Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Drivers Protest Robbery Attack, Block Ife Highway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Drivers Protest Robbery Attack, Block Ife Highway (695 Views)

God Saved Me From Accident And Arm Robbery Attack. / Uber Drivers Protest Against 40% Fare Reduction (Full details) / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drivers Protest Robbery Attack, Block Ife Highway by ojoadeola: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2015
Drivers of luxurious buses early Monday morning blocked the Ife- Ilesa Expressway to protest the robbery incident which they said happened on the road over night.

It was not clear if any life was lost in the accident, but our correspondent gathered that the drivers said the robbers took over the road since last night until early Monday morning.

One of the motorists trapped in the traffic congestion caused by the blockage of the road, Sanya, told our correspondent that the protest started around 4am on Monday.

Sanya said the protesting drivers said robbery cases were frequent on the road and vowed not to leave the road until the state governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, came to address them.

He said the policemen who arrived at the scene to restore order were chased away by the irate drivers, who demanded to see the commissioner of police.

Sanya said, ” We are close to 1000 vehicles trapped in the traffic snarl now. I have been here for over two hours and there is no exit road to take. We are stuck in the mess.

“Many newspapers delivery vans are here before dawn and there is no way anybody can escape except the road is cleared.”

Another motorist, Peter Dada, also told our correspondent that the blockage of the road had frustrated road users caught in the web of the protest.

He called on security agents to increase their presence on the road to prevent robbery cases.

The new Commissioner of Police in Osun State, Mr. Kola Sodipo, when contacted on the telephone by our correspondent said he had sent his men to the scene.

Sodipo said, ” I have sent my men there. I learnt that the robbery didn’t happen this morning but it has happened before.

http://www.punchng.com/news/drivers-protest-robbery-attack-block-ife-highway/
Re: Drivers Protest Robbery Attack, Block Ife Highway by nnachukz(m): 11:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Aregbesola, your people need you here. They said you must address their problem. No dey run, them no dey look for salary. Na just small talk, them wan talk with you.

(1) (Reply)

Caption-one Word For The Two Travellers / 6 Hot Tips For Surviving Carniriv 2015 / 6 Foreign Expressions You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.