Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure (15953 Views)

Brexit: Nigerian Stocks Investors Lose N278bn / Stock Market Shareholders Lose N1.15trn In Q1 / Jpmorgan: Investors Lose N311bn In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by informato: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2015
ichidodo:
This is nothing... By 2019,Nigeria would have lost enough to send her back to the stone-age of Abacha and SAP...
what do u expect ? when someone without a primary six certificate is ruling NORTHGERIA

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 07, 2015
Yes investors lost but i gain and gain always.
I still remain my humble self "BobomeeWeeklyProfit" . with a ranking of 6 today
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2015
Truckpusher:
Buhari is an Economic epidemic that is in full swing, waiting to happen. grin

These loses arent attributable to PMB, its a fallout of the global economy which is in recession, we re feeling the effects cos we are a monoproduct economy, .IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PMB, BUT RATHER THE CLUELESS GEJ.
Stop wailing.

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2015
kaeforum:

These loses arent attributable to PMB, its a fallout of the global economy which is in recession, we re feeling the effects cos we are a monoproduct economy, .IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PMB, BUT RATHER THE CLUELESS GEJ.
Stop wailing.

We all took out precious time to read the post. Pls go back and do the same, robot, before u comment on the cause. Or are you more of an expert than those that wrote the article?
I know how painful it is to admit defeat, but I admitted it around march 29. Pls admit your president is a failure..
#100wasteddays #Apcpropaganda
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by anwo247: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2015
The members of the Association of Gullible Nigerians (AGN ) do not know that their dullard has been a great loss to this nation. To them, buahri is infallible.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by GenbIoodykiller: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2015
Firefire:

Where is that Nairaland FAKE Economist...?

I mean that hmmmmm....?

ngeneukwenu

2 Likes

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by 989900: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2015
Baba do something.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2015
PDPwayoo:

u r too ignorant to think that NOI or CBN gov. care about people's life. you are totally brain washed.
OK!!! Ur mumu na confirm! I never said NOI and the than CBN gov cared about anybody. I only pointed out to you that Nigerians felt the effect of the world stack market crash even though we were told not to worry. In other word, that statistics matter a lot to the economy of a national.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Akpan107(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2015
gurunlocker:
one thing I noticed is PMB doesn't have clue about the economy...... I hope the giant won't fall
The giant fell the APC too over power. APC is a disaster i thought will never happend to Nigerians. we shuold all start thinking of regional system of government or we divide the country so that the populace of Southern Nigeria and Arewa Republic will enjoy their respective government.

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Antisubsidy: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Happiness87:
passingshot, gobe7, demdem, ngeneukwenu, dre11 come and blindly defend your boss

passingshot, yours is worst you always argue foolishly, you have a lot of work to do defending your boss, you better spend more time preparing for Jamb and postume

Why do you people always forget Omenka? I think he is worse than all of the others combined. The guy is certifiably bunkers.

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by betty202020(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
More to come. First dividend of BUHARINOMICS. Before yr, it will be #13.7tr.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Spybradd: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
ZOOGERIA...EKU CHANGI.. grin
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by BraniacX(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

So you believe that the dearth or absence of policy, as you put it, by the administration did not extend to the area 'infrastructural work and policy implementation'. Who could have made such possible?

It extends to it but the carry over of infrastructural works already begun and partly paid for under contractual terms and obligations by the previous administration which buhari can only cancel at the risk of contractual fines like the lagos metro project of the 80's and also the awkward questions as to why still goes on even if buhari disapproves and case in study is the 2nd niger bridge which he cancelled because construction is yet to start so should i now give him credit for power stations, transmission lines, refinery repairs and proposed construction put in place by the previous administration with private sector partnerships? I don't think so but the economy and its indices are not substantial though its effects on us are very substantial and all buhari had to do was continue with previous policies until he put his own allegedly better one in place but no, buhari had to disrupt policy while formulating draconian policies through the CBN without proper consultations and the economy is very sensitive even to perceptions and inactivity from a person holding the post of the president which isn't insignificant

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Spybradd: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
CHIMPANZEEpost=37758767:

Stop wailing.

grin
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
OldJohn:

We all took out precious time to read the post. Pls go back and do the same, robot, before u comment on the cause. Or are you more of an expert than those that wrote the article?
I know how painful it is to admit defeat, but I admitted it around march 29. Pls admit your president is a failure..
#100wasteddays #Apcpropaganda

Thats the facts of the matter, I know u wont accept the truth, after all fall of the naira started during gejs time from 166 to 210 when he was foolishly spending our external reserves for his political ambition.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by draspi: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
click here to read more https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=834758209976414&id=297737717011802&set=ms.c.eJw9z8kVxCAMA9CO5nnDS~%3B~_NTWJFHD8yMrRHnRqdqYzwX8OWGa4y18iNPsiTbneZKqFn5~%3B3ALbp5Fu3wzePte07oRG40~_ozzz~_adV9qRX5~_1Dl0w~_3W2P5ibIA96~%3ByeVNN7D~%3B7ehT9CXhv3y7U~_L977lyT~%3BPQEhX.bps.a.834757913309777.1073741890.297737717011802&source=48
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Buhari is a scam! Period!
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
BraniacX:

It extends to it but the carry over of infrastructural works already begun and partly paid for under contractual terms and obligations by the previous administration which buhari can only cancel at the risk of contractual fines like the lagos metro project of the 80's and also the awkward questions as to why still goes on even if buhari disapproves and case in study is the 2nd niger bridge which he cancelled because construction is yet to start so should i now give him credit for power stations, transmission lines, refinery repairs and proposed construction put in place by the previous administration with private sector partnerships? I don't think so but the economy and its indices are not substantial though its effects on us are very substantial and all buhari had to do was continue with previous policies until he put his own allegedly better one in place but no, buhari had to disrupt policy while formulating draconian policies through the CBN without proper consultations and the economy is very sensitive even to perceptions and inactivity from a person holding the post of the president which isn't insignificant

I have a little issue with long grammar, pardon me for that weakness. However, some of the 'effective' previous policies disrupted might include _____ and _______.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
kaeforum:

Thats the facts of the matter, I know u wont accept the truth, after all fall of the naira started during gejs time from 166 to 210 when he was foolishly spending our external reserves for his political ambition.

Loool. I laugh u. Obviously u know nothing about our economy and the world economy at large.

Fall of our naira happened due to the fall of oil price around the world and we weren't even the ones with the highest casualty as even Russia had it worse. Stop blaming GEJ for every bad thing in your life and the government. That's what the later is using to deceive gullible Nigerians like u

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/rouble-plummets-to-new-record-low-amid-tumbling-oil-prices-9895467.html

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by tswitch: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thats what the slowpokes who voted the Daura President brought upon other well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by ibedun: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Firefire:

Wait a minute, even if na for book.

Are you saying all the investors in our capital market are non-Nigerians and even ghost ?

We do have small in-house investors that their investment value is noise diving, this do have economic impact on our economy.

Mumu!!! The stock values are artificial and largely based on sentiments Yes! ordinary sentiments especially in a country that produces nothing and imports just about everything. If you are intelligently tracking the Nigerian stock market indices you will find that there are no fundamental lines to support the price movement. Stock values (in the absense of company specific good or bad news) is a mostly a factor of real growth in GDP. During the clueless reign (NOI world bank clerk in tow) the Nigerian largest economy (aggregate demand) was almost entirely based on GNP growth largely driven by reckless levels of importation. That was why the Naira recorded very little exchange rate advantage during an unprecedented historic oil boom.

Baba Buhari please ignore the noisemakers o. And Reuters / the economist are western propaganda organisations who main aim is to continue spreading false information to keep western countries richer at the expense of the not-so-well-off countries.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
And the same value of stocks in NSE can also appreciate when investor confidence rises...
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
BraniacX:

What rubbish!!! angry

40% of our foreign investments are from Nigerians living in the diaspora so who exactly is the winner you're talking about here? undecided who?

What battered economy are you yapping about? Even with the slump in oil prices this same economy was coping better under GEJ this very same year Q1 and Q2 so stop twisting facts because they indicte your hapless super clueless messiah

You know the market relies much on foreign investors which is not the best. So, the political and economic situations have all contributed to the decline of the market. The foreign investors are interested in returns on their investment. They are not risk takers like the local retail investors.What you should say is the Federal Government should begin to implement policies that will attract local investors. It was the unattractive investment climate that affected the market in the past years
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
hinwazaka:

To be honest, I can't put a handle on what you are saying. The past administration created a conducive business atmosphere for foreign investors, but not at the expense of the local industries. The government ensured their survival admist foreign competition, with the implementation of the Local content bill, which helped protect the share of the local markets according to the infant industry market. This government, on the other hand is not encouraging foreign investors, and also not protecting the local industries. The only direction, you can phantom from the governments actions are the draconian measures implemented to monopolize the various markets in the nation into the hands of a few cronies and friends. This sort of practice, was also done under the administration of the late dictator Gen. Abacha. The TSA argument is a funny and deceitful attempt by the APC to rewrite history. The operation of multiple accounts was started 48years ago and was still in operation under his watch in his first stint in power, but was only put to a stop under the dispensation of GEJ. The facts speak for themselves. Our GDP is in disarray and the impact of foreign investment is at an all time low. You can't turn a pyramid on its head.

It's very clear that the foreign guys are scared to leave their money because they aren't sure what gvt is gonna do.These investors have been relying on looted funds to steer the activities in the market.Unfortunately no serious economic activity was created in the last govt.Also the present govt have found herself in these mess coupled with the falling dollar prices affecting our revenues.High govt cost and the endemic corruption has made PMB not to rush into appointing ministers and coming up with an impeccable policy direction.He needs to critically study the environment.

Due to the way stocks are traded, investors can lose quite a bit of money if they don't understand how fluctuating share prices affect their wealth. In the simplest sense, investors buy shares at a certain price and can then sell the shares to realize capital gains. However, if the share price drops dramatically resulting from bad governance, the investor will not realize a gain; in fact, the investor will lose money. For example, suppose that an investor buys 1,000 shares in a company for a total of $1,000. Due to a stock market crash, the price of the shares drops 75%.

If policy direction and low economic activity is scaring away investors,they shud know that last gvt caused it and so the new gvt needs to recover stolen funds in other to create economic activities now that oil just fell again in price.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Firefire(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
ibedun:

Mumu!!! The stock values are artificial and largely based on sentiments Yes! ordinary sentiments especially in a country that produces nothing and imports just about everything. If you are intelligently tracking the Nigerian stock market indices you will find that there are no fundamental lines to support the price movement. Stock values (in the absense of company specific good or bad news) is a mostly a factor of real growth in GDP. During the clueless reign (NOI world bank clerk in tow) the Nigerian largest economy (aggregate demand) was almost entirely based on GNP growth largely driven by reckless levels of importation. That was why the Naira recorded very little exchange rate advantage during an unprecedented historic oil boom.

Baba Buhari please ignore the noisemakers o. And Reuters / the economist are western propaganda organisations who main aim is to continue spreading false information to keep western countries richer at the expense of the not-so-well-off countries.

Ope, amukunmeko
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by Happiness87(f): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Antisubsidy:

Why do you people always forget Omenka? I think he is worse than all of the others combined. The guy is certifiably bunkers.
lol, no mind those blind followers
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by free13: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Baba one chance. angry
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by hinwazaka: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
danjumakolo:

It's very clear that the foreign guys are scared to leave their money because they aren't sure what gvt is gonna do.These investors have been relying on looted funds to steer the activities in the market.Unfortunately no serious economic activity was created in the last govt.Also the present govt have found herself in these mess coupled with the falling dollar prices affecting our revenues.High govt cost and the endemic corruption has made PMB not to rush into appointing ministers and coming up with an impeccable policy direction.He needs to critically study the environment.

Due to the way stocks are traded, investors can lose quite a bit of money if they don't understand how fluctuating share prices affect their wealth. In the simplest sense, investors buy shares at a certain price and can then sell the shares to realize capital gains. However, if the share price drops dramatically resulting from bad governance, the investor will not realize a gain; in fact, the investor will lose money. For example, suppose that an investor buys 1,000 shares in a company for a total of $1,000. Due to a stock market crash, the price of the shares drops 75%.

If policy direction and low economic activity is scaring away investors,they shud know that last gvt caused it and so the new gvt needs to recover stolen funds in other to create economic activities now that oil just fell again in price.
The actions of an investor is based on his ROI: return on investment. In pure economic terms this means the way you consider profit in relation to capital invested. Back in my school days, it was taught to us as the Rate of return on investment. If the ROI is high, then the investment gains compare favorably to investment cost. The ROI of a investor in relation to this market would be low, because the economic direction is unclear. The fact that 3 months into the new government's tenure, and still no policy direction is scary to any investor. The investors are not wary of the market because of the anti-corruption campaign, but because of the incompetence and lack of focus by the current government
PS: The SEC does not work in the way you indicated. I recommend you purchase a book on financial institutions.

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by DedeNkem: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Investors are losing money because Buhari neither have a clue about economy nor knows what he's doing.
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by favourlove1: 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
I thought some people on this platform claimed that the economy could run smoothly without a finance minister? Smh...
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by tsdarkside(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
op..you are stvpid...everybody is loosing money all over the world...if you dont believe me,go ask the chinese how much they lost in 100 days......idiaaaat... angry angry angry
Re: Investors Lose N1.6trn In First 100 Days Of Buhari Tenure by focus7: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
An indication that the usual sharp practices no longer pay, a new sheriff is in town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''BUILD Student hostel With N30millions & MAKE N9millions Every Year For 25years / Get A Reliable USD Virtual Prepaid Debit Cards For Your Account Verification / How To Begin Stock Market Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.