Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (51184 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by jared007: 3:50am On Sep 06, 2015
That guy had d opportunity of abdicating d throne in 2013 concerning the ogiame tittleship saga and practice his christianity as an ordinary man. I hope he made peace with God. Now concerning warri, the ijaws and urhobos would be watching 4rm d flanks for any wrong move 4rm d itsekiri.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by azimibraun: 5:29am On Sep 06, 2015
I will just not say what I have in mind so as to avoid trouble if not eh! Traditional rulers from the days of Abacha through the start of the millennium down to the period before the last general elections 2015.... let me just not talk as promised. anyways May the dead account for their deeds on earth. God will not set up his judiciary department for nothing...It must function and trials must hold and verdicts will be reached and sentencing carried out.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by juman(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2015
Dead!

Kai, dead!

Really!

So sad.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by juman(m): 6:47am On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmm.

Death is the end of journey of all living thing.

Even sun would die one day.

One day I will also die and face my creator to make account for my actions on earth.

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by ElNino101: 6:55am On Sep 06, 2015
fejikudz:
mr man talk wetin u know
dis omo boy cause beta gbege for warri na..wey d wahala 2much he cor clear go lagos.i 4 like ring bottle for head bcus of 97/98 crisis..How tenant go dey drag house with landlord...

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Obrigado4every: 6:56am On Sep 06, 2015
So sad. A christian ruler who even built the Foursquare Gospel Church in his palace. I commiserate with my Itsekiri friends.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by princemikky001: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
billtommy:
The Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II is dead. He died in Lagos last night of an as yet to be disclosed ailment. He had been on the throne since 1987.

Details to follow
make una stop to carry story oooo nairaland mak abura no scatta dis blog ooooo

http://dailytimes.com.ng/olu-of-warri-dies/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by tpiah01: 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
its on the major newspapers.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Pauloot(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2015
[quote author=DONSMITH123 post=37712116]

Are you speaking English?[/quote
Plz let him be d abobaku for this king. His smh not useful...... Ehen! See English oo
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rockafela(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2015
RIP OGBOWURU, OGIAME, AFO'MASIN. Your reign was indeed great..

[size=25pt]NB: THE GENERAL PUBLIC PLZ NOTE THAT THE THRONE OF THE OLU OF WARRI DOE "NOT" HAVE AN "ABOBAKU" [/size]

1 Like

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rockafela(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2015
mrkels:
The man solely responsible for the killings in warri in 98!
The day okere market got burnt I was going to school, I remember some my friends who died like chickens back in the days, God rest their souls.

A lot of us had to move out of our houses that our parents suffered for. Bad bad memories mehn.
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anyways, sleep on,

You re a fool..u re saying Wat u don't knw...do u hav facts...? how was he responsible for the killings?..chief Okumagbe of the urhobo was the one who mobilize in an attempt to burn down d Olu's palace simply cos he wants to eradicate that name Olu of warri dat an itsekiri King cannot rule over him..which caused communal clash btwn d itsekiris and urhobos then. And Okere market is like a boundary between d Itsekiris and urhobo so they were not allowed access that led to sporadic shooting frm both sides and when the urhobos couldn't gain access they were destroying properties and burning down houses of itsekiri that was close by...am a living witness, so don't sit there and say shits u don't knw after u hav heard some silly stories
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rockafela(m): 7:49am On Sep 06, 2015
rockafela:

You re a fool..u re saying Wat u don't knw...do u hav facts...? how was he responsible for the killings?..chief Okumagbe of the urhobo was the one who mobilize in an attempt to burn down d Olu's palace simply cos he wants to eradicate that name Olu of warri dat an itsekiri King cannot rule over him..which caused communal clash btwn d itsekiris and urhobos then. And Okere market is like a boundary between d Itsekiris and urhobo so they were not allowed access that led to sporadic shooting frm both sides and when the urhobos couldn't gain access they were destroying properties and burning down houses of itsekiri that was close by...am a living witness, so don't sit there and say shits u don't knw after u hav heard some silly stories

2 Likes

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rockafela(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2015
mrkels:

You don forget say olu of warri and olu of itsekiri cause better wahala that year??
Caused which wahala Wat year? Say what you know..

Olu of Warri is a man of peace Loved by all..

U don't even know him.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by asamaigho(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2015
jared007:
That guy had d opportunity of abdicating d throne in 2013 concerning the ogiame tittleship saga and practice his christianity as an ordinary man. I hope he made peace with God. Now concerning warri, the ijaws and urhobos would be watching 4rm d flanks for any wrong move 4rm d itsekiri.

d ijaws and urhobos hav no say watsoever,they are d least of our worries. if there iwere nation can unite,there is no force dat can stop us.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rockafela(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2015
asamaigho:

d ijaws and urhobos hav no say watsoever,they are d least of our worries. if there iwere nation can unite,there is no force dat can stop us.
Asamaigor olori edema...thanks...u hv said it all.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by mrkels(m): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2015
rockafela:

You the bigger fool bro grin

Fool grin

Fool grin

Fool grin
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by mekonglobal(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2015
And let d tussle for his successor begin!!!
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by 4stylz: 8:10am On Sep 06, 2015
seunmsg:
RIP to him. He was very bold and fearless. Stood up to GEJ and Tompolo in the last administration. His people will miss him.

Last last na GEj headache go kill u
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rockafela(m): 8:14am On Sep 06, 2015
mrkels:

I mrkel am really a big fool bro grin

I mrkels am a Fool grin

I mrkels am a Fool grin

I mrkels am a Fool grin

Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by asamaigho(m): 8:31am On Sep 06, 2015
rockafela:

Asamaigor olori edema...thanks...u hv said it all.

omere mi...modokpe
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by sexyeyes(f): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2015
Rip sir
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by asamaigho(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2015
rockafela:
RIP OGBOWURU, OGIAME, AFO'MASIN. Your reign was indeed great..

[size=25pt]NB: THE GENERAL PUBLIC PLZ NOTE THAT THE THRONE OF THE OLU OF WARRI DOE "NOT" HAVE AN "ABOBAKU" [/size]

tell them.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Bigseedorf(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2015
4stylz:

Last last na GEj headache go kill u
yo
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 06, 2015
BO (Ben Okumagba) of Idama Hotel was responsible and should be held responsible for that crisis.

The itsekiris are as blessed as the Israeli, surrounded by enemies yet truimphing over them.

MAY THE SOUL OF THE OLU OF WARRI REST IN PEACE.

MAY BARR. GODWIN SLEEP ON!
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by rasheedmalik113: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2015
RIP OLU OF WORRY, ARE U HIRE A PLAIN TO CARRY THE CORPS OR U CARRY THE CORPS WITH BUS?
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Laredojohn(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2015
billtommy:
The Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II is dead. He died in Lagos last night of an as yet to be disclosed ailment. He had been on the throne since 1987.

Details to follow

http://dailytimes.com.ng/olu-of-warri-dies/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

This story isn't confirmed yet, the Olu happens to be our inlaw, my first cousin married to his first daughter, family sources said it's not true, that though he is admitted in an hospital, but not late....
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Laredojohn(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2015
mekonglobal:
And let d tussle for his successor begin!!!
If it happens he finally goes, which isn't true yet there is a crown prince already...he takes over.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by mrkel(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2015
[quote author=rockafela post=37721582][/quote]

Why can't you guys show circumspection and maturity? Must you guys always resort to lampooning yourselves as a way of driving home your points? CC: Rockafela, mrkels.. meanwhile why was I mentioned in your tantrum against mrkels? For purpose of clarity I go by the moniker mrkel not mrkels. So take note.
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by shilehcash(f): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Are you speaking English?
o ya mi lenu oo
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
muri4mig:
Is he done without cap that died?

wetin this one dey talk self? What are you saying??
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by ify84(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
margclever:
this your grammer

Lol.. . Na warri English
Re: Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) by hollowpot15684(m): 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
muri4mig:
Is he done without cap?
No now, he is d one without slippers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra / Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? / Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Arrive Canada In Style. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.