Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria (1693 Views)

Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia / Enyeama Snubs Nigeria, Oliseh Downplays Captain's Withdrawal from Tanzania clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
1. Difficult start for Oliseh

As soon as Sunday Oliseh was announced as
Stephen Keshi’s successor, he has been
submerged in a giant wave of optimism and
goodwill. A lot of people – this writer included –
has been genuinely hopeful and excited. Well, it is
not as if all that has evaporated, but this is surely not the start he hoped for. He will have more time
to work on the squad and the results will start
showing soon.

2. Carl I keep your shirt, Vincent?

Amid the inexperience and lack of basic
intelligence in the Eagles squad, debutant Carl
Ikeme managed to stand out and cover himself in
glory. The Wolves goalkeeper, who was called up
to replace the bereaved Vincent Enyeama was a
commanding presence, calm and classy. Ikeme pulled off some nice stops in the second half, when
the Tanzania threatened to shock.

3. Beginning of the end for Haruna

One of the major talking points of the game, was
Oliseh pulling out Haruna Lukman in the 35th
minute of the game. The Anzhi midfielder looked
lethargic prior to that, playing with little or no
energy and enthusiasm. It is one thing to have
ability. It is not thing to use it well. Once again, we saw that the line between arrogance and
confidence is painfully blur. For someone who had
been in the international wilderness for five years,
he should have grabbed this opportunity with
both hands.

4. Emenike, Musa don’t do enough

For a team that was sprinkled with debutants and
a lot of inexperienced heads, the more
experienced players did not come to the party.
Emmanuel Emenike was a bit average and did not
link up play as well as he can. CSKA Moscow
winger, Ahmed Musa, sparkled in bursts – and it was really more about his pace than end product.

5. Tanzania give good account of themselves

Most pundits expected the Eagles to impose
themselves on their hosts and claim another
routine victory in Dar es Salaam. That was not the
case. Tanzania provided real threat all through the
game and if not for Ikeme and some wayward
finishing, they should have scored a goal or two, especially in the second half.

‘Ifreke Inyang tweets via @Ifreke

dailypost.ng/2015/09/05/ifreke-inyang-5-things-we-learnt-from-tanzania-vs-nigeria/
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by osec007(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
Seconded
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by ezeonline2(m): 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
Good analysis, I concore.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by adwem2003(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
U r right
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Take it or leave it, Haruna Lukman was a commanding presence in midfield, he explore the space in midfield but he final touch was poor, the midfield collapsed when he left the pitch. Better still, Oliseh should have replaced him with Rabiu Ibrahim. I thought both Lukman and Ibrahim would start with a strong DMF to cover them.

We need mikel in midfield, for now he is the boss because no one can take his place, eegho missed his coordination, crisp passes and commanding presence in midfield.
Oliseh should give Ramon Azeez a recall, Keshi just threw the Lad into the fray and it overwhelmed him..

Oliseh will come good..

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by joxxy01(m): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Haruna did well but too slugish...Mikel is better off
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by mikron(m): 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Daninya11:
Take it or leave it, Haruna Lukman was a commanding presence in midfield, he explore the space in midfield but he final touch was poor, the midfield collapsed when he left the pitch. Better still, Oliseh should have replaced him with Rabiu Ibrahim. I thought both Lukman and Ibrahim would start with a strong DMF to cover them.

We need mikel in midfield, for now he is the boss because no one can take his place, eegho missed his coordination, crisp passes and commanding presence in midfield.
Oliseh should give Ramon Azeez a recall, Keshi just threw the Lad into the fray and it overwhelmed him..

Oliseh will come good..

God bless Nigeria
daninya u think so? Personally I believe he was poor, I mean lukman, rabiu would ve been a better choice. But I believe the team wasn't that bad overall considering most of them are debutantes. The team will get better after 4 matches together. The coach should invite Mikel, onazi, odion ighalo, sone aluko, aaron Samuel and Michael babatunde not forgetting leon Balogun in our subsequent matches. The team will get stronger as time goes on. The land is green

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by mikron(m): 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Daninya11:

Oliseh will come good..

God bless Nigeria
daninya u think so? Personally I believe he was poor, I mean lukman, rabiu would ve been a better choice. But I believe the team wasn't that bad overall considering most of them are debutantes. The team will get better after 4 matches together. The coach should invite Mikel, onazi, odion ighalo, sone aluko, aaron Samuel and Michael babatunde not forgetting leon Balogun in our subsequent matches. The team will get stronger as time goes on. The land is green
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by lexyman(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
Daninya11:

Oliseh will come good..

God bless Nigeria

To me Haruna didn't play well , he's too big to play that bad , made so many faulty passes and didn't retract back to d defense immediately , like he doesn't have d zeal to play . Pls if u have time watch that match again . The only player I give d credit to is Carl Ikeme and simon . Others are uncoordinated .
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by edorhe14(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nice analysis...but if I were Oliseh I will give some of the flops of today'game another chance...
It's the first time to play under the new gaffer
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by darnley16(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2015
THIS SHOULD BE ON FP , THE ANALYSIS WERE ACCURATE
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by prelinctus: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
@zinachidi, nice analysis. Why don't you do this for premier league matches?
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
lol, u go pay me? By the way its not my analysis, saw it in a newspaper and decided to share,, the link is broken, buh u can copy and paste it in ur browser anyways.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
prelinctus:
@zinachidi, nice analysis. Why don't you do this for premier league matches?
zinachidi:
lol, u go pay me? By the way its not my analysis, saw it in a newspaper and decided to share,, the link is broken, buh u can copy and paste it in ur browser anyways.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by prelinctus: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
zinachidi:
Oh, you just included the link. Sharp guy.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by M4gunners: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
mikron:
daninya u think so? Personally I believe he was poor, I mean lukman, rabiu would ve been a better choice. But I believe the team wasn't that bad overall considering most of them are debutantes. The team will get better after 4 matches together. The coach should invite Mikel, onazi, odion ighalo, sone aluko, aaron Samuel and Michael babatunde not forgetting leon Balogun in our subsequent matches. The team will get stronger as time goes on. The land is gry
That Sone Aluko is good. He is the one that save us from shame against South Africa.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
prelinctus:

Oh, you just included the link. Sharp guy.
lol,,no, i didnt include it now, i did when i created the thread, buh it was broken thats y perharps u couldnt see it at first cos it wasnt highlighted.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by prelinctus: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
zinachidi:
lol,,no, i didnt include it now, i did when i created the thread, buh it was broken thats y perharps u couldnt see it at first cos it wasnt highlighted.
Ok then. Cool
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by mikron(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
M4gunners:
That Sone Aluko is good. He is the one that save us from shame against South Africa.
yap
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
i don't wish Oliseh bad but, this rebuilding sh*t should stop. If he must test & try new players in the SE, the dumb NFF can organise friendlies for that. This was a qualifier for fvck's sake!! And he should know better & invite established legs to prosecute the such games. That was one of the worst games i've seen in a very long time!! S. Oliseh was one of the biggest critics of S. keshi & he better acheive more than Keshi did in such short time if anybody will take him seriously

darnley16, FANTASTIC SIGNATURE!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Tanzania Vs Nigeria by darnley16(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
shockwave91:
i don't wish Oliseh bad but, this rebuilding sh*t should stop. If he must test & try new players in the SE, the dumb NFF can organise friendlies for that. This was a qualifier for fvck's sake!! And he should know better & invite established legs to prosecute the such games. That was one of the worst games i've seen in a very long time!! S. Oliseh was one of the biggest critics of S. keshi & he better acheive more than Keshi did in such short time if anybody will take him seriously

darnley16, FANTASTIC SIGNATURE!!!
yeah!? thanks

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Throwback Picture Of Obafemi Martins And John Obi Mikel / Chelsea Legend Frank Lampard Returns To Help Out At Chelsea U18 Training / Gareth Barry Equals Ryan Giggs Premier League Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.