Ex Muslims Perspective / The Ethics Of Doing Vs. Allowing Sin / Harm; Murder As A Special Case. / Meta-ethics: The Nature And Origins Of Good And Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2006
religious ethics revisited
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2006
my sitiation now is because of my quest for better understanding for humanity my tiolet/bathroom collapsed,
phone swicth off with the exception of broadband internet that i am still using now. 
my land line cut off  and my mobile  phone is now five pounds a call , my bill say i only owe fifty five pounds.
Flat about to be reposessed because of high blood pressure that restrict me from my normal duties
for a while on doctors orders.
There is a wedding i don't have money to attend plus caution from the order and evil all around from this collapse toilet with debries that look like it can be transform into a snake with the right photosynthesis,    i wonder where i go wrong and insurance non functional
God help me out  you are the only one i know  and have or can have.
if this is all the religious adherance i wonder where the end of the line is ,where no one can be disturb.

Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 5:31am On Oct 06, 2006
Zap,

I don't get the connection between the title of this thread and your penury,

Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 5:51am On Oct 10, 2006
the clear line is my bro you either aspire to be a good or bad person and eventually you fall into
a category either in psycology or phylosophy of being a good or bad person this does'nt have
to be a social label but anything social is still the work of god.For any human to be a good human with good attitude even though we aspire to  be good most of the time requires some further aspiration into older humans
that can end being a disapointment if you don't use you own accord/spirit to judge others.
the general ethical foundation is all about good tidings and morals in any form of relationship and application.
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2006
I'm not sure philosophy uses 'good or bad" per se,

According to the bible or rather more specifically - Jesus: no one is good except god,
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2006
how about the foundation of our moral values?
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2006
Moral values are fickle. Hence the reason why law makers and the public change them - or if you prefer amend them.

92% of modern laws are based on cultures that preceded them - one can trace Sumer, Africa, Asia and the Middle East with Laws that predated judaism yet christianity will claim quite wrongly that the bible is the foundation of morality. How can that be so when on one hand the bible says sleep with your dead brothers wife (Onan) or seduce a man (the book of Ruth), what morality do we have here except Gain. Apart from the 613 directives borne from the Israelite Nomadic tribe- there are no other morals sane or otherwise in the bible.

Each culture has a set of universal laws however: every foundation of law and morals are set by society and as i opined earlier- they are changeable. This includes individual moral compasses.
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2006
to sleep with a dead brother wife in its modern context is not ethical by that you are getting involve
in a relationship that is not progressive and will affect your clearity of spiritual purpose and awareness.
religion in sync with what i know or in its modernist context is not to control or posses but to
undestand worship and get close to god in its wholeness or to put in a simplictic term the moon
and earth or neptune and venus can't sleep with one another and give earth its norishment from the information we all know about the universe but they still have a unique relationship with one another
even in their deep thougths.gallelio from greece that formulated a lot of planetarian names in its purest
forms did not mention any kind of similarity in composition except some stars.
so bro i wouldnt know how to breakdown what goes on among the pigmies kingdom in the polar regions of the world or what goes on nearest to the sun with movement that have been develop or
modify to sustain us and other creatures.
the pre historic theses of the bible has already testify to an earlier order of existence so its just the power of
knowing and understanding and clearity that will deliver all creatures, the hypotheses that the moon and the earth may have broken off from one another is still not plausible in light on all the mordern
contemporary form like four eclips since 1999 till present all this apocalipse are in the bible french
mythologies greek myths and a whole lot of holy expressionism of movements.

Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2006
i see,

You do realise that regardless of the contents in the bible nothing has come true? People who use the bible use it as a crutch because they think that poring over the revised and re-edited pages of it they will find god.

The stars as you said have a relationship with each other only in so far that if one planet is destroyed or some how shifted from its path around the sun - like a house of cards they all fall down- a scenario i wouldn't wish to experience.

Apocalypse: contrived- especially in this day and age. Sine the dawn of time when humanity learned to articulate and express thought: religion has always had some kind of doomsday scenario because the ancients knew that one day our planet would die.

Picture taken from London?
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2006
the planet will not die fear hear is only for the dying the whole world can die the planet will not die
bro think of the composition.
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2006
Zap - all things come to an end and yet with every ending there is always a new beginning.
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2006
you have a point bro but this ethical analogy is for managing  an order that cannot function
without it constant downturns in its historical entirerety.
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 12:15am On Oct 11, 2006
you have a point bro but this ethical analogy is for managing  an order that cannot function
without it constant downturns in its historical entirerety.
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by CICO: 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2006
i dont really understand what he is on about?
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2006
Christianity is based on immorality: it has no ethics whatsoever. Its foundations are deciet, incest, and murder. lol some ethics
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Wumine(f): 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Zappking
You are wierd! what are u talking about in simple english?

@MIZIEYA what?
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2006
Wumine,

adam and eve commited incestuous relationship with their sons abel cain and seth who committed incest with their daughters, all factual. Abraham and Sarah- sarah became pharoah's lover whilst still married to abraham - claiming she was abrahams sister,

Clearly these and many similar stories are classified by christians as being ethical. I clearly do not agree with the christian consensus- on the other hand mohammed like yhwh had sex with an under aged girl-

Unless of course you were refering to something else with those unsmilie faces?
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2006
i don't think xtianity want us to LOT any religiuos characters or religiuos patriach's, than to be self righteous, the old races of cultures made some mistakes and GOD made them scapegoats before
they die,[/color] virtue is a modern language.[color=#550000][color=#550000][/color]
Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by MIZIEYA: 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2006
I agree- every cultures religion with its Gods and Goddesses had flaws- representing human characteristics all too close for comfort.

But then, in saying that, only the Patriarchal religions inisted that their belief systems were true and everyone elses false. Which is a doctrine that christianity and islam both propogate in this day and age. After all: only islam and christianity have appointed themselves as holy, quite telling about an insecure bunch of masons and an islamic religion that made spirituality and the supernatural illegal,

Re: Religious Ethics And My Situation by Zappking: 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2006
our clear as far as our quest for ethical exellence is concern is to be simple in application
simple in purpose and understanding of the human race.Basically our theology requires a simplistic
approach to our concensus.the more superior you are the more probably complicated your
dogma is.feminist bible is a good example.
don't miss time essence bros.

(1) (Reply)

Baby 'starved To Death By Religious Cult Leaders For Failing To Say "amen" / Christians Now Think That They Have Control Over Weather Events / Tokyo Reinstated As Nurtw Chairman: Beginning Of The End For Gov Akala ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.