Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term (673 Views)

I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by MT: 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2009
I feel Oyo state lawmakers deserve to be stoned !. With massive rigging and looting of the treasury going on in the state, they still have the gut to endorse this bleaching governor for the second term.

When will Amala politics end in this historical state embarassed

source : http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/breaking_news/article01

23 Oyo lawmakers endorse Akala for second term

The 23 PDP members of the Oyo State House of Assembly have endorsed Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala for a second term in office. The House Majority Leader, Mr. Samuel Adejumobi, disclosed this at a reception to mark Alao-Akala's recent victory at the Court of Appeal, Ibadan. "What we do know is that God has appointed you to govern the state and we pray that nothing will stop your coming for the second term. We have jointly christened you as `Ilufemiloye' of the state to lead us beyond 2011,'' Adejumobi told the governor. While thanking the lawmakers for their gesture, Alao-Akala assured the people that his administration would continue to touch their lives positively. "I am very grateful to the Assembly members for this reception. It came as a surprise to me. _I am also grateful for endorsing me for a second term in office but it can only be possible when the people in your constituency can testify that we have performed up to expectation,'' he said. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that lawmakers from opposing political parties were also at the reception.
Re: 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by mustafar1: 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2009
roflmao!
Re: 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by iReport: 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2009
23 Oyo lawmakers endorse Akala for second term
The 23 PDP members of the Oyo State House of Assembly have endorsed Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala for a second term in office. The House Majority Leader, Mr. Samuel Adejumobi, disclosed this at a reception to mark Alao-Akala's recent victory at the Court of Appeal, Ibadan. "What we do know is that God has appointed you to govern the state and we pray that nothing will stop your coming for the second term. We have jointly christened you as `Ilufemiloye' of the state to lead us beyond 2011,'' Adejumobi told the governor. While thanking the lawmakers for their gesture, Alao-Akala assured the people that his administration would continue to touch their lives positively. "I am very grateful to the Assembly members for this reception. It came as a surprise to me. _I am also grateful for endorsing me for a second term in office but it can only be possible when the people in your constituency can testify that we have performed up to expectation,'' he said. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that lawmakers from opposing political parties were also at the reception
Did you see PDP there?. There is nothing weird about a party supporting their own governor. The report would have been appalling if all the lawmakers irrespective of party affiliation endorsed him for the 2nd term.
Re: 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by blacksta(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2009
How can they all forget all the goodies. THe large bags going in and out
Re: 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by MT: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2009

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that lawmakers from opposing political parties were also at the reception

@ireport,

That quoted line in the report is my fear. At the blink of an eye, you will be hearing "decamping" story. Seems the opposition don compromise angry
Re: 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by asha80(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2009
Land of amala politics grin
Re: 23 Oyo Lawamakers Endorsed Akala For Second Term by bawomolo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2009
"I am very grateful to the Assembly members for this reception. It came as a surprise to me. _I am also grateful for endorsing me for a second term in office but it can only be possible when the people in your constituency can testify that we have performed up to expectation,'' he said.

indeed, who is this clown fooling?

(1) (Reply)

Death Robs Africa Of A Great Nigerian Scholar And Panafricanist. / Niger Delta: How The Government Start It All Wrong And Still Doing It Wrong. / Job Opportunity: Kidnappers Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.