Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? (744 Views)

Nigeria Hit By Oil Misfortunes - Buhari / Prince Eke To Igbos Blame Yourselves For Your Failure. / Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by princdebola201(m): 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
I came across igbos they re quick to blame others for their misfortunes, it's a shame how others will belittle another to feel good about themselves-I often wonder if they get a high or feel better when they belittle blame others?

It's easier to blame others for your shortcomings than it is to take responsibility for them. It's easier to blame than admit you're not that good. It's easier to blame than it is to improve. It's easier to blame than face your own reality.

It's childish and immature to blame others who influenced you in the past for your lack of success today. Maybe you were a victim back then and had no choice in the matter, but now you have the power to take control, accept responsibility and change the things you are not happy with in your life.

Taking responsibility for your life is scary, no doubt. It places a big bulls eye on your ego, and exposes your ego to *shudder* failure. When you accept responsibility for your life it means that every single success and failure is because of your actions, and this very fact is often what causes people to keep the ‘victim' mentality for so long. As a ‘victim', your failures are never your fault, they are always caused by others and allows your ego to feel safe behind a wall of lies.

It takes guts and courage to take responsibility for your own actions, to stop hiding behind the ‘victim' mentality that keeps you safe from the reality that the reason your life sucks is because of you.

But at the same time, when you take responsibility for your life, you begin to grow mentally and spiritually in a way like you never have before. When you take action to improve the areas of your life that you're not happy with, all the progress and all the success belongs to you. You're earning your right to live, to really be alive and make the most of life.

So I'm asking you, no I'm COMMANDING you… from today onwards, to stop blaming others and to take full control of your life. Be true to your heart and desires. If you're unhappy with an area of your life, take action to change it. No more hidin' behind that ‘victim' mentality This article is to help you Flat heads to get rid of the ‘'victim''

mentality. To help you get rid of the fact that you think that your life sucks because other people make your life suck.
Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by funmijoyb(f): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by Abugab(m): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
They are bulk passers.
Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
princdebola201:

It takes someone with an Empty skull to recognise another...
U re better off financially yet ur erosion land looks like a dungeon

U re better off financially none of ur flat head brothers makes up 1 to 3 richest in africa

U re better off financially but folorunsho alakija can buy the whole south east region

U re better off financially ur brothers pushing drugs to asia for survival ,this year alone more than 10 flats head have faced firing squad

u re better off financially all ur flat head brothers troop into south west even with boko haram menace in north ur brothers still go there for survival

Keep living in self denial when u re suffering in abject poverty ..
Tell me how many igbos businessman today that make it in ur Cursed Land..?

Instead they ran away, like ekenedili is packing ur flat head brothers like sardines to south west everyday
Ur flat head brothers have being reduced to a level of ass licking Ijaw man a minority tribe in nigeria..

Ur guys re living a miserable life...living like sheeps with no sheperd..
Tell me the politician that is sellable in ur cursed region apart from rochas you guys called mallam
Common ijaw a minority have produced a president despite he is clueless..

You should be ashamed of ur miserable live and pray to God to remove the curse placed on ur tribe by tafa balewa

Go and put ur shanty house in order and stop washing ur dirty rags outside u miserable descendant of cursed tribe from erosion ravaged land of Biafra

princdebola201, you had the guts to brag against Igbos. You and your Yoruba tribe should be ashamed of yourselves for dare comparing Igbos with Yorubas.  

You should be ashamed of yourselves for being in the habit of using other regions to shield your cowardly mien. It's shameful that a typical Yoruba person cannot make his stand known without dragging some other tribes along. If it is not distorting history, it is ass-licking your slave masters by propagating lies of how your slave masters have always been peace-loving and accommodative and that it is the Igbos who provoke their host! Yet the Christian minorities and other Southerners in the North and in the Middle-belt continue to be maltreated and relegated to the background.
It is so disgusting and pathetic already!

You mentioned curse, what kind of curse are you referring to?
Is it the curse Alaafin of Oyo placed on the young braggard, Bode Thomas, for arrogantly insulting his office? Bode Thomas barked and barked like a dog till he kicked the bucket! Is that not the same way many Yorubas are barking on Igbo matter?

Is it the curse that made your god, Awolowo, to die in a miserable way?

Is it the curse that made your warrior, Benjamin Adekunle, a.k.a the Black Scorpion, to eat his own excrement before he chose death in 2014? The was same Adekunle who mocked the pope, Red Cross, Caritas, World Council of Churches, UN etc.

What about your Field Marshall, MKO Abiola, who sunk containers of Christian materials and paid off the importer just to impress his slave masters in the North? Was it not this atrocious deed amongst many others that brought curse upon him which led him to his Waterloo? 

So, what curse are you referring to? 
Is it the curse on your slave masters or yourself? 

Despite Awolowo’s free education, is the South-West not the worst hit by illiteracy in the South? 
Whose region is being ravaged by internationally acclaimed drug peddlers, high-profile assassinations, frequent ritual-killings and treasury lootings?

Whose region is being ravaged by carnage, blood letting, terrible and strange diseases, abject poverty and penury?

I'm just trying to be as modest as possible with my choice of words. 

Let's go down memory lane.

After the civil war, your god, Awolowo, defrauded the Igbo Nation, robbing her of her enormous wealth and transferring same to you parasites. As the Finance Minister, Awo, gave a paltry £20 to Igbo men who proved they had an account in the bank. That was all the Igbo man started life with!

And in 1971/72 Awo and his criminal gang colluded and issued the indigenisation decree which compelled the British companies to give up ownership of their companies.
With the stolen money from Igbo men's sweat at their disposal Yorubas in conjunction with their Northern co-travellers were able to acquire the companies in Nigeria.

Igbos started life from ground zero after the civil war with just £20, with their lands devastated, farmlands destroyed, markets destroyed, schools levelled, hospitals broken-down, with hunger ravaging her people and the children at the mercy of  kwashiorkor. Inspite of these debilitating factors Igbos being a resilient people exerted themselves and within a short while they are at the top, competiting only with themselves.

As if the bank robbery was not enough and inspite of the 3Rs strategy mapped out to rehabilitate the Eastern region, Gowon and the subsequent regimes diverted the crude oil revenue from the East to develop Lagos State into a mega-city. And here you are bragging about same Lagos cum SW. Is Lagos State your father's land? Common migrants making noise as if they own Lagos. FYI, Lagos was built with the blood and sweat of every ethnic group in Nigeria! Take it or leave it! Nigeria or no Nigeria, you and your ilks CAN NOT do ANYTHING about it!

So far the Igbos have done well for themselves. The Igbos now boast of the best middle class, the most educated, the most enterprising, the most ambitious, goal getters and achievers.

Igbos survived the policy of strangulation imposed on them them by Gowon and Awolowo. And they are still surmounting some other criminal policies put in place by the criminal gang to checkmate the progress of the Igbos - quota system, federal character, admission catchment areas in schools, cut off marks for admission, fraudulent census figure, false voters register, lopsided local government areas and the likes.  

And now Igbos are more than equal to the Yorubas and their co-travellers who were bequeathed with Nigeria's wealth on a plater of gold. The criminal gang acquired virtually all oil wells. They cornered over 85% of the oil wells as their prize for the war they prosecuted against the Eastern region.

princdebola201, and you're here comparing yourself with that same man you robbed his wealth; the same people who would need to get higher scores than the Yorubas to gain admission into schools.

Just by being Igbo by birth, Igbo standards have become too high even amongst themselves, but that has not made them lose heart and in fact it brought out the best out of them. 

Inspite of the tortuous journey the Igbo man passed/passes through to achieve success the criminal system in place and the gang will not allow the Igbo man be. The gang is bitter and angry at the success of the Igbo man, that they use any given opportunity at their disposal to remind Igbos that they are the ones who accommodated them and therefore they should abide by their dictates, whims and caprices, including being coerced to vote the candidate of the host's choice in election.
But the Igbo man's resolve remains strong.

And you are here boasting of Folorunso Alakija who acquired her wealth from the commonwealth, from the crude oil in another man's backyard! It's a shame!

Before the 1967-70 civil war, an average Yoruba man did not measure up to the ever industrious Igboman. Even in the South-West Igbos were in the lead. Igbos were the first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, the first VC of the University of Lagos and the first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology in the South-West; the police was run by an Igbo IG; the military as a professional institution was run by brilliant Igbos; the first president of Nigeria and the first military ruler of Nigeria.

Nigeria economy assumed a downward trend when the gang acquired all Nigerian companies by virtue of indigenization decree of 1972. But they could not manage the companies instead they ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the companies - that was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! The swindlers indeed bastardized the Nigerian economy. 
And to divert attention from their ineptitude and crass looting of the treasury they would use illogical reasoning to attempt to bamboozle other people while pointing accusing fingers elsewhere!

After more than 40 years, despite the stolen wealth, the respective regions of the criminal gang cannot be said to be transformed and be one of the enviest in the world. None of their cities could be likened to, say the least, Johannesburg!

With all the disadvantages Igbos faced and still face they rose from grass to grace and you are not even ashamed to compare them with treasury looters. 

It's not how far but how well!

Time shall tell...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by glassjar1: 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
princdebola201:
I came across igbos they re quick to blame others for
their misfortunes, it's a
shame how others will belittle another to feel
good about themselves-I often wonder if they
get a high or feel better when they belittle
blame others?

It's easier to blame others for your
shortcomings than it is to take responsibility
for them. It's easier to blame than admit
you're not that good. It's easier to blame than
it is to improve. It's easier to blame than face
your own reality.

It's childish and immature to blame others who
influenced you in the past for your lack of
success today. Maybe you were a victim back
then and had no choice in the matter, but now
you have the power to take control, accept
responsibility and change the things you are
not happy with in your life.

Taking responsibility for your life is scary, no
doubt. It places a big bulls eye on your ego, and
exposes your ego to *shudder* failure. When
you accept responsibility for your life it means
that every single success and failure is because
of your actions, and this very fact is often what
causes people to keep the ‘victim' mentality for
so long. As a ‘victim', your failures are never
your fault, they are always caused by others
and allows your ego to feel safe behind a wall
of lies.

It takes guts and courage to take responsibility
for your own actions, to stop hiding behind the
‘victim' mentality that keeps you safe from the
reality that the reason your life sucks is
because of you.

But at the same time, when you take
responsibility for your life, you begin to grow
mentally and spiritually in a way like you never
have before. When you take action to improve
the areas of your life that you're not happy
with, all the progress and all the success
belongs to you. You're earning your right to
live, to really be alive and make the most of
life.

So I'm asking you, no I'm COMMANDING you…
from today onwards, to stop blaming others
and to take full control of your life. Be true to
your heart and desires. If you're unhappy with
an area of your life, take action to change it. No
more hidin' behind that ‘victim' mentality
This article is to help you Flat heads to get rid of the
‘'victim''

mentality. To help you get rid of the fact that
you think that your life sucks because other
people make your life suck.

EMPTY DAFT PRECONDITION BRAIN DRAIN MAGGOTS DECAYING WITHIN HIS STINKING BRAIN . cool

AMALA BABBOON cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by glassjar1: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
princdebola201:
blame others?

your own reality.

of lies.

because of you.

life.

‘'victim''

EMPTY DAFT PRECONDITION BRAIN DRAIN MAGGOTS DECAYING WITHIN HIS STINKING BRAIN . cool

AMALA BABBOON cheesy amala prostate amala publishers amala cancer amala toxic waste grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by yanabasee(m): 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Sai baba
Sai Dauran-slow poke
Sai I wail pass you
Sai naija on one chance
Sai I will probe the probables
Sai I have lied and will keep lying
Sai I be hypocrite
Sai I corrupt pass GEJ
Sai Amaechi cannot be probe
Sai Atiku is a saint
Sai Tinubu no sabi play politics
Sai OBJ is Allah's grandchild.
Sai tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by Sandydayz(f): 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
Seun pls do sumtin bout this tribal hate...
Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
princdebola201:
blame others?

your own reality.

of lies.

because of you.

life.

‘'victim''

igbos can never blame u for their misfortunes because all igbos are better Dan u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Blame Others For Their Misfortunes..? by Cooleasy(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
A thread like this is utterly needless. The history of Nairaland shows that what it could lead to, is very predictable and negative. Haven't we had enough of this kind of things? Haven't we seen enough blood? Please, stop this and let's do constructive discussions.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Boils, Vice Chairman Resigns / Prepare For Austerity, APC Tells Osun Peopleseptember 19, 2015: Olufemi Makinde / Fulani In S-west Disagree With Afenifere Over Keep-off Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.