Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion (25874 Views)

Heartland FC Of Owerri Gain Promotion To NPFL (pictures & Video) / Fight At Agege Stadium As Shooting Stars Beats MFM FC 1-0(pics) / Ikorodu United Bus In A Road Accident Enroute Makurdi Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by fairheven: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
silvermania:
are you from dx planet? Best league in Africa kwa? Where we have the South African league,

South African league ke?
When was the last time a South African club won the CAF champions league?
There is nothing in SA except money.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by dominique(f): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Wow two Lagos teams in top division after all these years. Nice! If Enyimba, Pillars or Dolphins come to town I might make time to watch.

But Honeric, Weston dey happen to insurance naa? Like play like play they relegated about 10 years ago and they've not made it back to top flight.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Ninilowo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
To MFM team, every opposing team is an enemy and they must DIE by fire abi? It means by the end of next season there ll be no more team in the premiership. No be so?
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
MizMyColi:
Sai Kano Pillars! cheesy
Its Sai MaSu Gida!!!!!
Dat Ojoro club sha.....anyways I rep Enymba FC
#ThePeoplesElephants

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Pronmix(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:

i didn't forget fc ifeanyiuba! in fact i am a diehard fan of the club. yeah there are more than 4 privately own clubs in nigeria but currently only 4 is or better still will play next season in the top flight.

giwa fc
ifeanyiuba fc
ikorodu united
mfm fc
Gradually we're getting there.

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
Pangea:
God bless the MFM church
All these youth centric initiatives are to be emulated by other big churches.
The first class monetary awards and now the promotion of youths and football.
I remember those boys won the first church world cup last year or was it this year?
Most of the Big churches do have football club but because of the rot in the system over the years they have always avoided the dirty politics involved! In fact the Christian body has its own competition which many are not aware existed.

But with the continuall improvement in our league in the last four seasons many non-government owned clubs are now confident in the system and they are now given in their best shot.

Last season in the NNL MFM and COD (city of David-Redeame) played although COD were relegated but I hear they are now working their way back up the ladder.

Somewhere in Onitsha the Catholic church have bought over Anambra Pillars fc and are now known as Cardinal FC (named after Cardinal Arinze) that team represented Anambra state in the Federations cup and was eliminated in the knock out stages by Remo Stars of Shagamu.

So as you can see in no distant time our will be the best in Africa! Currently NPFL is rated as the fastest growing League in the world!
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
As in eeh grin grin grin grin that will be double tragedy
chax100:

The way Dolphins and Sharks are going down on the table, they might soon discover oil in the relegation offshore. grin grin grin
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
zopaks:

I heard that another private club called Cod united just gained promotion and employed a foreign coach immediately Ex Sporting Lisbon coach , can you shed more light on this?
www. thenet.ng/2015/09/nigerian-club-c-o-d-signs-portuguese-coach-paulo-jorge-silva/
COD United - City Of David United are owned by Redeemed Christian Church and they are arguably the best run club (management) in Nigeria. I was pained when they were relegated last season from the NNL. Currently they are on an intensive rebuilding of the club in quest of returning to the top flight.

This is the only club though yet to play in the top flight but updates her fans with match highlights on HD (check you tube) very active facebook and tweeter handles. Then their website is of international standard not even that of Enyimba can rival it.

The club is fashioned in a European model Bolton wanderers to be precise little wonder they are finding it difficult to aclamatise with the Nigeria football system!

The assertion you raised about the former fc porto player is true 'cos he has already resumed duty officially.

I really look forward to their being promoted soonest.

1 Share

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by ikorodureporta: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
honeric01:
MFM FC, Ikorodu United To Represent Lagos At The NPFL Next Season

Great news for football lovers in Lagos as MFM fc and Ikorodu United gain promotion to the elite league next season. This is will be first time since the inception of both clubs.

MFM, a football club owned by the Mountain of Fire and Miracles ministry secured the elite status despite their loss to Bendel Insurance over the weekend.

READ ALSO: AFCON: Super Eagles To Resume Training Tomorrow

Also, a breath-taking goal from Francis Shedrack helped Ikorodu United seal promotion to the premier league as it was all the team needed to defeat Ekiti United 1 -0; as it ensured the Ikorodu based club secure the last slot into the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL).

Elsewhere, Minna based Niger tornadoes also got elevated to play in the NPFL next season. The team got all needed three points at home as they defeated Mighty Jets FC of Jos 2 – 0 on Saturday to return to the elite league.

READ ALSO: Yaya Toure Turns Down Cote d’ Ivoire Call-Up

Finally, Plateau United also moved to top division of the Nigerian league when they bagged all three points at home to Kogi United; It ended 2 – 0.

https://www.naij.com/535638-mfm-fc-ikorodu-united-represent-lagos-npfl.html

i dey remember d days of stationary stores....Igbo no dey play f.ball for Lag again?
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by MduZA: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Arcard:
financially better only

you dont rate leagues by performance of players on the field...if it was the case Brazilian and Argentinian leagues would be ranked above the English and Spanish leagues ...south African premier league ranks 10 best league in the world...Nigerian league?
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Arcard(m): 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
MduZA:

you dont rate leagues by performance of players on the field...if it was the case Brazilian and Argentinian leagues would be ranked above the English and Spanish leagues ...south African premier league ranks 10 best league in the world...Nigerian league?
ya i kn buh its al cus of d money dats y
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
chax100:

The way Dolphins and Sharks are going down on the table, they might soon discover oil in the relegation offshore. grin grin grin

They are closed to the river, so it's okay if they discover oil grin
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
uduokirika1:

Make una move this thread go front page na

Answer=DSTV
Hope u know they have a clubside in ABSA

Last season they showed interest in acquiring Stationary Stores FC but Lagos govt renieged today SStores have not only been relegated to the Division 3 but ve gone comatose. Recall Lagos govt bought over Union Bank same last season and renamed it Stationary stores in the bid to reawaken the dying soccer spirit of fans in Lagos since stationary stores command the die hard soccer fans mostly made up of retirees who still bask in the euphoric nostalgic higihaga the old club glories bestowed. And yes they trooped out in their large numbers to support the team last season in the NNL, the old rivalry between 3sC and Sstores really came to the fore thereby recording the highest watched match last season in the NNL both at Water front and Adamasingba.

Back to the topic I see a gradual revolution in our league currently we have 4 clubs not owned by govt playing in the league and in the next 10years I can bet we will have more privately owned clubs playing in the top flights.

If you check the current table standings in the NNL you will notice Private owned clubs like Firstbank fc, J Atete, Goround fc were all contenders for promotion. If they replicate this same form next season, I see one or two from these to be promoted also and the chain continues!

Yup, i know Supersports Utd, well i can't wait to start seeing Lagos fans in motion, i hardly miss matches played in Lagos (Even NNL matches).

Well J Atete was in contention until they lost to MFM at Agege, 1st bank was also in contention until they lost away to a southern club.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by MduZA: 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
Arcard:
ya i kn buh its al cus of d money dats y

yeah you are right,money built stadia,money pays players thats why south African premier league attracts players from Europe,America,Nigeria and the world...
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
It has been a long time ago that I watched a Nigerian league at the stadium because of the distance involved. Now, that we have a team in Lagos playing top flight football I'll go to watch MFM when the new season begins

1 Like

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by rottable(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
I am now a fan mfm United. I just pray the perform very well next season. Anyway, good luck to them
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by rottable(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
MyvRedeem church suppose emulate wetin mfm United dey do, all the money they are collecting as offering what are they using it for self
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Madawaki01(m): 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
okotv:
So you mean I can watch my beloved enyimba live at the agege stadium ? When am in Lagos, expect me jaree. Those clubs concerned would see a growth in match day revenue.
up shootings!!
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ajibel:
The only reason I was excited about their promotion is that I'll get to watch Enyimba play LIVE twice in Lagos.

Just Enyimba matches? you're not a true fan of the league.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by awo666(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
so i can now watch my shooting stars (3sc) live up shooting up stars! The oluyole wariors
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by awo666(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
the league is coming to ibadan nxt season
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
Naija na we own...welcome MFM fc and IKD utd to the elite league

I rep Ifeanyiuba fc. But JOHN OBUH d thunder dat will strike u eenh still dey gather muscle for gym

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Naija na we own...welcome MFM fc and IKD utd to the elite league

I rep Ifeanyiuba fc. But JOHN OBUH d thunder dat will strike u eenh still dey gather muscle for gym ONYE ARA grin grin
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Ajibel(m): 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
honeric01:

Just Enyimba matches? you're not a true fan of the league.

Chineke. you support Barca, why don't you travel to Camp Nou to watch their games to show you are a true fan?

Are the Lag teams my club that I support? Why should I watch their games when it doesnt involve mine?

Dont you know that these games are mostly played simultaneously. So instead of me to follow Enyimba updates on their game, I go dey watch Ikorodu united play, and na my Ticket money dem go dey use boost their revenue.

Mba nu!!

That's not how I support the league cheesy
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by okotv(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Madawaki01:
up shootings!!
now that there is money, I must see enyimba play
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by okotv(m): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
rottable:
MyvRedeem church suppose emulate wetin mfm United dey do, all the money they are collecting as offering what are they using it for self
redeem has a team too. City of David united.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by okotv(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
dominique:
Wow two Lagos teams in top division after all these years. Nice! If Enyimba, Pillars or Dolphins come to town I might make time to watch.

But Honeric, Weston dey happen to insurance naa? Like play like play they relegated about 10 years ago and they've not made it back to top flight.
insurance are in deep poo and might not make it out until it is sold to private investors or a new governor who loves sport too comes in. I used to support them but no more. Now its the enyimba boys.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by superstar1(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
up Sooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by Icon4s(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Which venue(s) will serve as their Home ground? I hope dey will both play at Teslim Balogun stadium. Cos I know wan see any Ikorodu Township stadium on Supersports o.
Re: NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion by uduokirika1(m): 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Icon4s:
Which venue(s) will serve as their Home ground? I hope dey will both play at Teslim Balogun stadium. Cos I know wan see any Ikorodu Township stadium on Supersports o.

Mfm fc = Agege stadium
Ikorodu united=Onikan stadium

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okocha Graces Europa League Game Between Former Clubs Fenerbahce, Frankfurt / Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final / Alex Iwobi's Farewell Message To Arsenal Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.