Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Therapist Warns To Save Your Marriage Unfriend Your Facebook Partner. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Therapist Warns To Save Your Marriage Unfriend Your Facebook Partner. (381 Views)

Jaaruma, Nigeria's Highest Paid Sex Therapist, Bags N10,000,000 Deal (Photos) / “FIA”: Davido Shades Caroline Danjuma & Police In New Song: "Save Your Drama" / Rosaline Meurer Produces "The Therapist's Therapy", Her First Movie As Producer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Therapist Warns To Save Your Marriage Unfriend Your Facebook Partner. by kolinton1: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2015
The comments were made by New York-based therapist, Ian Kerner. He claims it can put the mystery and spark back into your relationship

Views go against the widely-held opinion that couples should be open with each other about their social media activity

Couples who delete each other on Facebook are more likely to stay together, according to relationship expert Ian Kerner.

The New York-based therapist claims that unfriending your significant other on social media can put the spark back into a relationship.

Even better, he says, people should delete their Facebook accounts entirely to free up more time to spend with their partners.

In a recent interview with PRI, Kerner cited technology and compatibility as the main subjects that keep cropping up in couple's therapy.

He says the use of mobile phones means couples are spending less talking to each other face-to-face, causing miscommunication and arguments.

According to the Pew Research Center, 25 per cent of married or partnered adults who text have texted their partner when they were both home together.

The same number, have felt that their partner was distracted by their mobile phone and eight per cent have had arguments about how much time their partner spends online.

Kerner, who has now deleted his Facebook account, said there were some challenges that arose in his own relationship because of social media.

'I realised for a little while with my own wife that I didn't really want her to be my friend on Facebook,' he told PRI.

CLICK TO COMPLETE THE REPORT[url][/url] http://www.nairaroot.com/to-save-your-marriage-unfriend-facebook-friends/#.Veql0siL3IU

Re: Therapist Warns To Save Your Marriage Unfriend Your Facebook Partner. by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2015
very correct
Re: Therapist Warns To Save Your Marriage Unfriend Your Facebook Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2015
I prefer deleting the account completely, deleting him/her on Facebook sounds more like "do anything you like but don't let me see it"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Easy And Quick Skincare Tips / Promo Sales!!! Hot & Fashionable Bracelets & Wrist Watches From N750 - N2,000 / Iyanya Buys A New Bentley After Abuja Album Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.