Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Advice: Children's Clothing Store - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice: Children's Clothing Store (4387 Views)

Second-hand Clothing Store Close Down Sale - Items Available At Giveaway Prices / Children's Clothing Business / Shops in NY That Sell Children Clothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice: Children's Clothing Store by lullaby(f): 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2009
Hi My peeps,

So i plan to start selling children's cloths (2-6 yrs)  in Nigeria and would like to have an idea of how much they sell for in Nigeria. Specifically, how much do these cost in the boutiques?

girls:
-formal dresses for church and special occasions
-casual dresses
-nice t-shirt
-nice jeans skirt
-nice jeans trousers

boys:
-tshirt and jeans set
-nice designer tshirt

Also, I have 2 choices: either sell to someone who will resell to the boutiques or start my own boutique, which is better?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Advice: Children's Clothing Store by luckyme9(f): 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2009
My sister, There is a wide range of factors to consider in this business just as with any other biz.  First of, I will tell you the 2-6 age range is not wide enough.   Your will have to pick between infants or todler or both.  In my opinion, do both, that is infant and todler. meaning from babies to age 7 or 8.  Then as time goes on, the market will decide which one to keep and which one to let go.   

Now lets talk about wholesale or retail.  I will say you start with wholesale, if you already have your source, china is a goon one.  You sound like you are not in Nigeria, so it might be harder to run a boutiq in Nigeria while you are living abroad.   let's asume you plan on coming to settle home, having a first class kids boutiq at affordable price is a very good idea.

You realy have to get out there and start dealing with actual people in the business,  just bring home one or two boxes of clothes, go to strategic places like Alade market, Teju Osho, Balogun and any other newer spots, offer them what you have, talk to them, see what they are selling.  In my opinion, that's the best way to learn"I'm a get up and go woman"

Location and your marketing strategies is going to play a big factor too.  We'll talk about that once you decide which one

i'm stating a second hand boutiq here in America this fall, check out my wesite, it's still under construction
blooming-deals.com   You can alway leave a message on my  website
Good luck baby
Re: Advice: Children's Clothing Store by shushu(f): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2009
x

(1) (Reply)

CEO Of Anambra Based Tommy Tommy Noodles Spotted At His Farm- PICTURES / Any Biz Ideas For Someone With 24-7 Internet Connection? / Power Output Drops To 3,313mw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.