Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) (23486 Views)

PHOTOS: Handsome Nigerian Promoted To A Sergeant In United States Army / Fulani, Abubakar Adamu 'Ano' Promoted To Brigadier General In Nigerian Army / I Am About Making A Decision That Would Cost Me My I.T Placement: Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Gistwitherico(m): 8:30am On Sep 07, 2015
The movie- COURAGEOUS. Wonderful christian show.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by kennyddonn(m): 8:30am On Sep 07, 2015
h
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by bjprodint(f): 8:32am On Sep 07, 2015
lheksban:
:PI smell lies (__)[ ;DI smell lies (__)
dis guy is not nigerian sad
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by AfroKnight: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2015
rman:
In as much a culture of Integrity and honesty is a core value of most businesses, I do not see any serious company picking managers based on this simple test alone.

MNC groom talents to become managers and by the time they are ready, the company already knows those that are honest and can be trusted.

IMO, your test is a cheap test of integrity.

No serious company chooses managers based only on integrity tests like these. Like he wrote, they had been watching him like the other 9 who failed the test. Obviously they needed to pick a manager from that crop. So I'm quite certain he had the requisite managerial skills and they only needed to be sure about his integrity.

Never downplay integrity in business or management. The lack of it can destroy an organisation just as fast as incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by enigmagu1(m): 8:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Give Your 100%
A boy and a girl were playing together. The boy
had a collection of marbles. The girl had some
sweets with her. The boy told the girl that he will
give her all his marbles in exchange for her
sweets. The girl agreed.
The boy kept the biggest and the most beautiful
marble aside and gave the rest to the girl. The girl
gave him all her sweets as she had promised.
That night, the girl slept peacefully. But the boy
couldn't sleep as he kept wondering if the girl had
hidden some sweets from him the way he had
hidden his best marble.
Moral of the story: If you don't give your hundred
percent in a relationship, you'll always keep
doubting if the other person has given his/her
hundred percent.. This is applicable for any
relationship like love, friendship , employer-
employee relationship etc., Give your hundred
percent to everything you do and sleep peacefully .
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2015
gabazin080:
Super story season wat is dis
season 47
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Fourwinds: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2015
Tnycee:
I've watched this movie before..., the guy latter married the MD's first daughter grin grin.
cheesy
Tnycee:
I've watched this movie before..., the guy latter married the MD's first daughter grin grin.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Honesty is key ..No matter the size of your test.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by lurlah2014(f): 8:37am On Sep 07, 2015
I HOPE THOSE FRAUDSTER THAT LIKE DEFRAUDING PEOPLE WILL LEARN FROM THIS#congratulation#
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by APRIDE(m): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2015
I have read the book. It's a no-brainer.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by JoeCutie(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2015
lurlah2014:
I HOPE THOSE FRAUDSTER THAT LIKE DEFRAUDING PEOPLE WILL LEARN FROM THIS#congratulation#
Have you ever been defrauded before? grin
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2015
Sijo01:
Aiit o
bae. its been a while oooo
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by lurlah2014(f): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2015
my parent has been, my dad part is the must painful part cos it almost rendered my parent useless to we the children
JoeCutie:
Have you ever been defrauded before? grin
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Rajosh(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2015
This is from the movie courageous. op so you're Javier the Mexican.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by JoeCutie(m): 8:49am On Sep 07, 2015
lurlah2014:
my parent has been, my dad part is the must painful part cos it almost rendered my parent useless to we the children
Eeyah. Ndo ooh?
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by anonimi: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2015
gabazin080:
Super story season wat is dis

Super story for a LAZY fat arseholee like you that probably depends on someone else slaving away and giving you handouts daily to feed yourself.

If you have nothing positive to contribute to a good motivational thread abeg scram. That is to say disappear aka disfarahan. angry

Oshisko dede.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2164168_img2442716439770_jpeg_jpeg49f4a056f74762c61c152da509187c60
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by DjAndroid: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2015
This Op, dem no teach you how to use tenses for you primary school?

1 Like

Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Omotayor123(f): 9:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Wow.... Nice one! *But I don't blame the others though, they are trying to save their jobs.

Congratulations.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by cocoberry(f): 9:06am On Sep 07, 2015
I have seen d movie...... Courageous!!!!

affairsnaija:
By peter Moses

My Story is quite amazing how in less than one year i got promoted to a manager Position.

Last year a friend of my, introduced me to a Manufacturing company and i applied for a sales Rep. position. After spending 3years working parttime in (3)three different company as a sales Rep. i never stop searching and applying for better job opportunities untill early last year
i got a Permanent job in a manufacturing Company as a sales Rep.

I served the Company with Passion, Solving problems that needed my Solutions, i gave values to all my activities in the Company by working harder in achieving goals and objectives of the Company but never knew i was been monitor closely by the Company Superior Staffs untill early this year the month of March precisely i recieved a Call to Report to the MD office.

As soon as i report to the MD office, he told me straight ahead that he needed me to perform one simple task and if welldone i will be promoted to Manager from my sales Rep position,
However, i never knew i was been put to test by the superior officials to see how reliable i am to be trusted with Manager position.

They told me to deliver a product to one of the Company major Customer and deposit half the transaction amount to the Company acount and the other half to a private account not associated to the Company mode of payment in anyway.

I was Shocked at first because what i was told to do is not right, it's illegal, when they saw the nagative reaction on my face they now told me to think about it and return the next day with my answer that the only way i can get promoted is to accept and do the job. So, i agree to think over it.

When i return the next day i told them i cant do the job because i cant participate in an illegal transaction to defraud the Company i work for. So, one of the superior held my hand and said congratulation you have pass the test by not accepting to do the job for that you have been promoted to Sales Manager position.

They told me that out of the 10 people the tested i was the only person that pass the test.

My advice to employee out there is to serve companies they work for free and fair with clean mind and surely they shall be rewarded.

http://nigeriacurrentaffairs1..in/2015/09/one-critical-descision-that-got-me.html#more
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Kenchukky(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2015
See what too much Nollywood is doing to some people.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by rman: 9:12am On Sep 07, 2015
AfroKnight:

No serious company chooses managers based only on integrity tests like these. Like he wrote, they had been watching him like the other 9 who failed the test. Obviously they needed to pick a manager from that crop. So I'm quite certain he had the requisite managerial skills and they only needed to be sure about his integrity.

Never downplay integrity in business or management. The lack of it can destroy an organisation just as fast as incompetence.

I get your point. He made it look like that singular act made him get the job.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Herapal(m): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2015
starbuck:
Story for the gods..........

Is like you just watched COURAGEOUS of recent , the film where it was acted.
I wonder o. Na Naija version of Courageous be this. Lie lie op.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by VANENON(f): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2015
Y do we always think people make up stories?!
Congratulations Bro!!! Honesty does pay, don't bother yourself with any of the doubting Thomases

1 Like

Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Toks2008(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2015
affairsnaija:
By peter Moses

My Story is quite amazing how in less than one year i got promoted to a manager Position.

Last year a friend of my, introduced me to a Manufacturing company and i applied for a sales Rep. position. After spending 3years working parttime in (3)three different company as a sales Rep. i never stop searching and applying for better job opportunities untill early last year

I served the Company with Passion, Solving problems that needed my Solutions, i gave values to all my activities in the Company by working harder in achieving goals and objectives of the Company but never knew i was been monitor closely by the Company Superior Staffs untill early this year the month of March precisely i recieved a Call to Report to the MD office.

As soon as i report to the MD office, he told me straight ahead that he needed me to perform one simple task and if welldone i will be promoted to Manager from my sales Rep position,
However, i never knew i was been put to test by the superior officials to see how reliable i am to be trusted with Manager position.

They told me to deliver a product to one of the Company major Customer and deposit half the transaction amount to the Company acount and the other half to a private account not associated to the Company mode of payment in anyway.

I was Shocked at first because what i was told to do is not right, it's illegal, when they saw the nagative reaction on my face they now told me to think about it and return the next day with my answer that the only way i can get promoted is to accept and do the job. So, i agree to think over it.

When i return the next day i told them i cant do the job because i cant participate in an illegal transaction to defraud the Company i work for. So, one of the superior held my hand and said congratulation you have pass the test by not accepting to do the job for that you have been promoted to Sales Manager position.

They told me that out of the 10 people the tested i was the only person that pass the test.

My advice to employee out there is to serve companies they work for free and fair with clean mind and surely they shall be rewarded.

http://nigeriacurrentaffairs1..in/2015/09/one-critical-descision-that-got-me.html#more

Story gor the gods.

Even Sunday osumbo the notorious criminal will pass this cheap test.

1 Like

Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by anonimi: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2015
DjAndroid:
This Op, dem no teach you how to use tenses for you primary school?

I saw that but decided to overlook it so we can focus on the very positive overall message for personal and communal/societal advancement contained in his OP.
I hope he can work on making his English language skills brighter with the same passion he demonstrated in his job. cheesy
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Sketch007(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2015
Tnycee:
Wicked !!

So u were there when it was being acted behind that upstair opposite our house n u couldn't stop by to say hello Nawa !....
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by Sheikwonder(m): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2015
starbuck:
Story for the gods..........

Is like you just watched COURAGEOUS of recent , the film where it was acted.

You just read my mind....a high five to you...
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by possibilita(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2015
No b John Dumelo act diz film so?yes I remember,na dat film wey e b taxi driver n white man come forget him suit case full of cash , some crucial document 4 him taxi so e come trace d man go return am,and in return d man come reward am with better job but as d man n partner fire their manager n Dumelo dey work hard na d man suggest Dumelo as their new manager but the partner no trust Dumelo and decided to test him.blablablabla n so on,if no b film e no fit b like film 9ja men looking 4 the best pay job #watevaittake since 11BC
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by 400billionman: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2015
God bless you. Sincerity is difficult in this world.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by chax100(f): 10:11am On Sep 07, 2015
I pray you encounter Dr. Tinubu soon, you will have a change of heart. If you think I'm lying ask Ambode. Dr. Tinubu, the professional criminal of all time.
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by tonero230(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2015
affairsnaija:
By peter Moses

Congrats!plz i have interview tommorrow in one company.Position is sales rep.
Plz,what do i need to know about that sales rep.Is it the same thing with marketing?
Re: One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) by femynho(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Reveal My Salary Status? / COVID-19: 8,000 Redivivus Workers Sacked In Anambra / Meet The 12-year-old Girl Who Pays Her Own School Fees By Selling Newspaper. Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.