Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants (1037 Views)

Painful Smile Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
Majority of the Togolese immigrants who are living temporarily at the Lagos State-owned camp for Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s) at Igando and Agbowa are women and children who have lived in Benin Republic for 10 years until recently when the Beninoise authority expelled them from the neighbouring country.
Most of the younger ones among them looked malnourished. The elderly too are not different in their appearances. Although few of them could speak English, majority of them speak their dialect while some of them speak French fluently.
Apparently not aware of the travail of their parents, children of the immigrants were seen playing around in the camp when Daily Trust visited the relief camp.
The literate ones among them knew they are yet to reach their final destination as they have been made to understand that Agbowa and Igando Relief Camp were meant for Internally Displaced People within the state and not meant for foreign nationals seeking asylum. Thus, they were not sure of what decision the Federal Government of Nigeria will take about them.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/we-ll-be-happy-if-nigeria-grants-us-asylum-togolese-immigrants/108535.html
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by emmyblackky(m): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
We are ready to grant all your citizens asylum, come and occupy Sambisa forest
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by Abbeyme: 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
@op, why not just copy the story to paste on nairaland. People don't have to navigate away from nairaland to read an article you are reporting. Abi..

2 Likes

Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Abbeyme:
@op, why not just copy the story to paste on nairaland. People don't have to navigate away from nairaland to read an article you are reporting. Abi..
Thanks somebody already did it that for me... I just copied the link and left it that way,,

But i just watched it on TV and those Togolese said their is Insecurity in their Country that's why they are in Nigeria, I was just laughing..
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Abbeyme:
Thanks somebody already did it that for me... I just copied the link and left it that way,,

But i just watched it on TV and those Togolese said there is Insecurity in their Country that's why they are in Nigeria, I was just laughing..
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by JiggamanGh: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
shizzy7:

But i just watched it on TV and those Togolese said their is Insecurity in their Country that's why they are in Nigeria, I was just laughing..

Why were you laughing?
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Why were you laughing?
Because there is No Insecurity in Togo and there is in Nigeria..

One even said we already signed an agreement with Togolese government in Geneva conference to grant the Asylum which is wrong..
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by cbrass(m): 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
shizzy7:

Are you in the one in the middle?
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by JiggamanGh: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
shizzy7:
Because there is No Insecurity in Togo and there is in Nigeria..

One even said we already signed an agreement with Togolese government in Geneva conference to grant the Asylum which is wrong..

There has been political instability for almost 10 years now. Nigeria's instability is only in parts of the country.

Yall better grant them asylum since you are supposed to be the leader of west Africa.
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
JiggamanGh:

There has been political instability for almost 10 years now. Nigeria's instability is only in parts of the country.

Yall better grant them asylum since you are supposed to be the leader of west Africa.
Anytime they come in they go straight to the Urban and rich part of Lagos in Ikoyi....
They already have 3 different IDP camps for them BUT the more we put them there the more they come in and we have Boko haram that we are still dealing with I don't think this is the right time to accommodate them,,I blame those in charge of our borders

Abegi the 'supposed leader" is already overpopulated..
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
cbrass:

Are you in the one in the middle?
NO
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by JiggamanGh: 11:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
shizzy7:
Anytime they come in they go straight to the Urban and rich part of Lagos in Ikoyi....
They already have 3 different IDP camps for them BUT the more we put them there the more they come in and we have Boko haram that we are still dealing with I don't think this is the right time to accommodate them,,I blame those in charge of our borders

With great powers comes great responsibility. If you call yourself giant of Africa then should be ready to act like a giant.

If they don't have money then how are they able to live in the rich part. Your government needs to slowly but surely incorporate them to society.
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 12:23am On Sep 07, 2015
JiggamanGh:

With great powers comes great responsibility. If you call yourself giant of Africa then should be ready to act like a giant.

If they don't have money then how are they able to live in the rich part. Your government needs to slowly but surely incorporate them to society.

What they do is put their load on the streets,, Sleep in front of people's house,,block the roads and all and they get Immediate attention from the govt..if they had gone to the slums,nobody cares

We already have a whole lot of them in the country. I don't think this is the right time to incorporate them into the society..
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by 4stylz: 1:24am On Sep 07, 2015
shizzy7:

If westerners don't give you visa, you will be crying; with the population of Africans in the west, they haven't closed borders; our own brothers are asking for asylum and you are saying this;

Pray crises don't happen in nigeria; and I will see where you will run to; some people don't just understand the real meaning of countries relation; U think is to sit down and drink wine?
Re: We Will Be Happy If Nigeria Grants Us Asylum - Togolese Migrants by shizzy7(f): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2015
4stylz:

If westerners don't give you visa, you will be crying; with the population of Africans in the west, they haven't closed borders; our own brothers are asking for asylum and you are saying this;

Pray crises don't happen in nigeria; and I will see where you will run to; some people don't just understand the real meaning of countries relation; U think is to sit down and drink wine?
BUT they are FOREVER Deporting Nigerians In Hundred and Thousands From their Countries Bringing Us in Cattle Trucks,even the WESTERNERS don't deports us in that number,,Oh they didn't remember that we're brothers I Just don't know why We never deport them??

Please,, I am not one of those searching for Visa to anywhere...To you Boko Haram is not a crisis Killing us in thousands I don't know What other Name you've for it,,...Don't tell me its just part of Nigeria 'cos if they move to other states,,,y'all are the same people who will start insulting our military...

(1) (Reply)

Photos/video: Nigerian Woman Assaulted On A London Bus / Destination Of The Week: Ile-ife / Unidentified Female Corp Member Burns To Death In An Accident (Graphic Pixs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.