Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Between Big Churches And Chapels - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Big Churches And Chapels (769 Views)

Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed / My 2 Cent About Big Churches / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Big Churches And Chapels by encryptjay(m): 9:07am On Sep 06, 2015
Since I got admitted into the University, I started attending a Chapel (Chapel of Redemption) and I noticed a lot of differences between Chapels and some big churches in Nigeria.

Before I go straight to the point, the big churches preach messages based on prosperity and don't talk about how to grow spiritually most times. They preach what a 21st century Christian wants to hear.

Men of God who speak the word and how to be a better Christian at times don't usually have much members compared to the ones who preach about prosperity and work miracles.

The members of a chapel usually come to hear God's word and not the words from the MoGs since the speakers/preachers are usually rotated even though it's lead by a chaplain.

Their understanding of the Bible is quite different to an extent.

I'm not trying to compare segregate the church but it's an observation and I'll like you guys in this section to talk on it.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Between Big Churches And Chapels by encryptjay(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Christians Would Go To Hell-unpardonable Sin / See The White Man That Was Spotted At A Prayer Ground In Akure. / Ex-Mormon Matthew Duff details his journey to atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.