Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? (2453 Views)

Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
dmcdad:

Please can you elucidate more on the emboldened?

Certainly. Anybody who says that marriage will shield you from being tempted is only going to be living in denial or probably living as a hermit. Everyday you'll interact with either people who you find attractive/interesting or people who find you attractive/interesting, it is the naive or self deluded who think something "unexpected" cannot develop in these circumstances. The wise however are prepared to "clamp down" on these "unexpected" developments. Marriage certain gives a reason to stay faithful and focused but it in itself cannot stop you from going astray if you choose to.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by dmcdad: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
LordReed:

Certainly. Anybody who says that marriage will shield you from being tempted is only going to be living in denial or probably living as a hermit. Everyday you'll interact with either people who you find attractive/interesting or people who find you attractive/interesting, it is the naive or self deluded who think something "unexpected" cannot develop in these circumstances. The wise however are prepared to "clamp down" on these "unexpected" developments. Marriage certain gives a reason to stay faithful and focused but it in itself cannot stop you from going astray if you choose to.
Well said...
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
LordReed:

LoL please enlighten me how you resist temptation without self-control.

I do not feel tempted in the first place because once I decide to have a monogamous relationship, I do it for the fun of it and the fun of it is more satisfying than cheating. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it, I would go for polygamy or an open relationship / marriage. it is a free world. wink
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Lawyer7(f): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
Needs lawyer? Call 08188861531(Lagos)
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Mindfulness:

I do not feel tempted in the first place because once I decide to have a monogamous relationship, I do it for the fun of it and the fun of it is more satisfying than cheating. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it, I would go for polygamy or an open relationship / marriage. it is a free world. wink

OK Super Person we hear you, LoL.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
LordReed:

OK Super Person we hear you, LoL.

Louder wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Visit Your Inlaws After Lying To Them That You Are Born Again - Pic / 6blades Reachargable Blender / Start A Perfume Oil Business With 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.