Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista (750 Views)

Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos / An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista / Nigerians Tweet On Buhari 100 Wasted Days- #100wasteddays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by OboloMAN: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
His May 29 inauguration speech wasn't inspiring nor motivating. Highlight of that speech was 'I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody'. No vision and mission statement was reeled out.

I wasn't impressed at that speech despite the media hype it was laced with. I maintained that the newly sworn-in President was not fit for leadership. He was not prepared either!

It is 100 days into his administration, this article
shall do a thorough review of the APC government
of Muhammadu Buhari. Let's begin by matching
some of his promises with his actions/output HIS
PROMISES

1) To continually acknowledge and
consciously equality and equity in all government
businesses and activities(in his own words).

2)Implement the National Gender Policy including
35% of appointive positions for women

3) To declare his asset and liabilities, and encourage his appointees to do same as a 'precondition' for
appointment.

4) To end Boko haram in two months (made in his Jan 21 campaign in Kano).

5) Provision of one meal per day to all public
primary school pupils

6) Payment of N5000 monthly stipends to the unemployed, elderly and
disabled

7) To return the missing Chibok school
girls. To appoint young people with requisite
qualification into key political offices to begin the
incubation and mentoring for a successor political
generation.

9) To Commit himself and his administration to the phased implementation of the United Nations Environment Program’s(UNEP) recommendations on Ogoniland.

10) His other promises are outlined in HIS 100 DAYS
COVENANT document ( www.aitonline.tv/post-my_100_days_covenant_with_nigerians_____muhammadu_buhari ).

As beautiful as the above
promises appear, not even one was fulfilled.

Instead of recognizing Nigeria's ethno-religious
diversity in his appointment, Buhari proposed,
midwifed and implemented the 'Principle of 95%
and 5%'. He is yet to appoint a single person from
the South East in his 29 frontline administrative
appointments, but he appointed 13 from his North
West(43%) and 6 from North East (20%).

He promised 35% appointment slot for women but he
has only appointed ONE woman out of the 35
principal appointments made so far.

He promised the people of the North East that he'll end Boko Haram in two months but it's over 3 months and
the insurgents are still a menace.

He isn't even talking about the missing chibok school girls despite his promise to re-unite them with their
family.

He failed to provide the one meal per day
to public primary school pupils, and the N5000
monthly stipends to the unemployed, elderly and
disabled.

The most painful part is that he became
a chronic liar by denying ever making these
promises despite the availability of facts and
records. Instead of appointing young people,
Buhari has been bringing back old people from
retirement into the Civil service.

One month into his rhetorical pledge of implementing the UNEP report on Ogoni, no single action has been taken. This is the same subject that APC did a 3 weeks
propaganda on. The people of Ogoni are still
biting their fingers till date.

Nigerians have been yearning to see the assets and liabilities of Buhari, instead of fulfilling his pledge, his
spokesman Shehu Garba published a disjointed
document that is illogical and embarrassing to
sane minds. He's yet to declare his assets.

DSS MADNESS:
When Alhaji Daura, a kinsman of Buhari was brought back from retirement announced as the acting DG DSS, some of us cried foul because the same Daura fully participated in APC political activities. About 100
days in the saddle as DSS boss, Daura led DSS
have conducted themselves in the most
shameless and unpatriotic manner. They occupied
the apartment of ex-NSA Sambo Dasuki on Salah
eve, holding the retired colonel hostage for more
than 24 hours. They claimed that they have
'credible' intelligence linking Sambo Dasuki to
plot to treason, but their so-called incriminating
evidence weren't even enough to topple a local
motor park chairman.

One had expected them to charge Sambo Dasuki for treason (in line with their 'credible intelligence'), but they could only institute a one count charge on 'illegal'
possession of firearms against Dasuki in order to
save face.

Aside Sambo, the DSS has unsurped
the powers of the election tribunals in Rivers and
Akwa Ibom state. They were reported at different
times to have arressted the INEC RECs in both
states on allegation of electoral malpractices
when both cases are running in their various
election tribunals. Of recent, they invaded the
Government house of Akwa ibom state
purportedly to intimidate Governor Udom
Emmanuel and PDP chieftains. The DSS boss
also fired senior officials of the agencies because
the President doesn't like their faces- as he sees
them as imaginary political enemies.

REFINERIES
Before Buhari came on board, the NNPC GMD
mentioned that the refineries will work optimally
in early 2016 at the completion of the turn around
maintainance (TAM) that was instituted under
GEJ. The Buhari government came and told us
that the four refineries will optimally perform at
the end of June 2015 without any additional
input. They even promised 20million litres of fuel
daily. We are in September already and nothing
has happened.

ECONOMY: At present, our economy is in a state of comatose. 100 days into Buhari administration there is yet to be any economic policy or marshal plan. We are yet to get finance minister and a proper economic team.

POWER SECTOR: In the last 100 Days, a section
of Nigeria have been enjoying improved power
supply. This is due to the robust power reform
carried out by exPresident Jonathan. All that is
needed is regular gas supply to plant owners. In
late 2014 under GEJ, the CBN/ Bankers
Committee and the plant owners signed a
memorandum of understanding that will see that
funds are released to plant owners in form of loan
for purchase of gas. I commend the Bankers and
CBN for releasing some funds. However, Buhari is
yet to initiate or implement any new policy or
program on power that would have consolidated
on GEJ's effort. At present Nigeria is still running
on GEJ's preset mode as long as power is
concerned.

ANTI-CORRUPTION: Granted that the
President is a self-titled anti-corruption czar but
he is yet to prove it in governance. Even before
May 29, the President popular phrase is 'I will
probe'. Since the last 100 days, we keep hearing
the same 'I will probe'. He is yet to initiate/
implement any policy that will strengthen the
EFCC and ICPC. Couldn't even show transparency
by declaring details of his worth and liabilities.
Nigerians are still waiting for his imaginary $150
billion that he claimed the US government want
to repatriate. He is yet to even recover N1 from
local politicians here in Nigeria. It is 100 days
already.

FIRST LADY's OFFICE Contrary to the President's pledge to phase- out the unconstitutional office of the First Lady, the President renamed the office as 'Office of the Wife of the President', and secretly appoint aides to function with the office. To justify the
appointment, the Presidential spokesman recently
said that 'the President is yet to assign role to
Aisha Buhari'. When did Aisha Buhari become an
officer of the government?

GOVERNMENT AND BODY LANGUAGE: 100 days into his administration, the president is yet to form a
cabinet. Instead, he has been running Nigeria with
the tenet of 'body language'- Though his body
language is yet to fix our economy and attend to
national issues. Through his body language, he
forgot ever making promise during the
electioneering period.

MONGUNO's APPOINTMENT
The President also brought Gen Monguno that
performed very poorly as the head of Nigeria
Intelligence Agency to function as the National
Security Adviser, this is contrary to his pledge to
only appoint people with impeccable character
and antecedent.

Though I am not surprised at the epic failure of Buhari since the last 100 days because he never showed zeal or leadership since hifirst day in office. May God In His Infinite Mercy Bless Us All
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by yanabasee(m): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
Buahri is a BIG SCAM! grin
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by jemir000: 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
Buhari is a scam...datz d truth
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by madridguy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
OPPOSITION AT WORK AGAIN.

PMB 100 fruitful days is far better than 16 wasted years of PDP led kangaroo government. Ride on PMB

Sai Buhari
Sai BABA

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by boman2014: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
kids keep wailing...
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by Artless360(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Til 2019 u can go nd die

1 Like

Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by rottennaija(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by debeo: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
Barcanista

Barcanista

Barcanista

How many times did I call u

I will still keep asking you only one question

You still have not seen just one good virtue in Buhari

Or you just take pleasure in wasting you time and resources in ridiculing the young man?

I could have suggested someone or people sponsor your post, but I know better

Am not saying Buhari is performing upto expectation (as I really don't send), am just asking if everything you be researched or known about Buhari is just negative things

If you have not seen any good at all, then Barcanista, u need to check your sense of judgement

#ManKnowThyself

1 Like

Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by OboloMAN: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
madridguy:

PMB 100 fruitful days is far better than 16 wasted years of PDP led kangaroo government. Ride on PMB

Sai Buhari
Sai BABA

Can you outline the 100 fruitful days?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
PMB is working haters are hating

1 Like

Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by otokx(m): 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
There is light right now in ALUU.
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by hinwazaka: 11:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
madridguy:

Sai Buhari
Sai BABA
I sympathize with you. It must be really strenuous, holding brief for a government, that does nothing to make your job a little easier. They are making you work for every kobo.
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by ayatt(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
oga of d 40man laptop crew...BTW y did u run from nairaland..abi seun pursue you?
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by hinwazaka: 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
debeo:

Am not saying Buhari is performing upto expectation (as I really don't send), am just asking if everything you be researched or known about Buhari is just negative things

If you have not seen any good at all, then Barcanista,
You don't think the current dispensation is working at a 100%, but you also don't want the likes of Barcanista to highlight the mistakes made by the APC administration. "You don't send". Don't worry when the Recession hits next year, you will send more than UPS.
In truth, nothing positive has been done by this administration, because the APC government, has done absolutely NOTHING.
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by ComradeAbu(m): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
Although 100 days out of 48 month is like a drop out of ocean! but why shouldn't I like President Muhammadu Buhari when his 100 days in office has revived our refineries, on right tract to end the insurgency, restore public confidence in Governance, put a threat on both the actual and potential tyrrany from the looting Cabals, Thrown all Corrupt mafias in to political Convulsion, indeed! Stealing is now Corruption and our power supply is now stable, infact , no more power failure in the power state! the only thing we see is change from one Dam to another!
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Bull.ari is a "BLOCKED HEAD"
Re: President Buhari 100 Days Of Wasteful Leadership By Barcanista by mrnuur(m): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
View the 100 wasted days higher resolution

(1) (Reply)

Coach Oliseh: I Am No Magician / MASSOB Insists On Biafran Day Celebrations / Lagos And The Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.