Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo (22202 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari & Osinbajo Smiling Before His Departure To London / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form / Fear Of Arrest: Politicians Lobby CCB To Rectify Declaration Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Sveen: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party has called on President
Muhammadu Buhari and his deputy, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, to release copies of their assets declaration forms submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

It describes as “a deceptive window-dressing to hoodwink unsuspecting Nigerians” the release, by an aide of the President, “of a mere list of some belongings of President Buhari and Osinbajo, in place of the pledge made to Nigerians by the President as
candidate of the All Progressives Congress.”

It said Buhari made the pledge on March 18, 2015, at exactly 5 pm.
The party recalled that the President, in his own words, had stated to Nigerians that, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liability and also encourage my political appointees to publicly declare their assets and liability.”

The PDP however said it had observed that President Buhari and his deputy failed to produce copies of their declarations, detailing the exact nature and value of respective assets.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, in a statement in Abuja on Friday, said “the release of a mere list of belongings falls short of credibility, transparency and anti-corruption standards as well as exposes the proclivity of the present administration for
deception.”

“We have noted the release of a flimsy list of belongings of President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo by the Presidency, who want such to pass as the public declaration of assets as pledged by the President. Nigerians are not deceived by this poor
attempt at window-dressing designed by the Presidency to hoodwink the unsuspecting populace in a desperate bid to shore up its diminished image.

“We ask, is the resort to a mere list, instead of true copies of the declaration, not a ploy to give the Presidency a window for denial in consonance with their widely observed inclination for flip-flopping, back tracking and brazen denials of their statements and
actions?”

The statement also said, “All we want is credibility, integrity and sincerity of purpose. We are not questioning how a President, who by December last year, declared that he had only N1 million in his
account, could suddenly now list N30 million in the same bank account by May 29, and after an expensive campaign; we are not yet demanding the public declaration of his assets in his wife’s name.

“We are not even applauding the multiplication of his cows from 150 to 250 in a space of three months, arising from his dual and conflicting pronouncements on this issue.”

He said what the PDP and discerning Nigerians were demanding was for the President to always stand by his words and pledge.

“Mr. President, this is a mere list of your belongings and not a public declaration of assets in fulfillment of your covenant with Nigerians,” Metuh added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/present-your-assets-declaration-forms-pdp-tells-buhari-osinbajo/

Cc. Lalasticlala

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by mmafhew(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ftc...

I dedicate this land. To my belove ayinde abiodun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by mmafhew(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
Anytin apc do. Pdp will neva agree.. Agents of d devil

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
. . . . . . . . .the PDP is truly a drowning party, what are they barking about here? . . . . . . . . . .a party whose leader's response to asset declaration was "I don't give a damn" is now making demands? grin grin . . . . . . . .abeg, tell me something else grin grin

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by homerac7: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is silly!

Did GEJ tender any ? By the way, isn't GEJ supposed to also declare his asset at close of his tenure too as demanded by the law? When are they going to talk about that or is that not much more time bound that this their rabble rousing ?

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by MISSNORA(f): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
In the fullness of time

5 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Abugab(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
I have been expecting this from the wailing party-PDP and as expected they will never fail to act their usual selves.
Have they forgotten the road to CCB to get the forms for asset declaration by Buhari and Osinbajo and thus make a confirmation? How many paper evidence did they produce in their 16 years of misrule?
PDP's inexperience in playing opposition is too glaring and is gradually sinking them into oblivion.
My sincere advice to them is to merge with other parties and they need to do that fast.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by biafransoul: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
I dey with PDP on this one. Please mall am Shehu, where is the certified copy of the asset declaration form.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
Just like Jonathan did Abi?
You don't know road to the CCB?
Who else thinks Metuh should decleare too

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
I hate buhari and APC with my body and soul

Just that Nigerians are so gullible

No wonder they still live in abject poverty

Come to Australia and see world class politics

World class government

God bless Australia

God bless Niger Delta

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by dave2meek(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Apc scam...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
These pdp guys no sabi do opposition at all .... smh for democracy

14 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Joejonah(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
PDP is becoming talkative these days.

22 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Now the wailing continues

8 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by SpotlezDonald25(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lol
Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by realone2012: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
After presenting the forms, they will ask for the pen they used to fill the form, after presenting that too, they will ask for chairs and tables they sat on whilst filling the form and the wailing goes on and on........
Please, we need better opposition party, PDP has completely lost it. Next pls!!

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Aminat508(f): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
A

1 Like

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
And d wailing continues...PDP!!! una even gree declare anything at all? Now somebody is laying precedence and correcting all GEJ errors you people are complaining...

9 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
Did u ask your "hero" to do the same?

7 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
[b][/b]No Mind Them.
mtcheew

in other news

CHUBBY IS VERY BUSYNo Mind Them.
mtcheew

in other news

CHUBBY IS VERY BUSY
No Mind Them.
mtcheew

in other news

CHUBBY IS VERY BUSY

1 Like

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by dexonMart(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
ok
Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by autotrader014(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
APC and lies, is like bread and butter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by braine(m): 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
Jobless PDP

9 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by princechurchill(m): 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
hahahaahahahahah the funniest part is the rapid mulltiplication of his cows are they undergoing spiritual metamorphosis

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by egift(m): 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
Say the very same PDP that said they Don't Give A Dam about assets declaration. PDP should hide their face in shame.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
The party call pdp have lost it.

Yea! He has 1m in his account as at Dec last year.
Have they forgotten that he (Buhari) is a former head of state?

What about their leader who was asked to declare his assets, and all he has to say was "I don't give a damn".

Finally, pdp should go for the crash course offer by Lia Muhammed on how to play an opposition.
It's free of charge!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Gejpresident:
I hate buhari and APC with all my strength

Just that Nigerians are so gullible

No wonder they still live in adject poverty

Come to Australia and see world class politics

World class government

God bless Australia

God bless Niger Delta

Unfortunately for you, he remains our president till 2019

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by mytime24(f): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Una nver chi cho chi

1 Like

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Eneze1(f): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
What else does PDP want? Can they please allow this people to focus on delivering their promises to Nigerians

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Smooyis(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
We surely need vibrant opposition to keep Apc on their toes. However, I think the pdp should for in this case bury their heads in shame coming from a regime in which their party leader once said he owed nobody any explanation as regards asset declaration. Where were they when such was going on. They were all on a mute mode. I expected them to issue a statement urging the legislators and other political office holders to follow in the footsteps of Mr president and his vice.

Let it be known to them that the extent Pmb and his deputy Osinbajo have gone is really inspiring to many of us, because it's something we have never had in this part of the globe in the past . We never had it so good.

They deserve our commendation and not vilification.

17 Likes

Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by agarawu23(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Present Your Assets Declaration Forms, PDP Tells Buhari, Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Jaymaxxy:

Unfortunately for you, he remains our president till 2019
how are so sure?

Go and ask musa yaradua

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have No Apology For Supporting The Ejection Of Jonathan From Office - Sowore / Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari / Update From Ongoing Ekwulobia Flyover By Anambra Government (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.