Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? (4641 Views)

Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / Disciplining A Christian Child: The Difference Between Discipline And Punishment / Prayer Points For June 2016 RCCG Holy Ghost Service. Victorious Praise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 4:43am On Sep 06, 2015
Both are asinine vain repetition

Matthew 6:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Tundeiab(m): 5:09am On Sep 06, 2015
What is this one saying? It seems you have never been afflicted by demons. When you do, you will know that VIOLENT prayers work.

Elijah prayed same prayer 7 times with his head INBETWEEN his knees. It was on the 7th time that A cloud appeared which signified that rain was about falling.
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Lanceslot(m): 5:27am On Sep 06, 2015
Op what about OUR FATHER or THE GRACE?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by respect80(m): 6:28am On Sep 06, 2015
Are you sure someone isn't somewhere doing this to you
There must be an old woman behind this.
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by fromnigeria(m): 6:41am On Sep 06, 2015
respect80:

Old woman like your granny, Thats if you've not been tricked into killing her.

Low mentality
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 06, 2015
bro if u harbour this mentality then ur soul is a hidden place for demons, bro this is the end time so as lucifer and his angels are coming out with full force then you as a child of GOD you pray out violent with full force, eg die by fire seven times bcaus the KINGDOM OF GOD suffereth violence and men of violence take it by force.
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by respect80(m): 8:34am On Sep 06, 2015
fromnigeria:

[s]Old woman like your granny, Thats if you've not been tricked into killing her.

Low mentality
[/s]

Sorry bro from what he wrote it was so difficult for me to calculate his percentage of fool:ishn:ess thats why I felt there must be an old woman behind this because it's too early to start spewing trash.
But don't you think you are also suffering from this low mentality Cos my statement above shows its an assumption of what people usually think or you can't understand simple English?
Thanks
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by fromnigeria(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
respect80:
[/s]

Sorry bro from what he wrote it was so difficult for me to calculate his percentage of fool:ishn:ess thats why I felt there must be an old woman behind this because it's too early to start spewing trash.
But don't you think you are also suffering from this low mentality Cos my statement above shows its an assumption of what people usually think or you can't understand simple English?
Thanks

Thank YOU
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by plaetton: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Tundeiab:
What is this one saying? It seems you have never been afflicted by demons. When you do, you will know that VIOLENT prayers work.

Elijah prayed same prayer 7 times with his head INBETWEEN his knees. It was on the 7th time that A cloud appeared which signified that rain was about falling.

And have you been afflicted by demons?

Speaking of Elijah, Why don't you pray for a time machine to take you back to elijah 's time?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Tundeiab:

Elijah is the king of canned prayers? cheesy
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Lanceslot:
Op what about OUR FATHER or THE GRACE?
Who asked you to recite either?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
respect80:

Doing what?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
respect80:
[/s]

Thanks
Deal with the substance of my post. Demonstrating us how you were raised to insult is asinine
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Tundeiab(m): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
vooks:

Elijah is the king of canned prayers? cheesy
The guy worry o.
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Tundeiab(m): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
plaetton:

And have you been afflicted by demons?

Speaking of Elijah, Why don't you pray for a time machine to take you back to elijah 's time?
Brother, you are not making sense...
In my own point of view, he was the greatest prophet in the Old Testament. At least sit down and ask yourself why this is so. It's simply because of your so called "CANNED PRAYER"
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by plaetton: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Tundeiab:
In my own point of view, he was the greatest prophet in the Old Testament. At least sit down and ask yourself why this is so. It's simply because of your so called "CANNED PRAYER"

LOL.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, brother.

Come out from the stone-age mindset and embrace the present.

Stop reading this book or Similar BOOKs. They are mental Toxins.

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Tundeiab:
Isn't it obvious that vain repetitious prayers are different from praying for the same thing severally?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
plaetton:

LOL.

Look at this Neanderthal scoffer stalking me
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by plaetton: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
vooks:

Look at this Neanderthal scoffer stalking me

Lol.

Stalking you ?

Do you look like Nkeiru Sylvanus , or are you a purveyor of middle east stone-age filths undecided ?

Those are the only two conditions for which I would stalk you .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Stalking you ?

Do you look like Nkeiru Sylvanus , or are you a purveyor of middle east stone-age filths undecided ?

Those are the only two conditions for which I would stalk you .
Heard you Negro. Anything else you'd like to add?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Tundeiab(m): 1:09am On Sep 08, 2015
vooks:

Isn't it obvious that vain repetitious prayers are different from praying for the same thing severally?
Explain please...
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Tundeiab(m): 1:10am On Sep 08, 2015
plaetton:

LOL.

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Goshen360(m): 2:27am On Sep 08, 2015
MFM, their leadership & followers are the most religious confused people in Nigeria. As if they read a different bible or just following the doctrines of men. Nobody can say nothing to them and their followers in an attempt to correct them. They're going to call you all kinds of names!

As for those praying to\in Mary's name - they are just completely blind. If the head is blind, the whole body is definitely in complete darkness.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 3:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Tundeiab:

Explain please...
Explain what?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by italo: 8:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Vooks, not all repetitious prayers are vain repetitions.

What determines whether it's vain or not is the intention and mindset of the one saying the prayer. The verse you quoted shows that prayer that is said with the mindset that your many words is what matters...is vain.

However, one can repeat a prayer with a reflective mindset and it would be fine.

Jesus repeated the same prayer thrice.

The living creatures in Revelations are seen repeating the same prayer forever and ever.

Are those vain repetitions?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by italo: 8:32am On Sep 08, 2015
Goshen360:
MFM, their leadership & followers are the most religious confused people in Nigeria. As if they read a different bible or just following the doctrines of men. Nobody can say nothing to them and their followers in an attempt to correct them. They're going to call you all kinds of names!

As for those praying to\in Mary's name - they are just completely blind. If the head is blind, the whole body is definitely in complete darkness.

If I say "Goshen, pray for me," am I praying in Goshen's name?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 08, 2015
Goshen360:

Christian Goshen,

To you, you are the only person doing the right thing.

I hope you have never reaped any prayer in your life before?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by vooks: 9:14am On Sep 08, 2015
italo:
Vooks, not all repetitious prayers are vain repetitions.

What determines whether it's vain or not is the intention and mindset of the one saying the prayer. The verse you quoted shows that prayer that is said with the mindset that your many words is what matters...is vain.

However, one can repeat a prayer with a reflective mindset and it would be fine.

Good point

Jesus repeated the same prayer thrice.
And he told us not to make vain repetitions. Soo vain repetition is not praying for something severally. Mumbling memorized lines especially in quick succession counts as vanity

The living creatures in Revelations are seen repeating the same prayer forever and ever.

Are those vain repetitions?
They were worshipping not praying. That's a song
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by italo: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2015
vooks:

Good point

And he told us not to make vain repetitions. Soo vain repetition is not praying for something severally. Mumbling memorized lines especially in quick succession counts as vanity
Doing it merely as a routine is discouraged.
Mumbling memorized prayer, in the right spirit, with deep reflection on what one is saying, is okay.
vooks:

They were worshipping not praying. That's a song

Rev4:8 The four living creatures, each of them with six wings,* were covered with eyes inside and out. Day and night they do not stop exclaiming:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty,

who was, and who is, and who is to come.”d

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to the one who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,

10 the twenty-four elders fall down before the one who sits on the throne and worship him, who lives forever and ever. They throw down their crowns before the throne, exclaiming:
11 “Worthy are you, Lord our God,
to receive glory and honor and power,

for you created all things;

because of your will they came to be and were created.”

If after reading the above, you say it is not prayer, but the 'Hail Mary' is prayer...

Then I ask you: what is prayer?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Goshen360(m): 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
dmandy:

Christian Goshen,

To you, you are the only person doing the right thing.

I hope you have never reaped any prayer in your life before?

It seems you fall into the MFM categories right? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
italo:

If I say "Goshen, pray for me," am I praying in Goshen's name?

Goshen, pray for you everytime you come before God? Seriously?
Re: What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys? by italo: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Goshen360:

Goshen, pray for you everytime you come before God? Seriously?

The question I asked was: if I say, "Goshen, pray for me,' am I praying in your name?

If you can't answer such simple question honestly, it says a lot about how much you loathe the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Holy Ghost Annual Congress Topic From 1998 - 2019 / Occultic Pastors In Nigeria / The World Is Sinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.