Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? (5113 Views)

OUR RECENT INSTALLATIONS (ELECTRICAL, CCTV, FIRE ALARM,CEILING SPEAKERS) / Make Your Request And Budget Known,and I Will Get It For You / For Your Pop Ceiling, Pop Cement, Plaster Board, Pop Arc, And Pillar Designs, Sc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by NaijahMann: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Nairaland Experts.

Abeg come to you brothers aid. I want to renovate a property and I need to get a good understanding of what options I have before I proceed. I am a JJC in the whole property business so I am looking from guidance from all angles.

One of the first things I would like to do is change the ceiling in the property. I have attached a picture of what it looks like now. What it can be changed to to make it more modern? If you were to renovate this type of ceiling what would you be installing?

Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by SexyStrawberry(f): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Ashbestors! hehehehehehehheehhehe grin
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by NaijahMann: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Strawberry my sister. Thanks for this. So na the Asbestos that I have been hearing all this time I didn't even know. Kai I have fallen my own hand with my JJC'nes

So if I remove this what can I replace it with?
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
this is asbestos best for absorbing sounds. good for halls and musical studios
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by NaijahMann: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
exhibition:

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!

Is it still in use for building projects?
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by mufutau55(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
NaijahMann:
So if I remove this what can I replace it with?

You can replace it with good PVC ceilings and if you have enough fund then POP is the extreme.
Paragon Amoula PVC brand is one of the best durable PVC.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by gabbytabby: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
exhibition:

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!

Good for dying of cancer.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by KolaShangOne(m): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
gabbytabby:

Lol..Madam, I think the danger is more in the production factories than home use..
Funny enough, asbestos is still being produced in large quantities in Nigerite @Ikeja. I don't know why it hasn't been shut town especially as its located in Lagos capital.
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by kopell: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Lol..Madam, I think the danger is more in the production factories than home use..
Funny enough, asbestos is still being produced in large quantities in Nigerite @Ikeja. I don't know why it hasn't been shut town especially as its located in Lagos capital.
I don't think Nigerite are still using asbestos for there resent product. Pls do your research, and prove me wrong. I new for fact in U.S. It's stop being used since 1972 till date.

1 Like

Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by NaijahMann: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
My people thanks for the replies.

If I go for POP can I replace this will the property is in occupation or would it need to be vacant for the period?

1 Like

Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by abouzaid: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2015
gabbytabby:

nigerite is using cement fibres not asbestos in producing them. they have stopped using it for a long time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by gabbytabby: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2015
abouzaid:
nigerite is using cement fibres not asbestos in producing them. they have stopped using it for a long time.

I will research that but how many are still using asbestos and killing their worker and the general population.
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by gabbytabby: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2015
KolaShangOne:

The danger is exposure to the dust and that can also happen at home.
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by Dominionng(m): 5:07am On Sep 19, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Asbestos was never a product but mineral substance just like tremolite and amosite. It was a substance added to the production of ceiling sheets for insulation purpose. It has long been replaced with eternit and nutec since experts discovered that it's cancerous. Russia, Brazil and other asbestos producing Nations halted the production of the substance long ago. So, Nigerite don't add the substance in the production of their ceiling sheets. Lagos is safe! grin Regards...
Re: What Is This Ceiling Type Known As And What Can I Change It To? by KolaShangOne(m): 12:00am On Sep 21, 2015
Dominionng:

Asbestos was never a product but mineral substance just like tremolite and amosite. It was a substance added to the production of ceiling sheets for insulation purpose. It has long been replaced with eternit and nutec since experts discovered that it's cancerous. Russia, Brazil and other asbestos producing Nations halted the production of the substance long ago. So, Nigerite don't add the substance in the production of their ceiling sheets. Lagos is safe! grin Regards...

Thanks for the enlightenment sir.

(1) (Reply)

Home Repairs And Alternative; 5 Advantage And Disadvantage / Adron Homes. For Land In Ibeju-lekki, Shimawa, Atan-ota, Ikorodu, (080944441216) / Okota Building Plans Architect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.