Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,129 members, 7,953,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. (1906 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Iranian News Censors Michelle Obama’s Oscar Gown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by eyonigger(m): 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2009
What is the big deal that the media are trying to balloon up with this story?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/02/michelle-obama-hugs-queen_n_182237.html

Kini big deal?
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2009
RUBBISH!
this is no news here in the Uk and im quite sure the media houses did not take note of this.

looks like MSNBC ran out of garbage to put on the airwaves.
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by DisGuy: 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2009
what controversy?

A Buckingham Palace spokesman who asked not to be identified because of palace policy said he could not remember the last time the queen had displayed such public affection with a first lady or dignitary.

"It was a mutual and spontaneous display of affection," he said. "We don't issue instructions on not touching the queen."

them no get job?
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by blacksta(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2009
get a life
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Afam4eva(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2009
That woman should be kicked out of that place, MCdonals should buy the palace and open a new outlet.
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by eyonigger(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2009
Na jealousy me count am as, cos no American first lady visiting the palace has ever had a touch of the queens body, Michelle was the first, besides, it was the queen that showered her gesture first before Michelle returned it.
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by IFELEKE(m): 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2009
Inconsequential. . .
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by presido1: 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2009
Royal Rubbish. Feeding on poor British people.
Why that woman always put on gloves like a dead man.
Whats inside that Handbag that she always carry?
I guess Lip gloss, mirrior, tangele and what again.
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by AloyEmeka9: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2009
Who still cares about the queen or even Michelle herself when joblessness is looming everywhere. Isn't it time for that woman to kick the bucket and let her son become a king for at least a day before ugly  carmella frustrate him to death?. Charles is tired of being called a prince just like his own children. He needs promotion soon.
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Hauwa1: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2009
a few days ago, i was reading the reason why nobody should hug Madam Q, umm healing power undecided from a sinner? grin
The first lady is not her subject anyway, the woman touched Michelle first. i just felt funny at her quick turn to face Michelle, interesting.
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Pataki: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2009
>>>>>>>**Move to foreign affairs.**
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Hauwa1: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2009
Pakaki, move to glove or Fashion section sef na ya madam undecided
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Pataki: 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Pakaki, move to glove or Fashion section sef na ya madam undecided
Huh tongue tongue tongue

Sue me! cool
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Hauwa1: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2009
i won't sue you grin just keep on kissing her hand (that's more than enough) grin
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Epiphany(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2009
Lol. I am sure the Queen felt like a real human being when Mrs Obama touched/hugged her.
I cannot imagine that as a human being, she does not get daily hugs from people. Her life must be very drab. Lol. I cant imagine living like that
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by c33b33(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2009
presido1:

Royal Rubbish. Feeding on poor British people.
Why that woman always put on gloves like a dead man.
Whats inside that Handbag that she always carry?
I guess Lip gloss, mirrior, tangele and what again.

lma0!!!!this one got me rolling,u get mouth!! grin grin grin grin
Aloy.Emeka:

Who still cares about the queen or even Michelle herself when joblessness is looming everywhere. Isn't it time for that woman to kick the bucket and let her son become a king for at least a day before ugly carmella frustrate him to death?. Charles is tired of being called a prince just like his own children. He needs promotion soon.
Them tell you say she no dey enjoy am,Charles should wait more 50 years grin grin
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by Pepeye(f): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2009
Briefly putting her hand on the back of the Queen has generated a lot of criticism. However Michelle is not a subject to the Queen. As the first lady of the united states she isn’t excepted to curtsy before her or to any other crowned head
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by 4Play(m): 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2009
Does that senile and blithering idiot called the Queen deserve any respect in the first place?

I couldn't care less if Michelle clobbered her over the head with her hand bag. She needs to get a job. She's powerless, brain dead and nauseating. Her family is a cesspit of incest.

The whole monarchy should be abolished, the palaces ransacked and the members all sectioned in a mental institution.

Long Live England! grin grin I'm only kidding o
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by AngieFan(f): 10:21am On Apr 08, 2009
4 Play:

Does that senile and blithering idiot called the Queen deserve any respect in the first place?

I couldn't care less if Michelle clobbered her over the head with her hand bag. She needs to get a job. She's powerless, brain dead and nauseating. Her family is a cesspit of incest.

The whole monarchy should be abolished, the palaces ransacked and the members all sectioned in a mental institution.   

Long Live England!  grin  grin I'm only kidding o

AHHHHHHH. .  .BLASPHEMY!!  lipsrsealed

The Queen is the constitutional British Head of State as well as the Australian Head of State, Canadian Head of State, also of New Zealand and the entire Commonwealth as well as many other territories.

As Head of State, she personally signs every piece of legalisation that goes through Parliament. Without her signatory(Royal Assent), laws would be just a bit of worthless paper and she has the right not to sign should she not agree with the laws put before her. The Queen receives boxes and boxes of such official documents each day which all have to be read thoroughly. The Queen's loyalty is to her people and she will not sign anything that she feels would be a detriment to her people's welfare and well being. This is one of the benefits of being a Monarchy as opposed to a republic because she acts as a buffer between her people and the ones that operate her government which means the government are not just free to do what they want.

The Queen also has the right to fire or hire a Prime Minister, she apparently fired the Australian one through her Governor General in the 1970s. After each election the Prime Minister has to personally ask the Queen for her permission to wield her power in Parliament. The British Prime Minister meets with her every week when possible to brief her on what is going on and she advises and warns him of any concerns.

As the constitutional Monarch she is the richest person in the world with crown jewels, ancient medieval churches, cathedrals and thousands of rare pieces of art commissioned by Royals before her, palaces and castles over a 1000 years old, including the Houses of Parliament, some of which are too valuable for a monetary price to be put on them and these are big tourist pullers. Her personal wealth however is around $300 mill grin. She is also the first Royal to open two of her private homes Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle to the public and the money from these alone brought in around $100 mil and this money goes straight to the State. 

Although she receives money from the British tax payer she also pays tax even when she, as the Head of State, with every major government organisation operating in her name including the Her Majesty's treasury, is not required to do so and the tax she pays is more than what she receives.

The Queen is also the Head of the British armed forces, The Australian armed forces and the Canadian one. The Queen is also the Supreme Governor of the Church of England,(Anglican Church) which has around 20 million members globally and is the only one that can appoint Archbishops and Bishops on the advice of her ministers.

And that is just a snippet of what she does and is responsible for.

Any more from you sha and I will be seeking to have you done for treason and tried in HER Majesty's court with a recommendation that you spend a few weeks in HER Majesty's Prison House cooling off! grin grin

Aside from that I thought is was really sweet the way The Queen and Michelle Obama seemed to click together. I can see the beginnings of a warm lasting friendship there.

God Save The Queen! cool
Re: Michelle Obama's Hug With The Queen Of England Sparks Controversy. by RichyBlacK(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hugs can be therapeutic!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Why Western Imperialism Is Allied To Despotic Saudi Arabia? / US Carried Out An Airstrike Inside Kabul On Sunday / Russia Confirms Mossad Agent Was Part Of The Terrorist Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.