Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges (636 Views)

Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos / Fayose Dances At Solidarity Rally By Conference Of Ekiti Private Sector Unions / Fuel Hike: Private Sector Employee Association to disobey NLC, won't join Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges by remzaza: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2015
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State has promised to support massive investment in modern medical equipment to meet health challenges of residents of the state.

Ambode, who was represented by the Deputy Governor, made the promise at the inauguration of Clinix Healthcare, an ultramodern diagnostic center in Amuwo Odofin Local Government, Lagos.

He said that the private sector participation in healthcare delivery had complimented the efforts of government and yielded tremendous dividends through qualitative healthcare.

“We are delighted that private sector partnership has yielded yet another state- of- the art health facility, with the opening of this ultramodern diagnostic center."

Medical diagnosis is the bedrock of effective treatment. With more facilities like this, we can achieve accurate and quick diagnosis of ailments and proffer immediate treatment.

"As a Government one of our objectives is to curb the incessant travels abroad for diagnosis treatment, through our medical park projects, that will make Lagos State a destination for medical tourism."
Ambode urged residents to take their health seriously, by going for regular checks for prompt detection of ailments and treatment.

Dr. Modele Osunkiyesi, Permanent Secretary, lagos State Ministry of Health, urged the centre not to compromise the quality of services, while also stating that health diagnosis was key to detecting ailments and treatment to secure the health of the people and reduce mortality.

In his remarks, the Chairman of the diagnostic center, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo said that the desire of the center was to provide world class healthcare service and reduce medical tourism.

"our goal is to provide quality health care for our people, save lives and help stem the waste of resources through medical tourism."

The Executive Secretary of Amuwo Odofin Local Government, Deaconess Modupe Ajibola- Ojodu during a media chat noted that Nigerians deserved qualitative health care delivery.

“All over the world, most of the medical professionals are Nigerians; it pains me when I see Nigerians going for medical tourism abroad. We can get the best here, and this is what this center has provided.

Frankly speaking, Clinix Healthcare has taken health care delivery to the next level”.

She also called on spirited individuals to join hands with the government to provide the needful in the health sector.

Re: Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges by Mynd44: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2015
I have been to the Clinix center at Ikupeju....Those guya have some real good tech there. This might just be as good or better
Re: Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges by UjSizzle(f): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2015
Mynd44:
I have been to the Clinix center at Ikupeju....Those guya have some real good tech there. This might just be as good or better
Better than MeCure?
Re: Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges by Mynd44: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2015
UjSizzle:

Better than MeCure?
I'd say the two of them are strong competitors. Clinix has some nice stuff same as MeCure.

The good thing is that Nigerians are the ones that will benefit from this and as more people invest in this sort of thing, their prices will go down.
Re: Ambode Seeks Private Sector Partnership To Meet Health Challenges by Afam4eva(m): 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Mynd44:
I can attest to this as i ran some tests there a few week ago. To think that it's not even an hospital. However, i'm concerned that it's located in an industrial area.

(1) (Reply)

Please Refrain From Saying 'god Bless You' / Osun Commences Payment Of Outstanding Salaries – NLC / It Was A Rumor, Aso Villa Chapel Won't Be Relocated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.