Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Does God Talk to People? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does God Talk to People? (12009 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Some Things That Attract Demons To People / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does God Talk to People? by dominobaby(f): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2006
He talks to us in so many ways as people have said. However, when He becomes ur Lord n Saviour, and u read ur bible consistently, then kismat, ryder, u don't need nobody to tel u He speaks to us. Don't say there's nothing for God to tel u, there are a LOT of things.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by kimba(m): 3:43am On Apr 24, 2006
@Greatpeter
God talks to people in many ways.

1) Through His word (the holy bible) - Logos.
2) Through revelation by the spirit of God- Rhema
3) Through dream.
4) Also trance is one of the ways.

Yup you're right!!!
let me add
5) through your conscience - this was Gods first avenue to communicate with man. However, many people's consciences are today "seared with a hot-iron" that they cannot hear God speak. Many have deadened their consciences as a result of unbridled sin and deafness to the Spirit.
6) Through prayer - genuine prayer.
7) Through his present day messengers, you have to be careful though, there are a whole lot of fakers, messengers who were not sent, messengers without a message from God.
cool There is no absolute way God speaks to man(Sinner or saint). It depends on your relationship with God and the state of your heart. Its like this:some kids need to be spanked before "getting the picture", others need "plain man to man talk".

A proof of God speaking to you is to double-check whatever you think God is saying with His word. He will never tell you to do anything that would result in disobedience to the Bible
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by kimba(m): 4:05am On Apr 24, 2006
@kismat
My point (not argument) is that God has nothing to talk to us about. Through the prophets we have received his message and it is up to us to read (seek knowledge) and worship him accordingly. What you claim to be God talking to you is  nothing but conscious guiding you during your decision making process.

I disagree with your point. You should have said it like this: "God has nothing to talk to me about", specifying only yourself. For you to go around with your belief as stated above, that God speaks to no one, is for me to I conclude you don't believe in God in the first place, neither do you believe in His Word, the Bible, because its the Word of God, and it contains what God has to say.

The truth is God has something to tell you, its you that doesnt have a listening ear, and thats where the problem is. Yes, the prophets have revealed the message, Yes, they have passed it down to us, however, the application of a message in my life might quite differ from the application in another persons life. God might definitely have a message for me that you don't need to know about, so He'll speak to me.

and, I find this verrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy quite proud of you to say?
ok guys, what does your talking God tell you that we don't already know? 
"How many of you" are you talking about? Whats your number? whats the rank? can you do battle with God? Does your group know everything - methinks you know nothing yet, you know what they call "omni-nothings". You know what: If you claim to know already whatever God is telling anybody, then you're placing yourself at par with God. I believe you know where Lucifer is now, he was cast out of Heaven becoz of pride.

And besides, as you could make the address "your talking God", I reaffirm my position that you have no regard for God at all. Ok fine, i take you up on that, my God is talking, your own god keeps his mouth shut, methinks you're some Idol worshipper bowing down before make-shift gods of wood and stone. Thats why they don't talk, isnt it, and in this age of technology, you could put some devices, microphones in there, and let it go wireless!!  grin grin grin

Ezekiel 3:27bBut when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says.' Whoever will listen let him listen, and whoever will refuse let him refuse; for they are a rebellious house.

get that?  cheesy
Let God be True and all others be Liars!!
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by femib26(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2007
Mt 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

For you to understand or hear HIM you must first belong to Him.The only WAY is 2ro JESUS.'Ye shall know the truth and the truth we make you free'[b][/b].

God still speak to HIS own.Take it or not.

He speaks through 1) the bible, 2ro the holy spirit,2ro the holy spirit, 2ro people around you as well.but, you must KNOW HIM before u recongnise HIS voice. Nobody knows your father's voice more than U.

God still speak to people.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Kuns: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2007
By the way why would God choose a name that when you spell it from right to left will give you Dog, knowing that there are people who read from right to left like the Aramic Hebrewa and Arabic.

A Dog is a man's best friend, and we know those people who love their dogs more than they love people, even you black people.

Our ancestors are our true creators, because we a the sum total of all our ancestors.

Our ancestors talk to us through our DNA, by sending messages to us from the etheric realm through our very DNA.
The bible grabs this and says the kingdom of god is in you.

In our DNA we have many ancestors, some of this is dormant. Four generation are easily assessible that is from our parents to our great gran parents.

to be continued ,

the beginning ,
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by mnwankwo(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
Kuns,
The DNA is the blue print or template for the physical body. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs and faiths.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Ahmedolasheu: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
Yes it happen but only for the people that have a clean heart.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by solomon111(m): 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
God speaks audibly,to a very small percentage of people in the world today.
Not many people can pay the price needed, for God to speak to them.
SAD INDEED!
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by LogicMind: 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2012
he spoke to me last night. said he's bored and misses lucifer. i think he's gay but not ready to come out yet.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Toluk1(f): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
Weda u bliv it or nt God speaks. Ask God 2 speak 2 u & He Will.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by pastormustwacc: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
Nay, he might not hear, he has stopped his ears.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 24, 2012
I will tell u how God spoke to me. I was undecided on whether or not to work for my church and told d department leader that I won't work. I then went to the side of the room to think and was making excuses to God in my mind. Then I saw w Sunday school book left by a church student on a shelf and randomly opened it to around the middle page. On that page was written " why people refuse to answer the call to service" . I did not read further. i changed my mind immediately and joined the church workforce.
Re: How Does God Talk to People? by OME1(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2012
God truly speaks...just open up your mind and spiritual ears to hear him..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Bad People Burn In Hell? / The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians / My First Encounter With A Mermaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.