Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (51885 Views)

Christians, Churches And Tithes Are Not Nigeria's Underdevelopment Problems / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed / 10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

Smoking is wrong cos it damages our body which is the temple of God but alcohol is not wrong, as long as it's not drunk to stupor.
But no matter the quantity of alcohol consumed, it has a negative effect on the body...thus making it on par with smoking - which is wrong!
#justsaying

You have a valid point but the truth is that most of us take alcohol.

Even a wine with 4% alcohol stiill contains alcohol.

Drunkenness is defined as a state of intoxication and if you can take a bottle of alcohol and stop i think you have not crossed the line but the problem as i explained earlier is that people cant just know when to stop and this is why pastors preach that it is better not to touch alcohol at all.

But today many believers still take like a bottle of stout or gulder and stop there but when you cross the line of intoxicating yourself even if it takes less than a bottle to intoxicate you,please dont do it.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by ODUBEZE: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

http://herbgardens.about.com/od/herbrecipes/tp/What-Herbs-Can-Be-Used-For-Smoking-Mixtures.htm
From your reference:
Be aware that this technique is not to be used by
someone who is not a smoker. The resulting
coughing fit will not benefit any respiratory
illness.
Dry mullein will go up in a puff of smoke and
taste too harsh to be enjoyed at all.
---

Catnip add a relaxing note to the smoking
mixture. It is gentle and can be effective to take
the edge off the craving for tobacco. I find it a
little too harsh once that craving abates. e.t.c
---

Or is there anything I am missing?

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
xhamel89:

You read the scripture only to your head and not to your heart. You study it like a novel. At the end of each point you still come to agree that they should stayed off it. By the way, why don't you start preaching so those preachers can learn from you.

I only see Satan using you like serpent told a quasi-truth to Eve. I wish we can sit together to analyze bible the proper way. You need spiritual insight to see beyond the message. You said the truth in almost your post but it was an injurious truth.

Im sorry bro,this is not the time to wish but please do us all the favour,just drop tye verses as im sure that wont take anything from you.

So please quote teh verses and i will gladly fish them out.

Maybe i should stop responding to people like this.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by battyboie: 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
What is this "BOLO" saying?? If u dnt undastnd d dynamics of d bible jux Sharrap..& stp 2 dey misyarn angry angry
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by plainbible: 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

I totally agree but we still need to look into the scriptures first to see a first hand instruction.

While I agree with most of your points, I dont agree when you say someone refused to get saved because they were told to stop wearing jewelries or to stop drinking.

The question is what was the gospel they heard? Did they actually get convicted by the Holy Ghost? If they actually got convicted, they will accept the gospel and be saved even if someone adds the caveat to stop alchohol. Many Christians today equate salvation to church membership. What most Christians preach as gospel is denominational membership. No one can give an excuse that they didnt get saved because someone told them to stop drinking. Truth is, they never really received the gospel and never got convicted.

Also I would like to add that most of the things you listed are things a real true Christian will never do even if they have not seen biblical verses to support or denounce it. The problem is we have so many false Christians today because the denominational system encourages false Christianity. In fact, todays Christian is defined as someone who attends a denomination and participates in their activities. This is totally different from who the bible calls a Christian

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
henryutd:

This one alone could be used against you in the day of reckoning. Be mindful of what you preach. Read from verse 3 to 16. Stop misleading people before the wrath of God come upon you.

Another beer parlor talk.Read what from verse 3 to 16?

Don't send me message, quote it here and make your point or hold your peace.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
plainbible:

While I agree with most of your points, I dont agree when you say someone refused to get saved because they were told to stop wearing jewelries or to stop drinking.

I guess you have not met some funny preachers as i described in the first paragraph.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

Please feel free to state it if you have a contrary opinion but must back it up with biblical references so that we all can learn more.

Thanks
honestly I did not have the urge to open this mesage and now I see the reason why I should have listened to that voice. People leading people to hell even why they know that its the truth and its in the bible, I stand for holiness and righteousness which I know its the true way of entering heaven
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
Frankiss44:

Are you aware Jesus ate and drank with sinners?
And you're aware that herbs was given to mankind for use... Coca plant is an herb...
If not abused like alcohol, then it's not a sin to use coca (cocaine)
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by plainbible: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

You have a valid point but the truth is that most of us take alcohol.

Even a wine with 4% alcohol stiill contains alcohol.

Drunkenness is defined as a state of intoxication and if you can take a bottle of alcohol and stop i think you have not crossed the line but the problem as i explained earlier is that people cant just know when to stop and this is why pastors preach that it is better not to touch alcohol at all.

But today many believers still take like a bottle of stout or gulder and stop there but when you cross the line of intoxicating yourself even if it takes less than a bottle to intoxicate you,please dont do it.

You are getting some of these things wrong bro. The foundation of Christ is sincerity. If you take out sincerity and start to talk logic then you will miss it. Where will you sit and take a bottle of stout as a Christian? Is it not with ungodly men? Yes of course! Will they take your Christian message serious after that? No of course! We must be careful not to start to look and talk like the pharisees. I remember when Pastor Chris claimed self service was ok for a Christian and later tried to defend it by saying it depends on what you were thinking at the time. That was such an insincere answer because no one can self service without thinking about sexual immorality and sexual immorality is sin. When you hear such answers, you just know the one giving the answer is trying to justify something they do

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by henryutd(m): 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
saintkel:
End time Op with end time write up, op I won't even argue with u but Christianity is far far greater dan Modernization and Globalization. Let God be d judge but sincerely u r leading people strait to HELL

Thank God I am not one of them. He can't deceive me.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by plainbible: 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

I guess you have not met some funny preachers as i described in the first paragraph.

Salvation has got nothing to do with funny preachers and their style. Salvation is about hearing the true gospel of Christ and getting convicted by the Holy Ghost. If a man gets convicted, they will receive Christ irrespective of the person who preached to them. the problem is they never truly heard the gospel so they never really got convicted

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by ArcIbrahim38(m): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]6.Polygamy[/size]

Polygamy was not specifically stated as sin in the bible but lets take a look at some Biblical references which to me makes polygamy unacceptable to GOD making it a sin.

In Matt. 19:4 we are told by Jesus that God created one “male and [one] female” and joined them in marriage. Mark 10:6-8:"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.' 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 'and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
The two as one is the pattern on how marriage was to be conducted from the start. NOT three or four as one.

Eve was taken from Adams body and given back to him as his wife (singular) showing God’s approval of what the marriage union is to be like. God always spoke of man's “wife,” as singular, not wives. Notice it also states one father one mother.

It wasn’t until sin made man fall (Gen. 4:23) that polygamy occurs. Cain was cursed, Lamech is a descendent of Cain and the first to practice polygamy. The first time polygamous relationship is found in the Bible is with a thriving rebellious society in sin; when a murderer named “Lamech [a descendant of Cain] took for himself two wives” (Gen.4:19, 23).

The same Godly pattern of one man and one wife is lived by Noah. At the time of the Ark (Gen. 7:7), Noah took his one wife into the ark, all his son’s took one wife; God called Noah’s family righteous and pure. If polygamy were ordained of God, it would have made sense that Noah and his sons would have taken additional wives with them to repopulate the earth faster from the cataclysm.

But if we remove human philosophy,i still maintain that there is no part in the bible that specifically states that polygamy is a sin but i will not advice anyman to indulge in it due to its ugly complexities.

How many wives does king Solomon has according to the bible please?
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
plainbible:

You are getting some of these things wrong bro. The foundation of Christ is sincerity. If you take out sincerity and start to talk logic then you will miss it. Where will you sit and take a bottle of stout as a Christian? Is it not with ungodly men? Yes of course! Will they take your Christian message serious after that? No of course! We must be careful not to start to look and talk like the pharisees. I remember when Pastor Chris claimed self service was ok for a Christian and later tried to defend it by saying it depends on what you were thinking at the time. That was such an insincere answer because no one can self service without thinking about sexual immorality and sexual immorality is sin. When you hear such answers, you just know the one giving the answer is trying to justify something they do
You can drink beer at your house...
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by HBB1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
On masturbation:

Wondering how a young man with a problem down below will give semen for analysis... maybe a giant needle will be stuck into his 'shumtin' to suck it out?

On smoking:
I know students were punished for not smoking in Eton college in the 1600s( when it was believed it protected against the plague). Now we know it's a bad habit which everybody should avoid. If smoking tobacco is a sin against God, can I chew tobacco instead- or kolanut?

On drinking alcohol:

I concur with the OP. Been drinking little alcohol since I was a boy (little palm wine, little wine) and I have 'never' been drunk. If a man decides to abstain, that's his business.

I
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by enny4real23(m): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
(Yawns) I think I dosed off once or twice & for a second there, i thought I was reading Tsung su's 'Art of War'. (no offence)
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by henryutd(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

Another beer parlor talk.Read what from verse 3 to 16?

Don't send me message, quote it here and make your point or hold your peace.

You called the scripture beer parlour talk. 1Cor. 11:4-6
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by laprince(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=13pt]HERESY[/size]

Have you ever been in a bus where some preachers come so hard by saying "If you perm your hair you will go to hell,if you are a woman wearing trousers,you will go to hell,if you wear earrings,you will end up in hell,if you keep boyfriends and girlfriends.hell awaits you,if you smoke or drink alcohol,hell straight,if you..."

Some times i tend to almost voice out and tell them to preach salvation rather than confuse intending believers thereby driving them away from salvation.

Do you know that many people are in hell today because they were so uncomfortable with giving their life to Christ because they can't imagine themselves not taking alcohol? Do you know that many ladies are in hell today because they felt that it is not just possible for them to stop wearing earrings and since they have been told that earrings wearers are not believers, they simply gave up the zeal to be born again and end up in hell.

this article shall address many issues and many people will discover what exactly translate to sins and what we have as bad habits which are not sinful to GOD if done the right way.

Please if you have a contrary opinion be ar liberty to share but only with vivid quotes from the scriptures and not by mare logic.

So i ask; Is it a sin to smoke,to drink alcohol,to wear jewelries? Is it a sin to self service? for ladies to wear trousers? for women to perm their hairs,use hair attachments or draw tattoos?

I will address these one after the other but whatever i will write on,i would like you all to read this passage from the bible.

"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures,idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
(Galatians 5:9-21)

great piece
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
OP is a JW - Jehova Witness ; and we all know you can't argue bible with these people!
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Chizzled06(m): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
engrsoma:

the likes of you, have gone far enough to read the history of the Bible etcetera without opening the bible, what use? just to discredit the bible?

I've read the whole bible. Cover to cover. Someone handed me a book and told me it was God's word. It obviously didn't fall from the sky, so I wanted to understand the process by which 'God revealed his word'. Next question.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by henryutd(m): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

And after that the Holy Ghost will come upon you abi?
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by flokii: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
@OP m guilty of 2 & 3... and mayb some others I can't remember cos things have changed over d years

Thank God drunkenness is d sin and not drinking..

I also have this soft spot for tiny necklace & wristwatches (preferably gold)

m still okay... thank God
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
plainbible:

Bro all i know is that drunkenness is a sin so whether you take a can beer or a bottle in your room or wth unbelievers is left to the discretion of that persom.

i hve nver taken beer before but i also know that when you take a little alcohol without getting frunk its not a sin yet if you take a glass and become drunk then you have sinned.

As for masturbation im so done discussing it as i have explained all i can in the previous pages.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by plainbible: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluwafreshkid:

There are many things you can do in your house that you cant do outside even as a normal secular guy. Wearing underwear and walking about is not a sin and you can do it in your house but you cant do it outside on the streets. Even the police might arrest you.

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Dollyak(f): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
plainbible:

This is definitely the most intelligent answer so far. It is obvious the op is walking the thin line of Christianity which can only be a slippery slope.
For instance, I can't seem to think of anything you can smoke that does not harm your body except flavored oxygen. Again, that has its limit...
Don't get me started on masturbation.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by plainbible: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

Bro all i know is that drunkenness is a sin so whether you take a can beer or a bottle in your room or wth unbelievers is left to the discretion of that persom.

i hve nver taken beer before but i also know that when you take a little alcohol without getting frunk its not a sin yet if you take a glass and become drunk then you have sinned.

As for masturbation im so done discussing it as i have explained all i can in the previous pages.

Like i said in my first post, I do agree with most of your points which included taking alcohol. There is no where in the bible that says taking alcohol is a sin. But you have to get your perspective and foundation right. For example, there is no where in the bible where it is said that marrying a 9 year old is a sin, but we do know what it proper and right as humans. So someone could do that tomorrow and claim there is no verse in the bible thats stops him but that is clearly an insincere position

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Toks2008(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
flokii:
@OP m guilty of 2 & 3... and mayb some others I can't remember cos things have changed over d years

Thank God drunkenness is d sin and not drinking..

I also have this soft spot for tiny necklace & wristwatches (preferably gold)

m still okay... thank God

This is the best comment i have read today.

Trust me,many people gave up their salvation because they cant help taking alcohol so for how long will heretical preachers keep driving people to hell?

Someone was speaking about salvation as conviction of the holy spirit and i just dont know how to explain that giving your life to christ is an option that comes with self examination...some ladies have decided to remain unsaved cos they cant imagine themselves not wearing earrings and how many people have signed out of Salvation because they self service due to high libido.

So unfortunate that many preachers have made salvation look like bondage.

I have been born again for 27years and well grounded and im happy that up till this moment,no single poster have been able to clearly back their contrary views from the scriptures except flimsy palm wine joint comments.
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by Sman37(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
Why ar christians worry abt hell hann no be wuna said JESUS die for wuna sin so da mean jesus don pak all of wuna sins go see ur life at u all deceivers of faith
at if ur bother pay d money for d house u dey rent u go pay d landlord again abi no be so
jesus die for our sins
my father pay for my car
explain d two here
Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by plainbible: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
The problem with this your thread is that you are trying to give people a feel good reason to do things that their spirit and conscience does not support. You are trying to give them a licence to sin. Just preach the gospel and tell men to go and sin no more. Once a man is truly convicted, the Holy Spirit will stop him from doing many things even without some pastor teling them. Most of the testimonies I have heard from people who got saved included stories about how they stopped drinking, smoking, etc even without anyone telling them it was bad. The Holy Spirit Himself made them to stop it. Believe me when I say that a mans least problem is whether they wear ear rings or not. Just tell them about Christ and His salvation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by 4dchairman(m): 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Biblical verses on false doctrine.
Ephesians 4:14
As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by
waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by tbhe trickery of
men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;
Verse Concepts
1 Timothy 1:18-20
This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with
the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you
fight the good fight, keeping faith and a good conscience, which
some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.
Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed
over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.
2 Timothy 2:16-18
But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further
ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them
are Hymenaeus and Philetus, men who have gone astray from the
truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they
upset the faith of some.
Titus 1:10-11
For there are many rebellious men, empty talkers and deceivers,
especially those of the circumcision, who must be silenced because
they are upsetting whole families, teaching things they should not
teach for the sake of sordid gain.
Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is
good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods,
through which those who were so occupied were not benefited.
Verse Concepts
2 Peter 3:17
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard
so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men
and fall from your own steadfastness,
Verse Concepts
Romans 16:17-18
Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause
dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you
learned, and turn away from them. For such men are slaves, not of
our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and
flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.
2 Peter 2:1
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will
also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce
destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them,
bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. by flokii: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
Toks2008:

This is the best comment i have read today.

Trust me,many people gave up their salvation because they cant help taking alcohol so for how long will heretical preachers keep driving people to hell?

Someone was speaking about salvation as conviction of the holy spirit and i just dont know how to explain that giving your life to christ is an option that comes with self examination...some ladies have decided to remain unsaved cos they cant imagine themselves not wearing earrings and how many people have signed out of Salvation because they self service due to high libido.

So unfortunate that many preachers have made salvation look like bondage.

I have been born again for 27years and well grounded and im happy that up till this moment,no single poster have been able to clearly back their contrary views from the scriptures except flimsy palm wine joint comments.

cheesy

dnt mind these christians we have nowadays.. most are hypocrites

like Fela would say... our people too dey fear... evrytin to them is sin

they want to b pure like Christ himself or seen as that

I do things I know won't harm anyone else & will do little or no damage to me as well... anything outsyd that is a sin

my own view tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's Your Say About TB Joshua's Prophesy On US Election Now The Result Is Out? / ATM Installed At Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church In Lagos (Photos) / Church Members Carry Their Pastor On A Chair During Deliverance Session. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.