Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? (795 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / The Meaning Of "KOWA" - KOWA Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by toltee4real: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dear Nairalander, pls what is the real meaning of BIAFRA? I have asked so many southeasterner around me, no solid answer, pls really want to know?
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by cheruv: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Biko umu Igbo niile unu abiala n'eri a oo angry
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by myqel(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ask Nnamdi Kanu undecided
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by adebayo10977(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Biafra can be defined as imagination dat some nairaland scum bag is agitating for because dy felt dy Ar been marginalized but which cannot come into reality.
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
most you know everything?

leave Biafra alone.
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by akpumping7720(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ojukwu and one Ijaw man would have been the best persons to answer this your question but unfortunately they are late! And most of the kids(I.e the poster above me) on Nairaland doesn't even know anything about BIAFRA, but they are supporting a course which they don't know the Genesis but only heard of the stories. Stories that was passed to them by their parents who felt cheated and marginalized in Nigeria political setting. Though little is known about the literal meaning of Biafra. But the name was given by an Ijaw man. It was formally known as 'Bight of Biafra'
But From what I can deduce:
BIA means 'Come'
The 'FRA' part I don't know
Re: Please What Is The Meaning Of Biafra? by wecan: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
BIA is Igbo language that means "COME" FRA means "JOIN" if you have an aged true Igbo man at home. He will explain it to you too.

NIGERIA is a name you should be ashamed of because it has no meaning of anything here in Africa. A white man just discovered your village and called you a nigar or niger which is so abusive word they uses for black people, very annoying and from there he used that word to make a name for your country and call you a Nigar-ian or Niger-ian. You guys are fools.

We are Biafrans. The white man can't make a name for me and force me to answer it.

(1) (Reply)

DSS Plan To Kidnap A’ibom Gov / DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees / APC Govs On Assets: We Won’t Follow Buhari’s Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.